England vs Kaz...Ka... Borat's Boys.

Neil

I don't think i've ever failed to 'get' an England manager like i do with Capello. I honestly just don't have a clue what he's doing, really. Not necassarily writing him off, i just don't understand how he's trying to play us. It's probably partly due to my total lack of interest, but just how the hell actually are we playing? Apart from 'negatively'.

:dontknow:

Bored.

A goal from a set peice what a suprise

See when other countries play teams like Borat they get so much time and possesion they play them off the park, with us that's where the problem starts

Guest Heneage

Well Defoes  goal clearly proves hes England quality, Owen should never start another game, he only gets braces against Argentina haha a minnows striker!

I'd play SWP instead of Walcott. We've been reading too much into that hat trick against Croatia. Walcott loses the ball quite a lot, and in SWP we've got a very good alternative.

And Owen's an irrelevance at the moment. The problem isn't the strikeforce.

Crap performance despite the flattering scoreline. Looked totally clueless for the first hour.

Can't understand Capello totally changing the side that put in the best England team performance for years vs Croatia just to accommodate Gerrard. All it proved is what everybody knew years ago- him and Lampard can not play together.

Why is that so hard to accept? I thought Capello was supposed to be some disciplinarian with balls of steel but he hasn't even got the bottle to drop Gerrard. Or Lampard, either way is fine.

Also, can anyone explain to me since when Matthew Upson was anything other than average? It's a bit embarrassing having him starting games for England.

And what is the point in giving Beckham playing time? Hardly long term planning is it? Just give Ashley Young the chance he's deserved for the past year you fucking nutter.

Walcott is really pointless in a home game out wide, away from home its not so bad as there's space to exploit but he can't cross for shit. Much rather have SWP out there now he actually plays club football. Beckham can just be trotted out to play 20 minutes if it's necessary. What happened to our abundance of centre halves? Upson or Lescott and Upson gets in.....right. It's about time someone got some balls and dropped Lampard or Gerrard, don't care if it's alongside Barry or Hargreaves but pick them on form for fuck sake. And on this form, it's Lampard.

Entertaining second half but England were naff, aside from the scoreline. Kazakhstan defended no better than a pub team towards the end but it was fun to watch, which is a nice change.

I still don't agree with whatever system it is that Capello is enforcing, i'd still play Owen behind Rooney with two proper wingers. Probably Ashley Young and Shaun Wright-Phillips; pace, supply, goals. I like Walcott but as Bob's been saying, he gives the ball away a lot and can't cross for shite. And like Duff11 said, if we're gonna play him then stick him down the middle off a striker. It's obvious that the proper 4-4-2 is the way to go, 9 goals in our last two matches with that formation.

I really see no place for Heskey. I can understand, i suppose, why he is in the team - to hold up the ball in the final third with Gerrard and Lampard rushing on. But Gerrard and Lampard don't do that, A because they get in each others way and B, well the two of them simply have no cohesion together as we learnt the other day (Euro2004). Thought Heskey was garbage personally. Get Owen back in ffs, mental that he's not playing. We could have potentially knocked two or three more past them with a proper finisher on the pitch.

Encouraging i suppose but these guys were an absolutely woeful outfit, got to be said.

Glad we won but that was boring, relied 4 goals from set pieces. Only got in behind them once, get fuckin Heskey, Walcott and Lampard out the team. In this system Lampard is fucking crap as teams play men behind the ball and he simply isn't the right sort of player for give and go football required to get in behind shit teams that play 10 behind the ball. Defoe is should play on Wednesday for me, not a kneejerk due to his goal but they will no doubt try to defend with 10 and he is the type who can recieve it into feet turn and crack a shot off quickly which is what is required.

Glad we won but that was boring, relied 4 goals from set pieces. Only got in behind them once, get fuckin Heskey, Walcott and Lampard out the team. In this system Lampard is f***ing crap as teams play men behind the ball and he simply isn't the right sort of player for give and go football required to get in behind s*** teams that play 10 behind the ball. Defoe is should play on Wednesday for me, not a kneejerk due to his goal but they will no doubt try to defend with 10 and he is the type who can recieve it into feet turn and crack a shot off quickly which is what is required.

Lampard and Heskey were the best players tonight to be fair

Glad we won but that was boring, relied 4 goals from set pieces. Only got in behind them once, get fuckin Heskey, Walcott and Lampard out the team. In this system Lampard is f***ing crap as teams play men behind the ball and he simply isn't the right sort of player for give and go football required to get in behind s*** teams that play 10 behind the ball. Defoe is should play on Wednesday for me, not a kneejerk due to his goal but they will no doubt try to defend with 10 and he is the type who can recieve it into feet turn and crack a shot off quickly which is what is required.

Lampard and Heskey were the best players tonight to be fair

No they weren't.

This is fun. :razz: