The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

1745: "We don't want to sell our young players," a Man City spokesperson told BBC Sport a few moments ago when asked about Michael Johnson. Also, we can confirm that there was no movement whatsoever between Man City and Blackburn over a potential deal for Roque Santa Cruz today. The last contact those clubs had over the striker was last week.

You don't want to sell your young players, you just want them to rot on the bench so that no one else can have them. Cocks.

ok Kinnear said that he was almost certain he would get 2 more players in today plus taylor. And he said the shit about the two loan players whose fees had been agreed. And shit about an approach for Barry Ferguson. So is he just making all of this up to placate people or what?

Maybe they just didn't come off as planned?

A bit like when we were quoted £10m for "the next Viera" M'Bia then offered £4m. Funny how deals like that don't usually come off.

Taylor > Duff

Nolan > Geremi

Could have been worse, could have been better.

is Taylor better than Duff on the wing? he certainly isn't better than N'zogbia. Horrible window yet again

Really..a player from Bolton and one from wigan?? Shows how low our expectations are..buying off clubs around us..

Yep should have signed Lampard and Ronaldo.

No one's asked for massive signings FFS

Just an improvement on our squad

I think we have done that.

we have. but most people made their minds up months ago that we havent.

In what way do you feel we've improved the squad?

given wanted out and handed in a transfer request. little we can do about that. harper is a more than adequate replacement and is free. £6 million up + big wages gone. just a loss/a draw at best.

n'zogbia WAS NEVER GOING TO PLAY FOR US AGAIN. lovenkrands WILL PLAY FOR US. £6 million up. win by default.

nolan is better than butt, smith, geremi and is far more reliable than barton. win.

taylor plays in many positions and is a decent squad player (squad depth innit). win.

overall, improvement. not a huge one but an improvement.

Every striker we have is carrying some kind of injury..

We only have two fit fullbacks ..... (I include Taylor in that)

We have very little creativity from the middle of the park.

There is no real pace in the team apart from Oba.

Too many injured players, 17 year old untried kids on the bench.

FFS man!

we arent man city. we have essentially zero money so we weren't going to hugely improve the way most expected/demanded.

We are also not Darlington, our owner has got a few bob and I know he has put a lot of money into the club already, however when we go down........... he'll be wishing he'd spent in January.

he doesnt have as much money as you want him to have. i realise it was too late, but he did bid £16 million for 2 midfielders and we have been bidding for players throughout the window. how good kinnear is at "doing deals" should also be questioned.

If we'd really been bidding for players all month (which I seriously doubt) we should have done better in the window and Ashley appointed Kinnear, (which imo was also a mistake). I'm afraid the buck stops with MA, who are you, his Dad?

yes, the buck stops with him to a point. he's clearly given kinnear money but he hasnt spent it well (nolan seems fairly kneejerk and taylor was exchanged).

I think the point is, he hasn't spent it at all. I suspect MA was in control of all things financial this month.

Guest The Libertine

Taylor > Duff

Nolan > Geremi

is Taylor better than Duff on the wing? he certainly isn't better than N'zogbia. Horrible window yet again

Really..a player from Bolton and one from wigan?? Shows how low our expectations are..buying off clubs around us..

given wanted out and handed in a transfer request. little we can do about that. harper is a more than adequate replacement and is free. £6 million up + big wages gone. just a loss/a draw at best.

n'zogbia WAS NEVER GOING TO PLAY FOR US AGAIN. lovenkrands WILL PLAY FOR US. £6 million up. win by default.

nolan is better than butt, smith, geremi and is far more reliable than barton. win.

taylor plays in many positions and is a decent squad player (squad depth innit). win.

FFS man!

we arent man city. we have essentially zero money so we weren't going to hugely improve the way most expected/demanded.

But we did have money apparently two £8 mill bids knocked back.

But we fucked up so badly or intentionally that we didn't spend it. Hope we don't regret it come April

if the money was there then surely kinnear should be getting it in the neck? he's been banging on about wanting money and his bidding for players for weeks.

