The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

lads, we're NOT going to get Jo or Distin, lets be real here..

why not, man city are trying to get bellamy in, jo has hardly played, could easily get him on loan

Hardly a bad deal for city either.

He could come here and perform well, then they could sell him in the summer or keep him.

why not, man city are trying to get bellamy in, jo has hardly played, could easily get him on loan

He could come here and perform well, then they could sell him in the summer or keep him.

If NUFC manage to get him on loan, they must get a  buy-option in the summer if Mancity wants to get rid.

If NUFC manage to get him on loan, they must get a  buy-option in the summer if Mancity wants to get rid.

Rather get Elano on loan

Rather get Elano on loan

this

Now Oba's agent has been quoted on the Setanta website saying we would consider leaving if the right offer came.

Is there anyone who wants to stay ????

:angry:

Now Oba's agent has been quoted on the Setanta website saying we would consider leaving if the right offer came.

Is there anyone who wants to stay ????

:angry:

http://allafrica.com/stories/200901121417.html

Obafemi Martins' representative Dapo Kujore says the Nigerian would be open to offers to move away from Newcastle.

Kujore stirred up a storm in the north east of England last week when he slagged off Newcastle's medical staff for failing to diagnose the player's hernia problem, and now he has again told KickOffNigeria.com that his player would be happy to see the back of Tyneside.

"If an offer came for him (Oba), of course he would consider it," Kujore said. "But for now, he is a Newcastle player and he will give his best to the club as long as he is there."

Martins is due to have hernia surgery on Monday and Kujore said his client just wants to get himself fit and playing again.

"Right now he is focused on getting completely fit and back on the pitch again."

Rather get Elano on loan

this

Get them both on loan, with options to buy.

Rather get Elano on loan

this

Get them both on loan, with options to buy.

A Team of

Beye      Bassong    Distin    Jose

Colo

Jonas            Elano          Lovenkrands

Martins        Owen

Would do me until the Summer.

Shame it'll never happen like!

A Team of

Beye      Bassong    Distin     Jose

Colo

Jonas             Elano          Lovenkrands

Martins         Owen

Martins is always injured, we wouldn't get Elano on loan (Man City wouldnt let it happen), We don't have the money for Distin and Lovenkrands is probably shit.

Nothing like pessimism :thup:  :laugh:

A Team of

Beye      Bassong    Distin     Jose

Colo

Jonas             Elano          Lovenkrands

Martins         Owen

Martins is always injured, we wouldn't get Elano on loan (Man City wouldnt let it happen), We don't have the money for Distin and Lovenkrands is probably shit.

Nothing like pessimism :thup:  :laugh:

Well what little bubble I had left you've just burst!  :razz:

Paully wrote this on Skunkers earlier today:

Nicky Shorey

at the training ground apparently

Is this guy reliable?

I've always thought of him to be reliable like

Nicky Shorey

Is this guy reliable?

oh great.. Shorey is even worse than Riise.. I hope that at least we don't exchange him for N'Zogbia.. that'd be madness

Nicky Shorey

Is this guy reliable?

Writes for True Faith doesnt he? Always comes over as a nice lad when he posts on here.

Guest marky555

Nicky Shorey

Is this guy reliable?

oh great.. Shorey is even worse than Riise.. I hope that at least we don't exchange him for N'Zogbia.. that'd be madness

He's not like, Shorey is better than Riise. Riise was a great player in his day but has lost any quality he did have. He still likes to bomb on and unleash ridiculous shots, most of them ending up in Row Z.

Shorey however still has the potential to improve and is a very disciplined, solid defender. Does nothing daft, good crosser of the ball, and iirc assisted a good few for Reading in their Premiership seasons.

Nicky Shorey

Is this guy reliable?

He's not like, Shorey is better than Riise. Riise was a great player in his day but has lost any quality he did have. He still likes to bomb on and unleash ridiculous shots, most of them ending up in Row Z.

Shorey however still has the potential to improve and is a very disciplined, solid defender. Does nothing daft, good crosser of the ball, and iirc assisted a good few for Reading in their Premiership seasons.

Has he not been pretty poor at Villa though? Hence why he'd be getting linked with us and not being a key part of a CL chasing side (with no other LB of note)...

That said, i'd have him as competition. Joe would use him to replace Enrique though...

Guest marky555

Yeh he hasnt been great at Villa but I think he got off to a pretty poor start with them and lost his place quite quickly. Luke Young has been really good for them and has been filling in for them at left back and doing a really good job which has further limited Shoreys oppurtunities!!

So he'll be full of confidence here!