The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Guest MrSundlofer

Swedish starlet Samuel Adjei is hoping to seal a move to Newcastle United.

The 17-year-old currently plays for lower league Swedish side Jonkoping Sodra.

But he has featured for Sweden's Under-16 side and he has caught the eye of a number of foreign clubs, with Newcastle and Porto believed to be leading the chase.

Now Newcastle are understood to have made a bid for the winger, who himself is delighted with The Magpies' interest

"Chances like these don't just grow on trees, so when it appears you wanna grab it," he told his local newspaper Jnytt.

Adjei spent time training with Newcastle in November and he looks to have done enough to persuade the club to finalise a bid for him.

"The interest is big and they want me, I hope that Newcastle and Jonkoping Sodra can make an agreement."

Jonkoping are not convinced that Adjei will be leaving.

"Both we and Newcastle have seen there is an interest around Samuel," said director Daniel Segerfeldt.

"Our approach is that he is going to play for us."

I live in Jönköping and he and his team use to train just before me. Got some glimts of him and he is a prospect.

Guest Mucky01

can we sign someone who's not f***ing pre teen?  lambias and wise just been grooming youngsters around the globe

is it because Gary Glitter is our chief scout nowadays?

can we sign someone who's not f***ing pre teen?  lambias and wise just been grooming youngsters around the globe

is it because Gary Glitter is our chief scout nowadays?

http://www.topnews.in/light/files/Gary-Glitter2.jpg

"Do you wanna be in my gang..............."

Erm not not really.

Still, I reckon he still knows more about building a first team that can keep you in the prem.

http://www.jnytt.se/Read__21099.aspx 

Article

s**** translation:

Samuel, 17, hunted by the Premier League club

Samuel Adjei, 17, from Vaggeryd, has a dream to become fotbollsproffs. Now it can also be true. Newcastle United in the English Premier League has made a bid of Jönköping Södra player.

- I do not know much about Newcastle, but it appears to be a wonderful club, "said Adjei.

The classic club had raised interest in Adjei in Småland won District Boy Cup in the summer last year. Just a few months later, in November, went Adjei himself over to England to test the game. He then received training with the U18-team and reserves.

- They liked me when I was there, "he says.

Samuel started playing football when he was 12 and for only a year ago he played six-division football in Hooks IF.

Although Porto interest

Talent career curve has since skyrocketed and Portuguese Porto reported to have shown interest.

Now, Samuel moved to Huskvarna and started on Sanda Gymnasium. But the time will be short.

Newcastle have now gone so far as they have made a bid for 17-year-old.

- The interest is really big and they want me. I hope Newcastle and South agree. Chances do not grow on trees so when it wants to take it, "said Adjei expectation fully.

"There is a clear interest"

Daniel Seger Feldt, klubbdirektör in the J-South, confirms that it has received a bid - which nobbat.

- The proposal we regard more as an expression of interest. Both we and Newcastle has found that there is a clear interest in Samuel. But of course, is our basic position that he plays for us.

How high will you go to accept the bid?

- It has not really been any discussion on our part. We have not provided motbud.

The fast outer midfield, as before this season had a contract with a team, hope that he will be youth professionals.

- Yes, I hope so. And if I get there, so hope I get COME within two years. The clubs have been talking a lot, I know, but otherwise, I look forward to playing here, "says Samuel Adjei.

Why, for God's sake have they not provided motbud?

Article

s**** translation:

Samuel Adjei, 17, from Vaggeryd, has a dream to become fotbollsproffs. Now it can also be true. Newcastle United in the English Premier League has made a bid of Jönköping Södra player.

- I do not know much about Newcastle, but it appears to be a wonderful club, "said Adjei.

The classic club had raised interest in Adjei in Småland won District Boy Cup in the summer last year. Just a few months later, in November, went Adjei himself over to England to test the game. He then received training with the U18-team and reserves.

Samuel started playing football when he was 12 and for only a year ago he played six-division football in Hooks IF.

Although Porto interest

Talent career curve has since skyrocketed and Portuguese Porto reported to have shown interest.

Now, Samuel moved to Huskvarna and started on Sanda Gymnasium. But the time will be short.

- The interest is really big and they want me. I hope Newcastle and South agree. Chances do not grow on trees so when it wants to take it, "said Adjei expectation fully.

Daniel Seger Feldt, klubbdirektör in the J-South, confirms that it has received a bid - which nobbat.