No fan of Kinnear but to believe he is in charge of deals with the present structure at the club is cloud cuckoo land.

i think he is because (im fairly certain that) if he wasnt, we'd have done a bit better.

Guest firetotheworks

For the record this isn't defending the club, this window has been a disappointment, we needed more bodies but the business we have done hasn't been two bad.

You can criticise the sales of Zoggy and Shay all you want but at the end of the day they wanted to leave, we cannot afford to carry passengers in the current situation.

Nolan is average, but he's a body while I think Lovenkrands and Taylor will come in handy during the current injury crisis. It's key to remember we have players returning from injury as well.

Has to be said though I do agree with the whole if we wanted Johnson why didn't we use him as a bargaining chip school of thought.

Completely ignored why they wanted to leave.

Given because he's sick of the club consistently being mired in the s*** and N'Zogbia because he spat his dummy out when our manager mispronounced his name?

Exactly. Although Nzogbias reason was pathetic they still both wanted to leave because of push factors rather than pull factors. Im fucked off because if we were being run properly then they wouldnt have left we could have been up 3 players, rather than up just 1.

Guest ObaStar

Wish they would have at least given us johnson till the end of the season and then he might have wanted to stay ala Milner at villa

Taylor > Duff

Nolan > Geremi

FFS man!

We are also not Darlington, our owner has got a few bob and I know he has put a lot of money into the club already, however when we go down........... he'll be wishing he'd spent in January.

he doesnt have as much money as you want him to have. i realise it was too late, but he did bid £16 million for 2 midfielders and we have been bidding for players throughout the window. how good kinnear is at "doing deals" should also be questioned.

If we'd really been bidding for players all month (which I seriously doubt) we should have done better in the window and Ashley appointed Kinnear, (which imo was also a mistake). I'm afraid the buck stops with MA, who are you, his Dad?

yes, the buck stops with him to a point. he's clearly given kinnear money but he hasnt spent it well (nolan seems fairly kneejerk and taylor was exchanged).

Astonished that someone still believes that Kinnear has anything whatsoever to do with player transfers tbh.

Lads, howay, there'd be ITK stuff filtering out by now if there was any deal we'd been working on. Thats it.

No more business until the summer, when we'll know if we're in the championship or the premier league..

What a bunch of f***ing morons. We haven't a clue what bids we made, who we held talks with, who we may still be holding talks with and yet people still pour themselves over these media sites expecting the God's honest truth. Selective reading at its very best my friends.

For all we know we're still working on deals behind the scenes, we might not, we haven't a f***ing clue. Look at the summer for an indication of how unpredictable we are in the market.

Indeed, we can only go on the tangibles - tangibles you are blind to. Shy of an unlikely surprise, they are bad - Ashley's organisation has, at best, failed to achieve necessary successes. At worst, they didn't attempt to achieve them.

But at the end of the day if we haven't strengthened the team any further, it's a bit like yesterdays result. It doesn't put us any closer to the drop but it doesn't really help either. We are still well capable of staying up, it isn't the end of the world man.

You seem to think we are operating in a sealed environment. We are not. Yesterday's result was us failing to win a relegation six-pointer at home. Those are the matches that must be won to stay up. Any assumption to the contrary takes it as true that we're as likely to draw against Man United, Liverpool (1-5) et al at home. In case you forgot through lack of interest, Sunderland won the converse fixture - a direct relegation rival of ours now holds a two point advantage over us.

We don't have a lot to go off but a few sources corroborated we made an eleventh hour bid for Johnson. If this was indeed the case why was it so late? Were bids elsewhere rejected? Did talks break down? If so why did they break down? It isn't as simple as saying Ashley failed, we are only getting a key whole view of the full picture, until we know the reasons behind the lack of activity it's difficult to hold the recruitment team accountable. All that can be said is this is a disappointing transfer window due to a lack of personnel being recruited.

