The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Guest firetotheworks

Taylor > Duff

Nolan > Geremi

Could have been worse, could have been better.

is Taylor better than Duff on the wing? he certainly isn't better than N'zogbia. Horrible window yet again

Really..a player from Bolton and one from wigan?? Shows how low our expectations are..buying off clubs around us..

Yep should have signed Lampard and Ronaldo.

No one's asked for massive signings FFS

Just an improvement on our squad

I think we have done that.

we have. but most people made their minds up months ago that we havent.

In what way do you feel we've improved the squad?

given wanted out and handed in a transfer request. little we can do about that. harper is a more than adequate replacement and is free. £6 million up + big wages gone. just a loss/a draw at best.

n'zogbia WAS NEVER GOING TO PLAY FOR US AGAIN. lovenkrands WILL PLAY FOR US. £6 million up. win by default.

nolan is better than butt, smith, geremi and is far more reliable than barton. win.

taylor plays in many positions and is a decent squad player (squad depth innit). win.

overall, improvement. not a huge one but an improvement.

Fine, but are you asking why the bit in bold came to be?

he said he was happy and wanted to stay a few days before his solicitor started pimping him around to richer clubs in that statement. weird, eh?

You like ignoring things....like getting beat 5-1 in between those two occurrences. Weird, eh?

Taylor > Duff

Nolan > Geremi

is Taylor better than Duff on the wing? he certainly isn't better than N'zogbia. Horrible window yet again

Really..a player from Bolton and one from wigan?? Shows how low our expectations are..buying off clubs around us..

given wanted out and handed in a transfer request. little we can do about that. harper is a more than adequate replacement and is free. £6 million up + big wages gone. just a loss/a draw at best.

n'zogbia WAS NEVER GOING TO PLAY FOR US AGAIN. lovenkrands WILL PLAY FOR US. £6 million up. win by default.

nolan is better than butt, smith, geremi and is far more reliable than barton. win.

taylor plays in many positions and is a decent squad player (squad depth innit). win.

Every striker we have is carrying some kind of injury..

We only have two fit fullbacks ..... (I include Taylor in that)

We have very little creativity from the middle of the park.

There is no real pace in the team apart from Oba.

Too many injured players, 17 year old untried kids on the bench.

FFS man!

we arent man city. we have essentially zero money so we weren't going to hugely improve the way most expected/demanded.

But we did have money apparently two £8 mill bids knocked back.

But we fucked up so badly or intentionally that we didn't spend it. Hope we don't regret it come April

Guest The Libertine

Taylor > Duff

Nolan > Geremi

Every striker we have is carrying some kind of injury..

We only have two fit fullbacks ..... (I include Taylor in that)

We have very little creativity from the middle of the park.

There is no real pace in the team apart from Oba.

Too many injured players, 17 year old untried kids on the bench.

FFS man!

we arent man city. we have essentially zero money so we weren't going to hugely improve the way most expected/demanded.

We are also not Darlington, our owner has got a few bob and I know he has put a lot of money into the club already, however when we go down........... he'll be wishing he'd spent in January.

he doesnt have as much money as you want him to have. i realise it was too late, but he did bid £16 million for 2 midfielders and we have been bidding for players throughout the window. how good kinnear is at "doing deals" should also be questioned.

1734: Robbie Keane has completed his move back to Spurs from Liverpool

1733: Sky Sports News are reporting that Arsenal and Zenit have failed to agree terms over Andrei Arshavin's potential move to the Premier League

I can't say I have saw Lovenkrands that much, from the brief appearances against City and Sunderland he looks like he has pace to burn and offers versatitlity in the attacking positions. Although I don't think that much of Nolan I thought he did well against Sunderland, but also offered us an attacking threat from midfield. I lost count of how many times he ran into the box, whereas we were missing that with Guthrie and Butt. Taylor has scored a few times against us, but thats the only reason I know of him. I can't say I know much about his overall game.

Losing Given is a blow, although potential masterstoke if Krul can live up to his hype and we do have Harper to cover the goalkeeping position. N'Zogbia is a decent player, but the wrong attitude and to get £6m for him is a good deal. If we can manage to stay up this season we could have a massive summer window.

Just in and there is no way I am reading through about 50 pages. What was the Martin's Bent swap rumour all about?

SSN claimed it.

NUFC denied it.

One reason I know it's bollocks: Do you honestly think Ashley would pay what Bent would demand, seeing what he is currently on?

He's cost cutting. More to go in the summer.

No doubt if Ashley had sanctioned a huge bid for Johnson and got him, he'd have been criticised for 'panic-buying' and throwing away the cash recklessly.  :lol:

I highly doubt that.

