awful dirty mackems v Newcastle United, Saturday 25th October

Guest BooBoo

i dunno like, i'm one of butts harshest critics but since we've found a little bit of form in the last two games i dont know if i want to see the middle of the park change for such an important game, we could probably do with his experience for this one

I don't even think he's found form particulalry, but this is probably the wrong game to throw Barton in at the deep end. At home against West Brom would have been a better time for Butt to get injured.

i dunno like, i'm one of butts harshest critics but since we've found a little bit of form in the last two games i dont know if i want to see the middle of the park change for such an important game, we could probably do with his experience for this one

I don't even think he's found form particulalry, but this is probably the wrong game to throw Barton in at the deep end. At home against West Brom would have been a better time for Butt to get injured.

butt hasnt found form, but since we're bypassing the midfield when we have posession he isnt getting a chance to play any of those trademark killer passes to the opposition

butt hasnt found form, but since we're bypassing the midfield when we have posession he isnt getting a chance to play any of those trademark killer passes to the opposition

Aye, I'm not sure what I'd do if Jonas is fit, you need to play Geremi as he gets most of our assists, you need to play Guthrie as he's our best CM at the moment, Barton can't start as he won't be match fit and Duff can't be dropped but neithe rcan Butt in this type of game,  maybe 433?  Martins as the lone striker?

I'd really like to see us play this against the scum

Given

Beye        Colo      Bassong

Taylor (DM)

Jonas    Barton  Guthrie    Duff

Ameobi/Xisco    Martins       

Given

Taylor (DM)

Jonas     Barton  Guthrie     Duff

Ameobi/Xisco     Martins       

Would it not be better to stick with the 4-4-2 rather than just randomly change to a completely new system for such a big game? :lol:

Given

Taylor (DM)

Ameobi/Xisco     Martins       

Would it not be better to stick with the 4-4-2 rather than just randomly change to a completely new system for such a big game? :lol:

Im not sure I've seen any team play that system tbh.  Is uppose we sort of did when we play tino as a right wingback.

Taylor would get sent off playing in that role infront of a back three, he would be making to many tackles.

-------------Given

Beye---Tayls-----Colo----Bass

Jonas---Guth-----Bart----Duff

---------Shola-----Oba

More nervous than I've been for a game for a long time....first away derby I been to since Dabizas 1-0.

Same here, although it was the mackem end I was in that day, just next to the toon support. :rolleyes: Managed to keep calm, just stood up shaking my head when Dabizas scored so I could see where he was going with the celebration. ;D It was quite funny listening to the mackems around me during the game! Classic quote sitting in the pub with my mackem mate after the match:

"I wouldn't say this in front of any Newcastle fan, but we are fuckin shite, fuckin shite, and Ive been to Northampton to see us, but we are shitter now than weve ever been."

My mate just looked at me and I thought he was about to tell the whole pub I was a toon fan! :thdn:

Can't wait for tomorrow now! :celb:

Given

Taylor (DM)

Ameobi/Xisco     Martins       

Im not sure I've seen any team play that system tbh.  Is uppose we sort of did when we play tino as a right wingback.

That system doesn't even make sense. Surely this "DM" would be better employed as a defender? Regardless...he would probaly end up playing in defense anyway as there are two box to box midfielders in front of him.

Given

Taylor (DM)

Ameobi/Xisco     Martins       

Nope! I'm a tactical genius