The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Erik Huseklepp doesn't have a good goals to games ratio at 4 goals in 60 apps.

never heard of him though

He can only run, cant shoot and cant pass the ball. He was a winger, but played the second halv of the norwegian league as a striker. I dont think he would make it in the premiership, if he leaves norway and brann he will go to holland or france, some midtable/lowtable team.

If City were to offer Johnson and Onuoha for Given would people take it?

Yes, purely for the fact we need players in their positions and although we would probably get more by selling Given I wouldn't trust that the money would get put back into the squad.

I also think Harper is a good keeper.

Well if nothing else that's given a reason to watch the Edinburgh derby now on SS2.  Not a great game but Driver is doing ok.

Could steer Newcastle away from the bottom.

I'm so, so sorry.  :-[

Erik Huseklepp doesn't have a good goals to games ratio at 4 goals in 60 apps.

never heard of him though

As an attacking player, he's not unlike Jonas, with a poor goal and assist ratio, but with pace and an impressive ability to skip past opposition players -- but unlike Jonas, he doesn't track back and defend much (although he's been improving). Erik Huseklepp is only a pseudonym, though, his real name is Inconsistent: at his best, he can rip through teams like Deportivo La Coruna, at worst, his passing and crosses are like Geremi's set pieces yesterday. There's a chance he might succeed, but I think he's more likely to fail.

Riise on loan, Driver for 2m, Onouha and Johnson for Shay, along with a decent right and decent holder and the squad would start to look handy.

I would be tempted to swap Shay for Darren Bent. Apparently, they've trained all week with Defoe and Pavlychenko up top.

Riise on loan, Driver for 2m, Onouha and Johnson for Shay, along with a decent right and decent holder and the squad would start to look handy.

I would be tempted to swap Shay for Darren Bent. Apparently, they've trained all week with Defoe and Pavlychenko up top.

There both starting today, thought Bent was injured like.

If City were to offer Johnson and Onuoha for Given would people take it?

i would take their hand off personally.

shay wants out, harper is a good replacement, i have no faith we would spend the cash from the shay sale, we desperatley need players in the positions that johnson and onouha occupy.

Mendes has been by far the best rumour. For 1.5m he would be a bargain. What i would have done to have someone who can keep hold of the ball yesterday.

A few on here bemoaned our lack of interest in him when Portsmouth shipped him out. He's far too good to be playing in the Jock league.

There's the potential for a savvy manager with a decent-sized transfer budget to go out there and get a good young core of English players for a reasonable price right now.

Pick up the likes of Hart, Johnson, Onuoha, Sturridge from City,

Nab Bentley and Huddlestone from Spurs

Get Noble off West Ham, Mancienne from Chelsea...

All available for transfer and other than Bentley, all probably for less than 5m.

There's the potential for a savvy manager with a decent-sized transfer budget to go out there and get a good young core of English players for a reasonable price right now.

All available for transfer and other than Bentley, all probably for less than 5m.

Bentley is available for transfer and for around £5m? I can't believe Spurs have given up on him already.

How do you know there all available?

If you could swap Given for Johnson and Onouha, swap Zog for Huddlestone, and then get Driver in for 2m and Riise in on loan, you'd have done decent business.

I think a few swaps could be the way forward. No-one has any money, so its everyone is waiting for movement before letting anyone go. Trading players solves this problem.