Exactly, we would have added a talented, young midfielder to our squad which would have seen us improve no end. I think the real damage that has been done in this window is in terms of morale. Even one more player, in a position that we needed bodies i.e. CM, would have done the world of good to morale around the place and may have given players and fans that extra impetus needed for forthcoming games.

With the situation as it is, we better start getting some form together and start praying!

Guest The Libertine

Taylor > Duff

Nolan > Geremi

Fine, but are you asking why the bit in bold came to be?

he said he was happy and wanted to stay a few days before his solicitor started pimping him around to richer clubs in that statement. weird, eh?

You like ignoring things....like getting beat 5-1 in between those two occurrences. Weird, eh?

1 game made him completely change his mindset? after all those other games we've lost by 5 and 6's?

last chance for a payday more like.

Do people not remember the time where Ashley said he wouldn't fund the club anymore after the protests? What exactly do you think has changed.

If we've sold players for a profit, it's to pay the other useless wankers at the club who are bleeding it dry.

How about the manager saying he had £10m to spend plus whatever he brought in.  I make that about £22m minimum.  What did we spend? £6.5m.  We were in the shit before january and we still are in Feb.  Looking fwd to Fat Mikes update though.

Ashley's really playing with fire now! He did make profit but now we're in real danger of relegation and the club's value will be halved if we go to the Championship and in that case it's impossible for him to sell...

Complete bs yet again

Why are there always monkeys who will defend every single thing that takes place regardless of how incredibly ludicrous it is. Just so they can wank overthemselves in self satisfaction about how "sensible" they are compared to everyone else. Jog ON

They have had the entire season with this brilliant new scouting system they created, a big reason Keegan was unhappy.

And after all this time they've come up with 1 free signing and sweet FA

We only achieved Nolan & Taylor because on thu we phoned around clubs to see if they have any players available.

It is quite a spectacular failure.

Once again proves how pointless this whole set up has been from the start. Regardless of what you want to say about Ashley financially (he's taken a big risk not investing more) he has quite clearly completely cocked up everything else at Newcastle.

What a bunch of f***ing morons. We haven't a clue what bids we made, who we held talks with, who we may still be holding talks with and yet people still pour themselves over these media sites expecting the God's honest truth. Selective reading at its very best my friends.

For all we know we're still working on deals behind the scenes, we might not, we haven't a f***ing clue. Look at the summer for an indication of how unpredictable we are in the market.

Indeed, we can only go on the tangibles - tangibles you are blind to. Shy of an unlikely surprise, they are bad - Ashley's organisation has, at best, failed to achieve necessary successes. At worst, they didn't attempt to achieve them.

But at the end of the day if we haven't strengthened the team any further, it's a bit like yesterdays result. It doesn't put us any closer to the drop but it doesn't really help either. We are still well capable of staying up, it isn't the end of the world man.

You seem to think we are operating in a sealed environment. We are not. Yesterday's result was us failing to win a relegation six-pointer at home. Those are the matches that must be won to stay up. Any assumption to the contrary takes it as true that we're as likely to draw against Man United, Liverpool (1-5) et al at home. In case you forgot through lack of interest, Sunderland won the converse fixture - a direct relegation rival of ours now holds a two point advantage over us.

We don't have a lot to go off but a few sources corroborated we made an eleventh hour bid for Johnson. If this was indeed the case why was it so late? Were bids elsewhere rejected? Did talks break down? If so why did they break down? It isn't as simple as saying Ashley failed, we are only getting a key whole view of the full picture, until we know the reasons behind the lack of activity it's difficult to hold the recruitment team accountable. All that can be said is this is a disappointing transfer window due to a lack of personnel being recruited.

Regarding your second point in an ideal world it is a game we needed to win. However you've got to take into account injuries, the fact it was a derby and Kinnear's general failings as a manger. The worrying thing is in the short term two of these things are unlikely to change. However in the long term we still have several opposition relegation rivals to play, should things pick up by then and given we pick up the off point from teams above us we should survive. A good transfer window would have helped in the short term but at the end of the day this squad is good enough to stay in the Premier League, we just need to drop this attitude of feeling sorry for ourselves.

Guest firetotheworks

Waiting for the final word from the club.

Until then ...  :harry:

:lol:

They blatantly had 4 players signed just 2 hours ago?

Just ignore him, does this every window; an absolute joke of a human being.

Now now, thats a bit OTT and nasty.

Guest kingdawson

Waiting for the final word from the club.

Until then ...  :harry:

:lol:

They blatantly had 4 players signed just 2 hours ago?

Just ignore him, does this every window; an absolute joke of a human being.

:lol: :lol:

Guest LucasUnger

1738: Manchester City are reported to have rejected an £8m approach from Newcastle for young midfielder Michael Johnson, who hasn't played for Mark Hughes' team since November.