The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Lovenkrands - Forward/winger

Donadel - Defensive Midfielder

Nolan - Box to box midfielder

Taylor - Utility (about 3-4 postions)

Would people be satisfied with this window if all this came off? Think it would be pretty succesful myself considering in its January, obviously I would have preferred Fabregas, Anelka, Yaya Toure and Evra but I would settle till the summer.

Would people be satisfied with this window if all this came off? Think it would be pretty succesful myself considering in its January, obviously I would have preferred Fabregas, Anelka, Yaya Toure and Evra but I would settle till the summer.

Would be decent but we are also loosing a good left winger and not replacing him and a goalkeeper.

Shit are we selling Jonas?  :frantic:  Oh no you mean Insomnia?..  ???  Also Given doesn't need replacing IMO.

I would be very happy with that, but I suspect the stuff about Donadel, Veloso and M'Bia is unfortunately nonsense.  We clearly don't have much money and none of those three will come cheap.  If we had any money, we wouldn't have waited until Jan 30th. 

We may get Nolan and Taylor, but I would be surprised if we managed to get Donadel as well. If we got all four though, I would be impressed with our efforts all things considered.

Would be decent but we are also loosing a good left winger and not replacing him and a goalkeeper.

s*** are we selling Jonas?  :frantic:  Oh no you mean Insomnia?..  ???  Also Given doesn't need replacing IMO.

Like him or not, Zog is better than Duff and if he leaves ideally we'd need to replace him.

He's been useless for a long time, neither Duff or N'Zogbia should be playing left wing anyway, Jonas should.  Hopefully if we get Taylor he can do a good job on the right side.

We may get Nolan and Taylor, but I would be surprised if we managed to get Donadel as well. If we got all four though, I would be impressed with our efforts all things considered.

with a saviola on the side sir ?

A waaafer thin mint too far? Ah fuck it, why not.  :lol:

A waaafer thin mint too far? Ah f*** it, why not.  :lol:

that made me laugh

Where's all this Donadel stuff come from anyway? I've seen his name mentioned but hardly anything other than random papertalk.

where were the nolan and taylor rumours ?

or the kaka and ribery ones ?

Where's all this Donadel stuff come from anyway? I've seen his name mentioned but hardly anything other than random papertalk.

Thanks for a pointless reply.  Work to your strengths.  O0

Seriously though, is it just speculative and people are jumping the gun?

apparently "sources" have been linking us for days, both here and in italy to the point it is reperted that a bid has been lodged.

you should know from most we've signed under the present regime that it is kept hush-hush for as long as poss.

It's been popping up for a while. Sentanta were running with it on Tuesday as well.

s*** are we selling Jonas?  :frantic:  Oh no you mean Insomnia?..  ???  Also Given doesn't need replacing IMO.

Like him or not, Zog is better than Duff and if he leaves ideally we'd need to replace him.

Lovenkrands essentially replaces Zoggy.

Those four would be great.

An extra striker with some pace and power would be a bonus.

Would be great to have Butt as a backup finally. Donadel and Nolan in midfield would bring a tear to my eye it would be such a relief. Just for the mere fact Butt will be warming the bench.

No point in getting a replacement for N'Zogbia until we get Duff of the wage bill tbh.

jonas is the replacement, the problem was finding someone for the right...which is still the problem

Duff and Mr. Lovern Lovern for the left side.

Jonas and Ryan Taylor for the right side.

Would be very satisfied with that after the position we were in yesterday morning. :joker:

No point in getting a replacement for N'Zogbia until we get Duff of the wage bill tbh.

jonas is the replacement, the problem was finding someone for the right...which is still the problem

Duff and Mr. Lovern Lovern for the left side.

Jonas and Ryan Taylor for the right side.

Why should we employ our best winger in his weaker position? We should doing our best to ensure he's on the left instead of shifting him to the right.

Newcastle are trying to offload flop Damien Duff to bring in Derby star Kris Commons.

Republic of Ireland winger Duff, 29, has been an expensive disaster at St James' Park since a £5million move from Chelsea in July 2006.

And Toon boss Joe Kinnear is under pressure to get Duff off United's crippling wagebill.

Former Nottingham Forest chief Kinnear, who took Commons to the City Ground in July 2004, wants to be reunited with the left-sided Scottish international.

But Wigan boss Steve Bruce is also a big admirer of £3-mrated Commons and is ready to swoop as he looks to spend his transfer windfall following the sales of Emile Heskey and Wilson Palacios.

Bruce and assistant Eric Black have been to watch Commons in the past week and are keen to do a deal.

Bruce has failed to land Reading's Stephen Hunt and Cardiff's Joe Ledley, citing 'crazy prices' as he bids to bolster his squad.

However, Commons is more affordable as Derby try to balance the books after a bad year and Wigan are poised to make an offer in the next 48 hours.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/01/30/newcastle-and-wigan-battle-for-derby-star-kris-commons-115875-21081959/

Newcastle are trying to offload flop Damien Duff to bring in Derby star Kris Commons.

Republic of Ireland winger Duff, 29, has been an expensive disaster at St James' Park since a £5million move from Chelsea in July 2006.

And Toon boss Joe Kinnear is under pressure to get Duff off United's crippling wagebill.

Former Nottingham Forest chief Kinnear, who took Commons to the City Ground in July 2004, wants to be reunited with the left-sided Scottish international.

But Wigan boss Steve Bruce is also a big admirer of £3-mrated Commons and is ready to swoop as he looks to spend his transfer windfall following the sales of Emile Heskey and Wilson Palacios.

Bruce and assistant Eric Black have been to watch Commons in the past week and are keen to do a deal.

Bruce has failed to land Reading's Stephen Hunt and Cardiff's Joe Ledley, citing 'crazy prices' as he bids to bolster his squad.

However, Commons is more affordable as Derby try to balance the books after a bad year and Wigan are poised to make an offer in the next 48 hours.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/01/30/newcastle-and-wigan-battle-for-derby-star-kris-commons-115875-21081959/

i just simultaneously vomited, pissed myself and shot my load at that