The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Look on the bright side, no signings = 24 hours until kinear walks?

The bright side is if Nolan is an example of Kinnear's sort of player we are better off without any more signings.

Just because the papers link the likes of veloso with us and bolton it doesn't actually make it true you know.

Either way i love deadline day, especially that transfer watch thing on the BBC.

Haha, you can totally tell that you love transfer deadline day, just by the amount of times youve posted in here.

;D

Usually quiet from us like.

rumor on Fox Soccer Channel here in the US that there's a chance Owen going to the MLS to replace beckham. They don't tend to talk too much out of their ass and tend to mention only realistic rumors, but they did state that it's only a whisper of a possibility at the moment, nothing more yet.

rumor on Fox Soccer Channel here in the US that there's a chance Owen going to the MLS to replace beckham. They don't tend to talk too much out of their ass and tend to mention only realistic rumors, but they did state that it's only a whisper of a possibility at the moment, nothing more yet.

He 100% won't go to LA, it's silly to even entertain the thought. He'll be out of the England picture then, and England's Michael Owen won't want that.

Does the two in include Taylor I wonder? We pretty much know he'll be joining us considering he was in the tunnel wearing Newcastle training kit.

It was denied by Owen last week.

Does the two in include Taylor I wonder? We pretty much know he'll be joining us considering he was in the tunnel wearing Newcastle training kit.

It was denied by Owen last week.

Well, you're probably right. The rumor was mentioned by Warren Barton, so either he's very behind/out of the loop on his rumors, or he's just throwing flames on the fire to get some rumors with "big names" that US fans would recognize.

It's not actually been confirmed though has it, could well be one of the deals he's talking about!!

May have already been posted:

Kinnear said: 'I have spent most of the last two days trying to get finance and players.

'I will start working on finances and players now right up until midnight and then tomorrow.

Fingers crossed we can get all four deals done

'I tried for one centre-half, but got knocked back. Liverpool weren't prepared to let Hyypia out.

'I want to get somebody with experience because of the position we are in. We have a very young back four and I just want somebody who is a good organiser.'

Owner Mike Ashley attended his first game at St James' since Kevin Keegan's departure in September.

Kinnear later admitted he cannot wait for a difficult season to draw to a close as a tense relegation battle unfolds.

He said: 'I want to get 16, 17 (more) points, forget about this season and start looking for next season with a different attitude and a different team.

'This has been a struggle from day one since I walked in here. We have been torn to shreds with turmoil, injuries - we have had the lot.'

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/0201/kinnear.html