Coloccini wants out; Sevilla confirm interest

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest firetotheworks

Thought Coloccini played alright today tbh. Played too many aimless long balls but that was clearly the instructions given to the back four imo.

Collocini makes just as many mistakes as Bramble did, only not in a fall on your arse obvious kind of way.  Just like Bramble he looks quite good most of the time only to f*** up and cost us a goal. Very poor value at £12m. 

OK, I'll deal with this daftness.

1. Dont be daft

2. It was 10 million

3. Dont be daft

But we all agree that the goal was Taylors fault though?

Coloccini got a hold of his player and Taylor just looks at Gardner and just doesnt care hes free on goal, he just run towards a player Coloccini already has taken out, f***ing stupid of Taylor

It was Butt/the midfield's fault imo. Gardner was running and no one was tracking him down when our defenders were busy with the players already in the box.

Guest firetotheworks

It could be one of any of Taylors, Bassongs or Butts fault. Colo was already marking someone. Taylor was behind them both and personally I think he should have tracked Gardiner. Theres a case for a few of them though, I still dont know where Bassong was.

Colo, like Harper, Bassong and the rest of them is being told to boot it long, every time. It isn't their fault that they are booting it to one man who stands barely 5'7 and another who belongs nowhere near a football ptich, nevermind the focal point of an attack

I don't think they're being told to do that. I don't think they're being told anything.

I've never seen, to this extent, a NUFC management team so bereft of a gameplan. It's frightening considering the games coming up.

Colo's alright it's that muppet taylor whose dropping the defence in it. watch him I'm sure he's thinks he has wings  arms stretched out runs up front ,thinks he's a striker then blames the rest of the defence for his short comings the quicker he's gone the better, miracle he didn't try and grab the captains armband following the sub, he thinks he's a god like figure ,jesus wept.

Coloccini got a hold of his player and Taylor just looks at Gardner and just doesnt care hes free on goal, he just run towards a player Coloccini already has taken out, f***ing stupid of Taylor

Good defenders would of just moved along but neither these two are that good they both on par with each other. I honestly don't Gary Neville would of ran across Vidic or Rios view.

Guest fading star

ST was expecting Collocini to go and intercept the runner. What with Collocini being about ten yards nearer to Gardner when he picked up the ball in acres of space.

ST had ran over to mark the man without the ball, thereby freeing Collocini to deal with the player with possession of the white round thing, who was running unchallenged into our box. That’s how it should be done. Taylor was playing right back, not sweeper. His job isn’t to run across his central defenders. By the time ST had worked out Collocini had just invented a new, and radical way of defending as a team, there was nothing he could do.

Collocini failed to react to the threat. He just stood there like a statue waiting for somebody else to deal with the developing threat. Like his habit of turning his back on shots, it displays a lack of courage.

Can we knock on the head the idea that this bloke is a ball playing centre half?

He's about as one dimensional with the ball at his feet as any centre half we've had.

Agree.

Also at fault again for the goal that ultimately cost us the match yesterday.

He is getting so bad I am starting to wish that other chap you like Cacapa gets a game.

Agree his inability to spot where the danger was and come across and actually defend the ball in has ended up costing us the match I keep thinking to myself he can't be this bad..... surely he can't.

He continues to individually cost the team goals i've watched him cost us more goals then the rest of the defense has put tougher this season you simply can't keep picking a player who consistently puts in such poor standard performances what must the other players think seeing this clown get consistently picked.

you simply can't keep picking a player who consistently puts in such poor standard performances what must the other players think seeing this clown get consistently picked.

you've just described the problems of our team, season, manager and club in one go

well done

ST was expecting Collocini to go and intercept the runner. What with Collocini being about ten yards nearer to Gardner when he picked up the ball in acres of space.

ST had ran over to mark the man without the ball, thereby freeing Collocini to deal with the player with possession of the white round thing, who was running unchallenged into our box. That’s how it should be done. Taylor was playing right back, not sweeper. His job isn’t to run across his central defenders. By the time ST had worked out Collocini had just invented a new, and radical way of defending as a team, there was nothing he could do.

Collocini failed to react to the threat. He just stood there like a statue waiting for somebody else to deal with the developing threat. Like his habit of turning his back on shots, it displays a lack of courage.

No, Collocini was marking his man, as soon as the guy crossed the ball to Gardner Collocini moved towards Gardner but it was way too late, noboday could have covered that distance. If Gardner had taken a touch first i think Collocini would have closed him down. Taylor did nothing wrong imo, didn't have the time to run across to Gardner and it really wasn't anywhere near the area he was defending. Entirely a f**k up by the midfield.

You knocking Collocini for THAT one is ridiculous.

Simple fact Gardner is a LM, therefore he would be up against a RB, now i wasn't expecting ST to run along with him everywhere, but if you know who you're meant to be marking then your eye must be on that player for most of the time, seeing where they are etc. Now ST should've known where Gardner was, he didn't have anyone else to mark and he should've seen the danger earlier on and told Colo to go to him. He doesn't have eyes in the back of his head, people seem to expect that as he cost 10m but the truth is he's just a human being.

