The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Has anyone seen much of Nedum Onuoha btw? I can remember seeing him at the U21 Euro Championships, and i thought he looked absolutely class tbh. Mind, so did Taylor - but Taylor seems to have deteriorated since then. Onuoha looked a genuinely powerful, pacy full-back at that tournament; was quite jealous of City at that point having him and Richards on their books.

I remember Dr. Spectrum raving about him being a massive prospect and better than Richards.

Where is Speccy!!?? :(

Gelson Fernandes says he could leave Man City, havent seen alot of him but maybe worth a go?

Yes, we should be in for him, he's impressed me whenever I've seen him. He reminds me of Butt back in his pomp (the season before the 2002 WC and of course that World Cup).

Gelson Fernandes says he could leave Man City, havent seen alot of him but maybe worth a go?

Yes, we should be in for him, he's impressed me whenever I've seen him. He reminds me of Butt back in his pomp (the season before the 2002 WC and of course that World Cup).

Include him in a swap for Given then, everyone else has been mentioned.

Right I'll jus give em a bell :smiley6600:

Right I'll jus give em a bell :smiley6600:

Be quick we havent got long left.

Man City fans think he's garbage.

We were linked with him before Sven bought him, and I seem to remember him saying he'd prefer a move to a bigger club in the Premier League than us.

Hypothesising on transfers is the single worst thing people do on Internet forums.

And yet, it seems to be the main topic every transfer window.

The whole "we should sign..." line is tedious and about as useful as praying to cure world hunger.

Anyways, when, oh when, are we going to sign someone? Fuckin' hell I'm gettin' miserable.

Well i agree... and i don't usually... i was merely comparing news articles. :smug:

*straw, clutch*

Why would we want Dunne? We have a decent starting partnership as things stand with Taylor and others as backup.

Plus, he's been utter s**** this season.

Yep but it seems JK wants another CB and with him being Irish and Dunne being rubbish, then i wouldnt be suprised if he signed.

Why would we want Dunne? We have a decent starting partnership as things stand with Taylor and others as backup.

Plus, he's been utter s**** this season.

Yep but it seems JK wants another CB and with him being Irish and Dunne being rubbish, then i wouldnt be suprised if he signed.

:lol:

I can't see it being Dunne, he signed a new contract with City in the Summer on big wages which I can't see us paying him and even though he's had a poor season he's still a regular for them, more likely to be Onuoha or Ben Haim IMO.

I'd rather have Johnson in the deal than dunne or even better both!

Dunne has had a bad season but he has been very consistent the past 3/4. I think a move would do him no harm at all and would bring some decent experience we can actually use.

More than possible we would employ Distin Bassong back at LB if we dont get one in.

I do fancy adding Johnson to our squad though, will be dissapointed if we end up with a straight cash deal.

Onouha probably fits alongside Dunne without the experienced bit, had great potential but the city fans I know dont rate him and he has lost quite a bit of stock the past year. Looking at it from the outside thats no big shakes seeing as every defender at City seems to be under the same label.

:kinnear:  Thought i'd put that in there because its new.

If Ebondo signs then the only players Id be interested in would be Johnson and maybe Richards.

?

Just seems like a player we dont need. Would demand big wages as well, is already on a lot if i rememeber correctly. Huge potential but not specifically what we need.

If Ebondo signs then the only players Id be interested in would be Johnson and maybe Richards.

?

Just seems like a player we dont need. Would demand big wages as well, is already on a lot if i rememeber correctly. Huge potential but not specifically what we need.

He's said this evening he doesn't want to leave anyway.

?

He's said this evening he doesn't want to leave anyway.

Ah ok! Didnt know that. Obviously.