Tony Jimenez leaves the club

geordie2000

One down...

care to tell us what he done wrong ?

Care to tell me what he done right?

i've no idea.neither have you . why do you seem so happy for him to go when you have as much evidence he was doing well as poorly.

Well we don't know the actions the Jimenez personally took. But we do know that the results of the recruitment team over recent months have been pretty good. Other people have already listed some good young players we managed to get in for not a lot of money.

My knowledge of the back room staff isn't as in depth as some one here, but I was under the impression that Jiminez was one of the few that has actually done a decent job?

I'm of the assumption that he was the one that has found the likes of Jonas and Bassong along with the youngsters. I thought it was Wise that undermined Keegan's position.

Doing a good job, which it certainly seemed he was doing, was never going to be enough round here.

To the baying mob being an Ashley appointment and not living in Newcastle was enough to want him hounded out.

Sad.

Guest Mucky01

strange he walked as no compensation required, unless he’s got dignity!?

No idea here if he was good at his job or whether he’s responsible for the club imploding.

One down...

i've no idea.neither have you . why do you seem so happy for him to go when you have as much evidence he was doing well as poorly.

Well we don't know the actions the Jimenez personally took. But we do know that the results of the recruitment team over recent months have been pretty good. Other people have already listed some good young players we managed to get in for not a lot of money.

Good young players, but no first team squad

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Is anyone seriously going to shed a tear he's gone? He was gone as soon as the club is sold anyway.

My knowledge of the back room staff isn't as in depth as some one here, but I was under the impression that Jiminez was one of the few that has actually done a decent job?

I'm of the assumption that he was the one that has found the likes of Jonas and Bassong along with the youngsters. I thought it was Wise that undermined Keegan's position.

Not sure how everyone is getting this so wrong, Jimenez doesn't find players, he's just a negotiator/deal maker.  Vetere is the person with the knowledge of players, he's the man who identified the likes of Bassong, Jimenez's job would simply be to try to make the deal happen.  Wether he's done a good job or not I'm not so sure, we missed out on quite a few players and ended up short in a lot of positions.  That probably wasn't all his fault as he doesn't make the final decision on who to sign (that would be Wise it seems), but I certainly wouldn't say there's much evidence that he's done a good job so I'm not sad to see him go.

Not sure how everyone is getting this so wrong, Jimenez doesn't find players, he's just a negotiator/deal maker.  Vetere is the person with the knowledge of players, he's the man who identified the likes of Bassong, Jimenez's job would simply be to try to make the deal happen.  Wether he's done a good job or not I'm not so sure, we missed out on quite a few players and ended up short in a lot of positions.  Wether that was his fault or Wise's or even someone elses who knows, but I certainly wouldn't say there's much evidence that he's done a good job so I'm not sad to see him go.

You almost dared to say "Keegan" there. ;D

Not sure how everyone is getting this so wrong, Jimenez doesn't find players, he's just a negotiator/deal maker.  Vetere is the person with the knowledge of players, he's the man who identified the likes of Bassong, Jimenez's job would simply be to try to make the deal happen.  Wether he's done a good job or not I'm not so sure, we missed out on quite a few players and ended up short in a lot of positions.  Wether that was his fault or Wise's or even someone elses who knows, but I certainly wouldn't say there's much evidence that he's done a good job so I'm not sad to see him go.

You almost dared to say "Keegan" there. ;D

Nah it was Ashkey who was on the tip of my tongue there not Keegan.

Guest Darth Toon

Truth is it's difficult to pass comment on how well or otherwise he performed given how no-one actually knows what his role was.

Quite surprised he's gone now though - I had just assumed they would all stick around and wait for their pay-off. Hopefully Dennis will follow his lead (and before anyone asks what Wise has done wrong, I don't know that either - I just don't like the cunt)

Guest Chubby Jason

Wasn't he Vice-President of player recruitment or something? If so how can anyone defend him? If you're responsible for bring players in, then signing one or two decent ones isn't enough. We needed a squad capable of challenging for a top-6 spot, how could we do that with the unbalanced, tiny squad we have now?

Good riddance to him, along with Wise and whoever else was in charge of bringing in players this last window.

Surely after everything thats happened, it is best for everyone involved in the current set up to move on and for a line to be drawn under their time here.

Wish him well for the future but him leaving was always going to happen

Wasn't he Vice-President of player recruitment or something? If so how can anyone defend him? If you're responsible for bring players in, then signing one or two decent ones isn't enough. We needed a squad capable of challenging for a top-6 spot, how could we do that with the unbalanced, tiny squad we have now?

Good riddance to him, along with Wise and whoever else was in charge of bringing in players this last window.

It's been niggling away at me for a few weeks but how do you know that Keegan didn't turn down every player they suggested and that's why we're short on numbers?

I'm not sticking up for Jimenez or otherwise, but no-one really knows the truth do they, apart from KK, Jimenez, Wise and Llambias?

Not sure how everyone is getting this so wrong, Jimenez doesn't find players, he's just a negotiator/deal maker.  Vetere is the person with the knowledge of players, he's the man who identified the likes of Bassong, Jimenez's job would simply be to try to make the deal happen.  Wether he's done a good job or not I'm not so sure, we missed out on quite a few players and ended up short in a lot of positions.  That probably wasn't all his fault as he doesn't make the final decision on who to sign (that would be Wise it seems), but I certainly wouldn't say there's much evidence that he's done a good job so I'm not sad to see him go.

;D It's hilarious isn't it. All the pro-Ashley, pro-system boys don't even know who does what in this great system.

;D It's hilarious isn't it. All the pro-Ashley, pro-system boys don't even know who does what in this great system.

And you don't really know who has done what, either.

One down...

Let's see now...he's a cockney, what else have we got to go on?