Newcastle United vs Citeh - Pre match thread

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Given

Taylor     Beye      Bassong   Enrique

Coloccini

Jonas             Guthrie              Gutierrez

Duff      Owen

I know he's good, but can he play on both wings?!

He can do it!  Maetihs saw him do it in that DVD he had!

Given

Coloccini

Duff      Owen

Was Jonas the one he said was shite?

Given

Coloccini

Duff      Owen

Was Jonas the one he said was s****?

Yes

Given

Coloccini

Duff      Owen

He can indeed play both wings

Unfortunately not at the same time!

Guest toonlass

Given

Beye  Taylor  Coloccini  Enrique

Jonas  Geremi  Guthrie    N'Zogbia

Duff Owen

3-2 to us.

Given

Beye   Taylor  Coloccini   Enrique

Jonas  Geremi   Guthrie    N'Zogbia

Duff Owen

3-2 to us.

Thats the lineup I just jotted down on a post-it (bored at work). I think Butt will probably be in there though.

Edit: I had Bassong in for Enrique

Sounds like Gutierrez and Beye will return for this one.  :thup:

Official site saying Martins has returned to training also which is a big boost, doubtful he will be back for this one however.

Glad finally N'Zogbia is starting to get played in his best position; there will be a lot to come from him in the coming months if he is to be given the chance to get at the opposition, I thought he was terrific against Everton most notably second half with his direct runs while nearly winning us the game.

Bassong though has been the one who has surprised me when given the chance, I would have him in the side he looks a extremely promising young defender the current recruitment team did well getting him, he looks far more suited to the physical aspect of our league then Jose Enrique.

I hope Kinnear with the return to fitness of Gutierrez doesn't make the mistake of ousting Geremi from the side he might not have the legs but his delivery and eye for a pass offers the side a lot and there must be a place for him I would have him in alongside Nicky Butt.

Given

Taylor   Coloccini

Beye                           Bassong

Geremi  Butt

Gutierrez                   N'Zogbia

Duff

Martins

SSN says Robinho was stretched off for Brazil last night looks like he might well be out  :thup:

I also think that Geremi can pass a ball quite well and it would be a shame to take him out the team and leave butt in the team. We can't rely on Butt for things he has done in the past and experience, he is totally off his game at the moment and doesn't deserve a place in the team. His mistakes are very costly and a Geremi Guthrie partnership would be interesting to see...

If I were the Boss:

----------Given------------

Beye---Colo---Taylor---Bassong

Jonas--Geremi--Guthrie--Zoggy

---------Duff----Owen-----

Duff up front on his own and owen in between the lines...

Subs: Butt, martins, Enrique, cacapa, xisco

I would personally be quite pissed off if Guthrie makes way and Butt retains his place.

I haven't seen anything from Guthrie to suggest he offers the side the defensive cover that Butt does or better positive passing then Geremi does.

Not quite sure what Keegan saw in Guthrie personally wouldn't have him anywhere near the side.

I would personally be quite pissed off if Guthrie makes way and Butt retains his place.

I haven't seen anything from Guthrie to suggest he offers the side the defensive cover that Butt does or better positive passing then Geremi does.

Not quite sure what Keegan saw in Guthrie personally wouldn't have him anywhere near the side.

Wow, I couldnt disagree with this more.

Given

Beye      Taylor      Coloccini      N'Zogbia

Geremi        Butt        Guthrie        Duff

Ameobi      Martins

BENCH: Harper, Edgar, Cacapa, Bassong, Enrique, Gutierrez, Xisco.

That's what I reckon looks most likely after watching Kinnear's interview on NUFC.co.uk (done yesterday). Robinho struggling with an injury too, apparently.

Looking at it again I wouldn't be too upset if that was the team. Geremi deserves to keep his place on merit I think, as he's been our most creative midfielder for a good while now. The major worry is N'Zogbia at left-back against SWP, if it were to happen, as I'd like to see Bassong given a run-out there. He seems athletic enough to deal with SWP's pace and he's far better defensively anyway.

However, because we're at home and because Kinnear may see Zog as more of an "attacking option" there, I could see him getting the nod. Especially after he's just been playing LB for France U21's last night. I think Butt and Guthrie pick themselves in the centre at the minute, although I do see the numerous faults with the combination, and I cannot see Duff getting dropped after his goal against Everton.

With Owen out, they may push Martins to start (Kinnear reckons he's the closest to starting out of him, Beye and Gutierrez even though Beye looks fit enough too) alongside Shola, with Xisco appearing later if Ameobi is shite again. By the sound of it, Jonas isn't going to be fit enough to start and he may be kept to a bench role with one eye on the Mackems. If Oba isn't fit enough, then I suppose it'll be Duff/Shola up front, with N'Zogbia pushing up and Bassong/Enrique slotting in at LB.

Was just saying to my Dad last night that I was optimistic about our chances with some of our better players coming back from injury... then joked that Owen was due to get crocked and that it would probably happen to compensate for our good fortune, fucking gutted that he could be crocked again. It's typical.

Given

Beye      Taylor      Coloccini      Bassong

Geremi        Butt        Guthrie        N^Zogbia

Duff      Martins

BENCH: Harper, Edgar, Cacapa, Ameobi/Ranger, Enrique, Gutierrez, Xisco.

Well, thats my team....

I would Give Enrique and Xisco a 30 minute run out as well! somewhat like this after 60 minutes?

Given

Taylor      Bassong      Coloccini      Enrique

Duff       Butt        Guthrie        N^Zogbia

Xisco      Martins

all depending on the Fitness of Beye and Enrique (dont bother to mention Gerimi, as his legs are usually gone at the 60 minute mark :crazy2:),

i felt Taylor was a fresh face coming forward (as he usually is when playing RB)

Soooo... Trying out Bassong at CD for 30 minutes wouldnt be a very bad idea (i think)...  ;D

Geremi deserves to keep his place on merit I think, as he's been our most creative midfielder for a good while now.

How depressing is that.

I know what you mean, but once Jonas is fully fit and Barton returns from suspension that should no longer be the case.