Coloccini wants out; Sevilla confirm interest

Guest Howaythetoon

Did anyone see that tackle between Chopra & Coloccini that nearly led to their 2nd in slow motion? Colo's foot looked horrific the way it moved.

Thought it was a rick from Colo at the time but it was Nicky Butt's fault really, stupid header to play back.

Definitely, it was a classic see-it-coming error, I was shouting "don't head it fucking backwards" before he did it.

Played well yesterday I thought, with the exception of the goal

Aye, he struggled in the air a bit but not many defenders can beat Jones to the ball consistently. Think his confidence just looks a little low at the moment, if we had a decent squad we could pull him out of the firing line for a couple of games to regroup.

Played well yesterday I thought, with the exception of the goal

Aye, he struggled in the air a bit but not many defenders can beat Jones to the ball consistently. Think his confidence just looks a little low at the moment, if we had a decent squad we could pull him out of the firing line for a couple of games to regroup.

I think he has continued to show his class even when having a bit of a tough time and overall for a first season in English football has done very well indeed.

He is also always there and seems to has a good attitude, when some "Johnny Foreigners" (and one or two fans favourites) seem to find any little excuse to have a spell out of the firing line when the going gets tough.

In fact I thought our 3 Spanish speaking players (and a certain Frenchman) played with an attitude yesterday that couldn't have been better if they'd been born and bred on Tyneside.

Guest Howaythetoon

Piss poor again. He was outpaced, outmuscled and out thought. There are only so many excuses and he's fast running out of them. He isn't performing anything like a £10m defender and with every poor performance is resembling your typical expensive flop ala Boumsong dare I say. I only hope he comes good but on the evidence so far I fear the worst, I really do.

He's a bit of a machine as far as appearances goes, like.

Wonder how many consecutive games he's played now for his club sides - played every game last season for Deportivo as far as I'm aware.

Cue a terrible injury tomorrow...

He certainly hasn't hidden if you ask me, which is fairly admirable considering the circumstances and the fact that many have before him.

82 games in a row, if Soccernet is right, since Feb18th 2007. Got subbed once on 83 minutes in all of that time (April 19th 2007). Insane.

Defo getting injured now like, well done me.

Apologies all.

He's a bit of a machine as far as appearances goes, like.

Wonder how many consecutive games he's played now for his club sides - played every game last season for Deportivo as far as I'm aware.

Cue a terrible injury tomorrow...

He certainly hasn't hidden if you ask me, which is fairly admirable considering the circumstances and the fact that many have before him.

82 games in a row, if Soccernet is right, since Feb18th 2007. Got subbed once on 83 minutes in all of that time (April 19th 2007). Insane.

Defo getting injured now like, well done me.

Apologies all.

:angry: :dave:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Heneage

Purely depends on who's playing in front of you tbh. How can he pass it when nobody is there?

Nail on the head, he plays behind a midfielder who passes it straight back to you every time in Nicky Butt.

Purely depends on who's playing in front of you tbh. How can he pass it when nobody is there?

Him not being a good player with the ball at his feet has very little to do with his team mates tbh.

He's a defender though if he's good with the ball that's a bonus. The real problems we've got are the players in front of him aren't very good with the ball at their feet either and seeing as they are midfielders it's bloody crucial.

Him not being a good player with the ball at his feet has very little to do with his team mates tbh.

He's a defender though if he's good with the ball that's a bonus. The real problems we've got are the players in front of him aren't very good with the ball at their feet either and seeing as they are midfielders it's bloody crucial.

You're right, but his defending has been weak too although it improved today.

It just seems that week after week another flaw is being exposed in his game which has previously been mentioned as a strength.

Overall he seems to be getting worse rather than coming to terms with the league, with others then getting the blame for it.

You're right, but his defending has been weak too although it improved today.

It just seems that week after week another flaw is being exposed in his game which has previously been mentioned as a strength.

Overall he seems to be getting worse rather than coming to terms with the league, with others then getting the blame for it.

I thought our defence coped well today, other than the goal we looked in control. Once we've got something that could vaguely be described as a working midfield maybe we can look at improving the defensive personnel. Right now for me it's not a major concern.

Guest fading star

Thought Coloccini played alright today tbh. Played too many aimless long balls but that was clearly the instructions given to the back four imo.

Collocini makes just as many mistakes as Bramble did, only not in a fall on your arse obvious kind of way.  Just like Bramble he looks quite good most of the time only to fuck up and cost us a goal. Very poor value at £12m. 

Guest Heneage

Thought Coloccini played alright today tbh. Played too many aimless long balls but that was clearly the instructions given to the back four imo.

Had few options really, Butt isn't much better.