awful dirty mackems v Newcastle United, Saturday 25th October

Guest BooBoo

OBAFEMI MARTINS is set to give Newcastle a huge boost — by making a shock derby day return to action.

The Nigerian striker had been ruled out until mid-November with a knee injury picked up in the Carling Cup defeat against Tottenham.

But Martins now aims to be involved — if only from off the bench — against Sunder- land on October 25 after returning to light training a fortnight ahead of schedule.

Martins has been jogging and kicking a ball at Newcastle’s training ground in recent days, much to the delight of Joe Kinnear.

Amid fears that Mark Viduka will be sidelined for another six months with an Achilles injury, the prospect of Martins returning to partner Michael Owen is a huge plus for United’s interim manager.

Meanwhile, sources suggest that Indian billionaire Anil Ambani may be ready to revive his interest in a Newcastle takeover.

The Sunday Sun can confirm that Ambani did make serious inquiries about a bid for United in the summer, and has not ruled out an official approach.

But the revelation that owner Mike Ashley has underwritten Newcastle’s debts rather than settled them out of his own pocket is understood to be a new concern for would-be buyers.

One of the potential investors approached by Ashley during his recent trip to Dubai — Zabeel Investments — are poised to buy Charlton Athletic, as the likelihood increases of Ashley having to significantly lower his asking price for the Magpies.

Elsewhere, FIFA have been called into a row over Emre’s transfer from Newcastle to Fenerbahce in the summer.

The exact details of the case are unclear, but it may centre on money being due to Emre’s former club — and Fener’s bitter rivals — Galatasaray as part of the deal.

As for incoming players, the Magpies’ managerial limbo means they look set to miss out on Bolton starlet Jack Sampson.

We can reveal the 15-year-old striker and his parents visited Newcastle in August and were open to a move, but Kevin Keegan’s departure and the chaos that followed has left the teenager more likely to join Manchester City.

http://www.chocolatebuttons.co.uk/images/cbuttons/expanded_pics/chocolate_bars/cadbury_boost.jpg

Guest samtoonarmy

I havent got 60 loyalty points and I cant get tickets until 17 October. Does anyone reckon there'll be some available on the 17th. I dont want to be getting my hopes up and then find out its sold out

I havent got 60 loyalty points and I cant get tickets until 17 October. Does anyone reckon there'll be some available on the 17th. I dont want to be getting my hopes up and then find out its sold out

No chance, will sell out in the next 2-3 days. You only need 40 points now  anyway.

Anyone got any Mackem match rituals? I've got the Friday (day before) off work because I get too nervous in the lead up. Will probably watch some past victories against them.

I sometimes have a big full English breakfast with a bottle or two of Brown Ale, same with the last home game of the season. This time I doubt i'll be doing it as;

a)It's an away game

and

b) I'm going to be drinking nearly all day as it is

Guest samtoonarmy

No chance, will sell out in the next 2-3 days. You only need 40 points now  anyway.

I havent even got 40 points  :tickedoff:

cheers anyway mate

The Mackems at work are totally convinced that they are going to thrash us.

It has to happen sooner or later and this is the obvious time what with our current plight and all.

Right now they think they're a better side.  Actually they're pretty crap despite the hype, but you'll never convince the deluded tw@ts of that. With our key players back we're the better side.

Agree with what you say about "sooner or later" though, considering they haven't beaten us on wearyside since the first world war - it's got to happen sometime.

It has to happen sooner or later and this is the obvious time what with our current plight and all.

Let them build themselves up for a fall. Don't fall for the hype man, the media are building them up as if they're new Chelsea, I mean Diouf and Cisse and Chimbonda? Whoopdedoo.

Is there anyone who doesn't drink on these days? Seems to be a region-wide drinkathon.

I know what you mean, everyone seems to have a binge drink don't they.

For me its one of them, where the drink doesn't really register with me until its over no matter how much i knock back. Nervous energy just takes over.

Let them build themselves up for a fall. Don't fall for the hype man, the media are building them up as if they're new Chelsea, I mean Diouf and Cisse and Chimbonda? Whoopdedoo.

It must be the same media who attack every team north of London - except for Man Ure and Liverpool right?

Mackems at my work are pretty quiet at the moment. Theyve had a few moans about Chimbonda lately being totally shite. I do get the feeling though they are confident of beating us.

I really dont fear them. They are still a poor team who play poor football. Just hope we have Jonas and Beye back, think we'll be ok.

Suits me, I have 30 loyalty points, but if I don't want to travel up by myself then I need it to drop to 28 pretty sharpish!

Anyone with 25 or so loyalty points manage to get away tickets last year?

30 mightn't be enough tbh

It must be the same media who attack every team north of London - except for Man Ure and Liverpool right?

I don't get your point, where do I say the media attack every team north of London - except for Man Ure and Liverpool? What I'm saying is the media love Sunderland and Keane, especially Keane. If Keegan had spent 50 million on such donkeys the media would have been calling him worse than shoite. As it is they're "astute buys".

Hmmm, no way am I expecting us to be beaten by Sunderland, but I'm definately not expecting a win either. It'll definately be a nervy affair, but with key players coming back from us, especially in the midfield, I'll feel a bit more confident than I would have if this was the next fixture.

If we have a good game against Man City I'll be confident of the team at least putting the work in. The players & manager should know how much this means to us, if they don't they can fuck off out of the team and never come back for all I care.