Other clubs transfer rumours thread

LooneyToonArmy

not sure what happened to the old thread (think it was titled summer rumours anyway)

Scholes,Hargreaves,Anderson,Carrick. Do they need more centre midfielders?

------

Fergie wants an £18million Pal

MANCHESTER UNITED are poised to make an £18million swoop for Wigan ace Wilson Palacios.

SunSport understands the champions could nab the midfielder as early as January, although the deal is more likely to happen at the end of the season.

We told you exclusively that United wanted Palacios, 24, last summer — but Latics boss Steve Bruce was desperate to keep him for one more year.

A close pal of Palacios said: “You know the rapport between Steve Bruce and Alex Ferguson. They’re very close.

“United have been following Wilson closely for some time. Steve benefited from his rapport with Sir Alex and was able to keep Wilson for six months or a year more.

“Nothing is signed but there’s a moral agreement. Wigan have set the bar high, £18m. It’s possible it could be done in January.”

Honduran Palacios has been a revelation in the Premier League since Wigan bought him for £1m from Birmingham last January.

So have United recently — shrugging off their sluggish start with wins against Bolton and Blackburn plus a Euro triumph over Aalborg in the past 10 days.

And Ferguson has warned his rivals they will be even BETTER after the international break.

The United boss said: “We never usually settle until the international breaks are over. We’ll get back into the rhythm with West Brom at home.

“Then in November you can expect us to really start going.”

Manchester City after Cassano (Gazzetta).

Alberto Aquilani is wanted by Inter Milan, and (Tuttosport) claim a deal is already in place with Crespo heading the other way. Roma a selling club?

Real Madrid are keeping tabs on Inter's Mario Balotelli for around €18m (Spanish Media).

Spartak Moscow are looking at Kevin Kuranyi, whose contract runs out in 2010. A very good player who I saw on TV afew time when in Austria over the summer. Scores goals for fun.

Luis Fabiano to Chelsea for around €15m in January (The Times).

Guest Heneage

I see Aqualini being the new Totti if he moves i'll be suprised although Inter know Roma need a Crespo. Balotelli is good prospect but sometimes takes to much on in terms of corners and the like, and Cassano is just mental, City would have the most un-disciplined dressing room since the Moscow State Circus.

Manchester City after Cassano (Gazzetta).

Alberto Aquilani is wanted by Inter Milan, and (Tuttosport) claim a deal is already in place with Crespo heading the other way. Roma a selling club?

Real Madrid are keeping tabs on Inter's Mario Balotelli for around €18m (Spanish Media).

Spartak Moscow are looking at Kevin Kuranyi, whose contract runs out in 2010. A very good player who I saw on TV afew time when in Austria over the summer. Scores goals for fun.

Luis Fabiano to Chelsea for around €15m in January (The Times).

Bargain!

Guest quklaani

Palacios will never sign for us, especially not for such an absurd amount.  He's inferior to all six of our midfielders, and I wouldn't be surprised if the lad Rodrigo is better than him soon enough.  He's a decent player, but its just lazy media rubbish.

It's not good when Inter are buying the best players from the team that's been their nearest rival for the past two seasons.

Is it not good that Inter are buying, or is it not good that the other teams are selling?

Only reason the whole Aquilani thing has come up is because Roma doesnt have a pure attacker when Totti is gone, they have to consider their options.

Can people just realize that sometimes it isnt a big conspiracy behind all big club transfers?

Roma choses to sell, just like they did when they let Mancini go.

No one said it was a conspiracy. I'm just know that Mancini was one of Roma's best players last seasom...same with Aquilani. I don't mind them selling the player, but selling the player to the team your chasing seems like a bad idea to me. I guess they are alright as long as they replace him with quality...they need a top class striker too. Menez, Baptista, and Okaka aren't going to win them the scudetto.

Wilson Palacios and Valencia are much more likely to end up at the likes of Tottenham, Villa, or Everton, or a decent team in Spain, then at Manchester United. However, Palacios is better than Scholes (who is completely and totally past it and a n shadow of the player he was) and maybe Anderson (Who is talented, but has hasn't matured or found the correct poistion for himself yet.)

Guest Phil K

No, they're just being c***s.

The same football "journos" who snipe at Chelsea etc for "buying success" never utter a word about this, as its "YewNited"

Yet Man U are as bad as Chelski in this. But the rags say nowt.

Guest Heneage

No, they're just being c***s.

The same football "journos" who snipe at Chelsea etc for "buying success" never utter a word about this, as its "YewNited"

Yet Man U are as bad as Chelski in this. But the rags say nowt.

Tbf a lot of Man Uniteds revenue for said players is self generated and not from a Billionaire. Chelsea is the tramp that found the winning Russian Lottery ticket.

I still don't see why it matters where the money comes from. They are still outspending everyone else, and bullying other teams into selling to them through tapping up and other methods. They are just a s bad as Chelsea. I wonder if its because people just aren't used to Chelsea having this much power, while Manchester United acting in such a way is just the status quo.

I still don't see why it matters where the money comes from. They are still outspending everyone else, and bullying other teams into selling to them through tapping up and other methods. They are just a s bad as Chelsea. I wonder if its because people just aren't used to Chelsea having this much power, while Manchester United acting in such a way is just the status quo.