This ball playing crap, i've seen plenty of evidence o suggest that Colo is as good technically as some forward players. What are you expecting him to do? play a 50 yard through ball, no movement ahead, nobody to pass to therefore stupid punt which loses the ball.

I can't believe Colo is getting stick. Ask yourselves why since Bobby left our defences have been crappier than crap? Good defenders arrive here like Boumsong (yes Boumsong) and Cacapa and Colo and in no time at all they're being ripped apart by strikers and us  and MOTD. I've always thought the fault isn't always with the defenders but the midfield. We've never really had a collective decent midfield, players who worked together, melded well, DEFENDED well. It's like a leaking sieve.

And Habib Beye would have tracked Gardner, without a shadow of a doubt. All this technical talk of why it should have been Colo who saved us instead of Taylor does my head in. Habib would have cracked it - no earthly doubt.  :smitten:

Guest neesy111

colo is a liability, too many people trying to defend him

if it had been steven taylor making the mistake's he has this season then he would be slated and hounded out, too many people two faced on this forum tbh

I can't believe Colo is getting stick. Ask yourselves why since Bobby left our defences have been crappier than crap? Good defenders arrive here like Boumsong (yes Boumsong) and Cacapa and Colo and in no time at all they're being ripped apart by strikers and us  and MOTD. I've always thought the fault isn't always with the defenders but the midfield. We've never really had a collective decent midfield, players who worked together, melded well, DEFENDED well. It's like a leaking sieve.

And Habib Beye would have tracked Gardner, without a shadow of a doubt. All this technical talk of why it should have been Colo who saved us instead of Taylor does my head in. Habib would have cracked it - no earthly doubt.  :smitten:

Boumsong was gash. End of.

I am sorry but a lot of goals we have conceded are due to Colo's mistakes, he is to slow and does not have good positional sense, when you have a lack of pace as a defender then you need a footballihg brain to get into position eerly. The goal yesterday was his fault, Bass went over to help try and stop the cross, Taylor picked up his man and Colo just totally missed the run of Gardner. His long rabge passing from the bacm is very poor just to Bramble like for me. His fitness is a + I suppose when you want a back four to play as many games together then thats needed, but once Beye is back is he really going to make so much difference that Colo starts to perform? I doubt it, I can see Taylor taking his place.

The one thing I've noticed a lot with Coloccini is sometimes he gets caught out by being very indecisive in his decisions. For example often there is a ball he has a 60/40 chance of winning. However he hesitates in commiting himself for it, so then he makes the move towards the ball too late, which then means the attacker can use his indecision against him and he often gets beat this way.

Seriously? Steven Taylor was to blame for the goal, and not anybody else.

I'm far from a Taylor fan but come on, that's just wrong. Enrique failed to stop the cross, Bassong was marking nobody, Coloccini got caught in two minds, Taylor was nowhere and nobody tracked the runner from our midfield. It was shite all round.

Bolton exploited the huge gap between midfield and defence. Jose Enrique stepped up to try and stop Davies, but he was able to get the ball to M. Taylor. Bassong went across to cover Enrique, it's questionable whether he should have moved across, but if he managed to block it we would have said it was excellent reading of the game. Collocini had his man marked, perhaps he could have realised that no midfielder was tracking Gardner, but then that is 3 variables he has to keep a check on (a) the ball (b) his player © another player. Steven Taylor could have came across to cover as he had a clear view of Gardner's run or he should took over marking Collocini's man and pushed him on. Ultimately its a bad team goal, which could have been prevented if (a) a midfielder had tracked Gardner (b) Taylor had shouted to Collocini to cover the space.

Enrique got caught out after pushing up to support the attack bassong was on his way over to cover for Enrique, this should mean that the other two remaining defenders drift over a bit to cover the space left, Taylor did this and was picking up his man, Colo got caught in two minds on what to do and by the time he  seen the gap he had left it was to late an Gardner had ran into it. Myabe Taylor should have been shotung to Colo to move over and that he has his man covered.

Enrique was at fault a bit for not getting back quick enough, Taylor for maybe a little bit of lack of comunication but mainly it was down to Colo to pick up Gardner and he got nowhere near him.

Enrique got caught out after pushing up to support the attack bassong was on his way over to cover for Enrique, this should mean that the other two remaining defenders drift over a bit to cover the space left, Taylor did this and was picking up his man, Colo got caught in two minds on what to do and by the time he  seen the gap he had left it was to late an Gardner had ran into it. Myabe Taylor should have been shotung to Colo to move over and that he has his man covered.

Enrique was at fault a bit for not getting back quick enough, Taylor for maybe a little bit of lack of comunication but mainly it was down to Colo to pick up Gardner and he got nowhere near him.

You don't do zonal marking in that situation, you man mark you don't just leave a man because there's a bit of empty space, that's stupid. Taylor should have communicated to Colo that the man was coming because in man for man marking Gardner is Taylor's man, now he shouldn't have been running with him everywhere but he should've known exactly where he was, and he did see him but failed to communicate the danger, how is that Coloccini's fault.

CB's aren't meant to track the run of a LM or any midfielder for that matter, especially when playing against a 4-4-2.