- The proposal we regard more as an expression of interest. Both we and Newcastle has found that there is a clear interest in Samuel. But of course, is our basic position that he plays for us.

- It has not really been any discussion on our part. We have not provided motbud.

The fast outer midfield, as before this season had a contract with a team, hope that he will be youth professionals.

- Yes, I hope so. And if I get there, so hope I get COME within two years. The clubs have been talking a lot, I know, but otherwise, I look forward to playing here, "says Samuel Adjei.

:lol:

Article

s**** translation:

Although Porto interest

Something to do with uncertainty about the nobbat

Guest Peter.Sthlm

Something to do with uncertainty about the nobbat

Nobbat = turned down (in this case the initial offer)

The part abut the "motbud" would translate into something along the lines of: "We haven't descided on our valuation of the player".

All these youngster signings would have been mint and had us jumping for joy during the Sir Bobby days...a team flying high and scouting and bringing in all this young talent...

FIRST TEAMERS PLEASE.

So what... just cos no fucker who is an established, seasoned pro will join us - means we shouldn't continue the youth recruitment policy? Come off it. It's frustrating but realistic at the moment - the chances of us signing someone who is going to drastically improve our fortunes is becoming evermore unlikely. Doesn't mean we should just jack it in altogether.

At this rate we're going to fucking need to build for the future. Depending on the likes of Taylor, Butt, Duff and Ameobi isn't going to get us out of the Championship should the unthinkable happen.

Article

s**** translation:

Although Porto interest

second that smilie!

Even though I'm pissed off at the lack of first team players coming in, it's great to see us continuing the youth policy. Hate to say it, but Ashley and Wise deserve some credit for that aspect of the club.

Stupid thing is that this is what we were told their job was in the first place but then it seems that they started pricking about with the first XI. Being honest and showing clarity at the beginning could have saved a whole lot of fuss really.

So what... just cos no fucker who is an established, seasoned pro will join us - means we shouldn't continue the youth recruitment policy? Come off it. It's frustrating but realistic at the moment - the chances of us signing someone who is going to drastically improve our fortunes is becoming evermore unlikely. Doesn't mean we should just jack it in altogether.

At this rate we're going to f***ing need to build for the future. Depending on the likes of Taylor, Butt, Duff and Ameobi isn't going to get us out of the Championship should the unthinkable happen.

Southampton's youngsters are doing a great job of getting them out of the championship, shame it's to league 1.  Premiership survival must the number 1 priority at this time

Even though I'm pissed off at the lack of first team players coming in, it's great to see us continuing the youth policy. Hate to say it, but Ashley and Wise deserve some credit for that aspect of the club.

Stupid thing is that this is what we were told their job was in the first place but then it seems that they started pricking about with the first XI. Being honest and showing clarity at the beginning could have saved a whole lot of fuss really.

Yeah, fair enough, I still don't know whether Wise had as much to do with first team matters as everyone says though. People just seem to have scapegoated him because he's cockney and a complete tosser of a man... don't know how much he's actually done wrong.

Saw on text we're linked with Bobo Balde whilst Sunderland are looking at Christophe Berra. Quite depressing if true. We're after a past it, dodgy SPL hasbeen, whilst Sunderland are looking at an up and coming decent defender in the same league.

This transfer window has been terrible for us so far. Not in the players signed, but in the way we're going about it. Kinnear just lists all his targets to the press, then tells everyone how much money we have to spend. Why does he need to do this? Telling everyone this information does us no good atall.

At this rate we're going to f***ing need to build for the future. Depending on the likes of Taylor, Butt, Duff and Ameobi isn't going to get us out of the Championship should the unthinkable happen.

Southampton's youngsters are doing a great job of getting them out of the championship, shame it's to league 1.  Premiership survival must the number 1 priority at this time

Yet again it all goes down to a lack of communication from the club. From the interviews that I've read it seems that the managers answer to him, like when Keegan was talking about Zayate.

It's a shame, because like you said the youth policy is much better than it has been in recent years.

Would be very dissapointed if we aren't in for Christian Obodo of Udinese.

Don't think he's been a regular since Gokhan Inler came in for him, due to injury, and did so well.

Good age at 25 and shouldn't be too expensive really. Typical all action African midfielder.

If we really are after Balde then we have stopped scraping the bottom of the barrel and gone right through it. You could not describe him as hopeless as that is too generous. What have we become !!!!

Before you plunge that dagger into your side you do realise we haven't signed Balde right?

It's just a rumour just like Quashie was. Calm down.