Why shouldn't Man United spend the money they raise themselves, through their acheivements.

Totally different situation to Chelsea, to compare the two clubs is ludicrous.

I think the Atletico thing is more of a publicity stunt. It's not they are going around scouting toddler games. They are just showing good will towards one of best footballers ever and their current best player. Platini would look like a bit of a cock if he "hammers" this to be honest.

WOLVES' £100m WONDERKID :cheesy:

HE is the 15 year-old son of immigrant asylum-seekers — and is being tipped to become football’s first £100million player.

Zele Ismail, currently on the books of Championship leaders Wolves, has already attracted the attention of Chelsea and Manchester City,who are ready to pay a staggering £2.5m for the schoolboy.

Even that fee is unlikely to make a dent in Wolves’ determination to keep a tight hold on the youngster who is rated the outstanding player of his age in the country.

The Midlands club have thrown a protective shield around Ismail since he joined them after arriving in England with his Serbian-born parents five years ago.

Gem

Even when he was 10, Wolves were certain they had uncovered a gem who would become a major star if he continued his progress.

But they were also aware he would become prey to the bigger clubs and top agents desperate to entice him away from Molineux.

Wolves went to extraordinary lengths to keep Ismail under wraps and succeeded until he emerged before a wider audience in the summer, winning the Player of the Tournament at the Milk Cup event — the same stage at which David Beckham and Joe Cole first came to prominence.

The remarkable emergence of Ismail was nurtured by Wolves former academy director Chris Evans, who in the past has discovered players such as Robbie Keane, Joleon Lescott, Lee Naylor and Wayne Hennessey.

Evans, now assistant manager at Bolton, said: “It was clear very early on that Zele was a special player with talent way beyond his years.

“We picked him up when he was playing for his school team and the Wolverhampton district side when he was 10. Straight away he was playing in age groups two years above his own.

Ability

“He was smaller than the rest but his technical ability and football brain helped him overcome any physical problems.

“We soon realised we needed to protect him because there are so many predators — recruitment officers from the big clubs and agents — in the game.

“It got to the stage where I had to ban agents and other clubs from the training ground.

“His ability made it impossible for him to be ignored. He could score four, five or six goals in a game so we tended to take him off so as not to draw too much attention to him.

“But the cat is out of the bag now. He was superb in the Milk Cup tournament and now he has made his debut for the England Under-16s.”

Progress

Evans is convinced that Ismail will remain at Wolves and said: “The last thing Zele needs now is any upheaval in his life. He had enough trauma in his early years when he had to come to a new country and learn a new language and culture.

“There is no limit to what he can achieve. He is easily the best player in the country for his age.

“If he continues his progress up to the age of 21 he will become priceless. People are talking about there being a £100m player one day. That’s understandable because the game is now in the hands, not just of millionaires, but billionaires.

“I wouldn’t want to put any pressure on the lad, but in years to come I can see enormous money being spent on Zele.”

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/article42764.ece

CARLOS TEVEZ FUTURE IN DOUBT :cheesy:

THE OLD TRAFFORD future of Carlos Tevez has been thrown into doubt by Manchester United’s pursuit of Douglas Costa.

United recently claimed there was no hitch in the Tevez deal — even though boss Alex Ferguson had hinted the Argie would have to wait until the end of the season before getting a permanent transfer.

But Sport of the World understands United are deadly serious about capturing 18-year-old attacking midfielder Costa, who is also on the hitlist of Barcelona and Real Madrid.

And after signing a new contract with his club Gremio, Costa’s fee would be around £20million.

Fire

With United set to feel the financial squeeze as much as anybody, it is highly unlikely that a £20m move for Costa would be sanctioned in addition to a £30m deal for 24-year-old Tevez.

That, of course, is the astonishing amount United will have to pay to MSI, the company that owns Tevez’s registration.

United are likely to hang fire over Tevez until they see how the chase for Costa pans out and, of course, until they see if Cristiano Ronaldo reignites his desire to move to Real Madrid.

But United are assembling a strong Brazilian contingent and Costa would be joining compatriots Anderson, Rodrigo Possebon and the Da Silva twins, Rafael and Fabio.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/article43063.ece

Of course it matters, one situation is a Football club being able to spend because they generate big money from being am extremely successful Football club.  The other is a club who are able to spend simply because some bloke decided he fancied playing Football manager in real life.  One is the way it should be, the other will destroy the game completely.  I'm not saying I like Man Utd, I think they're a bunch of spoilt cunts and I think there is bias towards them from all corners in the game.  However I don't think anyone has a leg to stand on when complaining about them spending the money they make from their own success..

Of course it matters, one situation is a Football club being able to spend because they generate big money from being am extremely successful Football club.  The other is a club who are able to spend simply because some bloke decided he fancied playing Football manager in real life.  One is the way it should be, the other will destroy the game completely.  I'm not saying I like Man Utd, I think they're a bunch of spoilt cunts and I think there is bias towards them from all corners in the game.  However I don't think anyone has a leg to stand on when complaining about them spending the money they make from their own success..

Both are several hundred million pounds in debt so, regardless of how they got there, it's hard to argue that "One is the way it should be".