Regarding your second point in an ideal world it is a game we needed to win. However you've got to take into account injuries, the fact it was a derby and Kinnear's general failings as a manger. The worrying thing is in the short term two of these things are unlikely to change. However in the long term we still have several opposition relegation rivals to play, should things pick up by then and given we pick up the off point from teams above us we should survive. A good transfer window would have helped in the short term but at the end of the day this squad is good enough to stay in the Premier League, we just need to drop this attitude of feeling sorry for ourselves.

Do you think we simply possess extraordinarily bad fortune, then? Maybe Napoleon was right, then, preferring lucky Generals to good ones. This is as simple as saying Ashley failed. We can go over the reasons for why that failure took place, but it's definitely a failure. Why do these big bids keep going awry? Good question. We'll just have to go on what is demonstrated before us - Ashley's administration repeatedly fails to advance NUFC's fortunes and has us staring at the prospect of relegation. Re: bold, indeed - who's apparently offering him another 2 1/2 years in charge?

Guest The Libertine

Taylor > Duff

Nolan > Geremi

FFS man!

I think the point is, he hasn't spent it at all. I suspect MA was in control of all things financial this month.

he said himself he's been bidding £5 million for £15 million rated players. he could have been making these amateur mistakes all month.

(yes, i realise kinnear talks shit but i cant see why he'd lie and admit he's made a dick of himself in this way)

Wow, should i give it up now or wait till summer like i said i would?  :lol:

Fuck me, that was a poor window, just needed one big signing away i think.

One good signing would have done, like.

Guest ObaStar

I'd hate to be one of Ashley's kids at Xmas. He'd put your bike on ebay and get you a yo-yo and an orange.

"Sorry son, I went to get you an Xbox 360, but they'd ran out."

Hate to be Kinnears more, hed say well i can definitely get you a bike and i might be able to get u an x box. but if i cant get you the x box, you will get a bike. go to the store, offer 20 pounds for the both of them. Find a magazine in the rubbish on the way home, wrap it and say surprise son. transfer windows closed

Wise:  Dennis, sit tight lad.  We think we can push Kaka, Messi and Buffon through because of the weather.  We're waiting on word from FIFA.  It's looking good.

JFK:  Super!  That's awesome news Dennis!  Is the press conference set?

Wise: (giggles)

JFK:  Dennis?  What was that?  Seems we have a dodgy connection.

Wise:  Shit!  Joe, Derek is on with FIFA.  They're knocking all 3 deals back.  (giggles)

JFK: Fucking cunts!

Taylor > Duff

Nolan > Geremi

FFS man!

But we fucked up so badly or intentionally that we didn't spend it. Hope we don't regret it come April

if the money was there then surely kinnear should be getting it in the neck? he's been banging on about wanting money and his bidding for players for weeks.

No fan of Kinnear but to believe he is in charge of deals with the present structure at the club is cloud cuckoo land.

i think he is because (im fairly certain that) if he wasnt, we'd have done a bit better.

But we did exactly the same at last years window under Keegan.

Whose the commom link I wonder?

Taylor > Duff

Nolan > Geremi

FFS man!

But we f***ed up so badly or intentionally that we didn't spend it. Hope we don't regret it come April

What makes you so fairly certain of that?

Waiting for the final word from the club.

Until then ...  :harry:

:lol:

They blatantly had 4 players signed just 2 hours ago?

Just ignore him, does this every window; an absolute joke of a human being.

Now now, thats a bit OTT and nasty.

Seriously, the boy spouts so much shite its fucking coma-inducing. If i was to make a pile of all of his 'hunches' that never made it we'd all be weeping before a mountain of his own ignorance.

I imagine after he's finished frollicking in a meadow talking to fucking flowers, he'll be back here claiming that the 16 million not spent is going into the kitty to fund a 25 million pound summer swoop for quaresma.

Honestly he's a loon, an absolute clown, and probably types with his tongue to impress his carer.

Guest The Libertine

Taylor > Duff

Nolan > Geremi

FFS man!

But we did exactly the same at last years window under Keegan.

Whose the commom link I wonder?

keegan said he was happy with the squad at the end of the window. we cant argue with him.