Stan Collymores defence of Ashley Cole on the Radio

Doug

Guest Stephen927

For those who say we should drop him, who exactly do we replace him with? Wayne Bridge who has played 2 games this season?

He made one mistake and was punished for it. He's usually solid for England.

Thoroughly enjoyed his booing, his a massive dickhead, always has been, does not deserve the lifestyle he leads. Normally against booing your own players but I don't like him representing my country as he's such a ginormous arsehole. What a pass though...

It came over as patently obvious in his replies last night that Stan has no comprehension of how low an opinion the man in the street has of people like Cole who revel in the selfish playboy lifestyle they lead without a care in the world or any respect for the rest of us.

I believe the inequalities in society are going to have to change in the hard times ahead. I can think of no better place than starting with the unsustainable excesses of footballer renumeration and talkshow hosts who have the priviledge of using the airways in our homes to thrus their opinions onto us. I am afraid I had to turn Stan off last night as an opportunity to boo Ashley Cole would be too good too miss for me. I understand the team motivation argument but there is a bigger context to set the treatment of Cole into for me. Cole would do well to analise this and have a good look at himself as a result. A retrostpective reflection of times past would not go amiss for Stan either to understand why the public may react the way we do.

if anybody should be booed, and not allowed near the radio or TV, its Collymore. Good player he may have been, but its irrelevant now.

Collymore doesnt half shout on the radio. Dont think he has worked out how a microphone works yet

I want to use "accent" and "brain injury" in a sentence about Collymore, but I'm scared the forums racism police will turn up.

He hit Ulrika Johnson when he was going out with her and is known to be partial to the art of dogging. although this could in all probability be tabloid junk so shame on me for mentioning it.

While most footballers use their autobiographies to talk about their success, Stan Collymore used Tackling My Demons to show the notches on his bed post. TV presenters Ulrika Jonsson and Davina McCall both rated a mention, as did DJ Sara Cox and model Sophie Dahl. But it was another television presenter, Kirsty Gallacher, who commanded special attention: 'She did things with chocolate fingers that have stopped me looking at them in the same way since,' he wrote. Gallacher strongly denied this, but then Collymore is alleged to have bragged about the affair to former Bath team-mates of her new beau, rugby player Paul Sampson, in a bar in Dublin. Although Stan spent the next day in hospital with a broken nose and bruised ribs, no charges were ever brought following the fracas between him and the Bath team.

While most footballers use their autobiographies to talk about their success, Stan Collymore used Tackling My Demons to show the notches on his bed post. TV presenters Ulrika Jonsson and Davina McCall both rated a mention, as did DJ Sara Cox and model Sophie Dahl. But it was another television presenter, Kirsty Gallacher, who commanded special attention: 'She did things with chocolate fingers that have stopped me looking at them in the same way since,' he wrote. Gallacher strongly denied this, but then Collymore is alleged to have bragged about the affair to former Bath team-mates of her new beau, rugby player Paul Sampson, in a bar in Dublin. Although Stan spent the next day in hospital with a broken nose and bruised ribs, no charges were ever brought following the fracas between him and the Bath team.

He sounds like a good match for Ashley Cole, no wonder he stuck up for him so forcefully

http://thebosh.com/upload/2008/04/21/cheryl_cole_plotting_a_solo_career/Cheryl-Cole.jpg

:angry:

I watched that  x factor s*** this morning.....it some how is much better this year.Wonder why? :smitten:

She's not bad, but she needs a good dinner inside of her! I've seen more meat on a flea's arse.

http://thebosh.com/upload/2008/04/21/cheryl_cole_plotting_a_solo_career/Cheryl-Cole.jpg

:angry:

I watched that  x factor s*** this morning.....it some how is much better this year.Wonder why? :smitten:

She's not bad, but she needs a good dinner inside of her! I've seen more meat on a flea's arse.

SHES NOT BAD!Your fucking crazy man  :laugh2:

Theres only one thing I want inside her.....I leave that to your imagination,all Im telling ya ,it rhymes with Billy

There's no reason to boo one of your own players, it's idiotic. I'm not a massive fan of Cole as a person but anyone who booed him should be ashamed of themselves.

I've no idea what motivated it either, to be honest. Yes, he's annoying, but there's been plenty of England players who fit that description. Was it for the actual mistake or because of his personality off the pitch?

Guest elbee909

I think booing will always be more likely to happen now, mostly because the England team doesn't seem to be populated by 'England players'.  It's those who are perceived to care more about their clubs/themselves than playing for England.  And the amount of tabloid trash that goes around about someone, is proportional to the stick they'll get. 

Everybody hates Ashley.

Just after the stuff in the press about him being gay or whatever it was, we played Chelsea at their place. There were 4 lads in the row in front (london accents, not toon fans) who had come to our match specifically to abuse Cole. The stewards that night were all over any bad behaviour and they got told to shut up eventually but their ditty was quite amusing.

"3 men went to bed, went to bed with Ashley, 3 men, 2 men, 1 man and his mobile phone, went to bed with Ashley" etc.

Guest helios_centric

I wish Bridge would move to another club and be able to push Cole out of the England team.  I wouldn't have booed Cole, but I was cursing the little shit on TV - nowhere near as good as he thinks he is and it was no surprise he was booed.

Guest helios_centric

I completely agree - where is Bridge's ambition? Why sit on a bench? Players need to understand that you only get one career and it soon passes them by.