Tony Jimenez leaves the club

geordie2000

I know this won't be popular, but if I was to make a ranking of 'who is to blame' for this whole mess, Jimenez and Vetere would be right at the bottom.

Keegan and Ashley I couldn't choose between, and the fans would be nearer the top end of the table.

:celb:

What's to celebrate? ???

I'm delighted Jiminez has gone because he was part of a failed recruitment regime, Wise should have been sacked on September 2nd too. Really can't wait to see the back of him.

Be careful what you wish for. :undecided: You may have cause to look back in a few months and be thinking that Ashley's tenure here was a golden era of enlightenment and good management by comparison with what could be around the corner.

I'm with Platini on the state of English football - if we get sold to another foreign interest group that's another nail in the coffin of English football, never mind just NUFC.

Ah, but...let's celebrate it anyway, eh? :doh:

Never look back at the future.  :shifty:

Have I taught you nothing!?  :dave:

That would also apply to Keegan, wouldn't it?.

I know this won't be popular, but if I was to make a ranking of 'who is to blame' for this whole mess, Jimenez and Vetere would be right at the bottom.

Keegan and Ashley I couldn't choose between, and the fans would be nearer the top end of the table.

Indeed.

"Jimenezs decision comes after one of his best friends, city banker Frank McGarahan, was murdered in Norwich City centre last weekend, an incident which made nationwide headlines.

But I understand there has been no bust-up between Jimenez and United owner Mike Ashley, and that the former will be back in football in another capacity by early next week at the latest."

Oliver is great at that.  "I know, but I'm not telling you"

If he is working somewhere else next week he'll tell us about how he picked it today, if he isn't we'll never hear about it again.

That's about right.

Llambias needs to feature somwhere in there as well.

That's about right.

Llambias needs to feature somwhere in there as well.

I read that and just starting thinking: "Throw the Llambias down the well!" :blush:

Guest Heneage

What was Jimenez's great crime beyond not being named Kevin Keegan?  I must have missed it. 

Wise and Llambias I can understand getting some abuse but in all the chaos of the last month+ I don't recall seeing Jimenez's name pop up.

Nail on the head.

Who do the idiots found us our best signings of the summer? FFS man, Keegans way too loved in these parts.

What was Jimenez's great crime beyond not being named Kevin Keegan?  I must have missed it. 

Wise and Llambias I can understand getting some abuse but in all the chaos of the last month+ I don't recall seeing Jimenez's name pop up.

Jiminez was the cunt who released the Keegan wants 'Lampard, Ronaldinho......." shit. The southern based press where getting all their shit stirring stories directly off Jiminez.

I hope his car crashes on the A1.

I love the way nobody on here really has any idea of what he's done and there seems to be a massive swing of opinion of what Jimenez actually did at the club. The most embarrassing are those going "yey, anotha COCKNEEEE gone!" - get a grip.

Nail on the head.

Who do the idiots found us our best signings of the summer? FFS man, Keegans way too loved in these parts.

not jimenez, as he;s not a scout.

though since he was our head negiotiator he has to share a large portion of the blame for our poor transfer window. getting jonas cheaply and selling milner for a good price were successes but far short of what was needed. don't know if that's down to him or ashley for withholding funds.

I love the way nobody on here really has any idea of what he's done and there seems to be a massive swing of opinion of what Jimenez actually did at the club. The most embarrassing are those going "yey, anotha COCKNEEEE gone!" - get a grip.

We do know what he did, for the last time he was there as a negotiator to complete transfers.

Guest Chubby Jason

The level of smugness from pro-Ashley folk on here is rather sickening. I really don't think anyone that's glad to see Jiminez gone could give a fuck about that region of England he's from.

I'm glad he's gone because he was a big player in a selection of people in charge of player recruitment that failed miserably and left us with a poor squad that we are not stuck with until January at least. How difficult is that to understand?

So which players did he meet - how many were convinced by something he had to say, and how many decided not to sign for us because of what he said? Did he recommend any players, did his direct influence lead to us signing any of the current squad or not signing any players in particular?

He got us £12m for Milner when even KK only valued him at £7-8m. Was he involved in getting us £8m for Dyer when people here were screaming we should get rid for £2m?

He will be a big loss IMO. Cockney cunt that he is of course.

Guest Mucky01

an indication that the sale is imminent if Ashley is letting his precious team break up?

My thoughts precisely.

Yup. It's probably the most significant bit of news since Ashley's statement announcing that he'd be selling the club.

especially as Jimenez was involved in trying to sell the club initially.

So which players did he meet - how many were convinced by something he had to say, and how many decided not to sign for us because of what he said? Did he recommend any players, did his direct influence lead to us signing any of the current squad or not signing any players in particular?

But nobody's claiming they know exactly what he did on a case by case basis are they?  I assumed you must have meant the opinion on his general duties at the club.  With some claiming he spotted players, when in fact his job was to complete transfers.

Guest Heneage

Nail on the head.

not jimenez, as he;s not a scout.

though since he was our head negiotiator he has to share a large portion of the blame for our poor transfer window. getting jonas cheaply and selling milner for a good price were successes but far short of what was needed. don't know if that's down to him or ashley for withholding funds.

Remind me then why we are rejoicing at this?

Guest Chubby Jason

He was an integeral part of a recruitment team that fell flat on its face. Who knows about individual cases? That's not the point. Who is resposible if the "vice-president" is not?

Nail on the head.

Coloccini was hardly a "find". I'm not saying he's shite, just that he was already well known and often linked with a move to England.

Jonas could be a decent legacy of Jimenez, but one decent find doesn't make the guy a transfer guru.