The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Newcastle United have emerged as the most likely club to land Javier Saviola from Real Madrid on a six-month loan deal, after Portsmouth manager Tony Adams ruled out a move for the 27-year-old earlier today.

Speaking to Setanta Sports, Adams said: 'Sometimes it can take six months to a year to get to know the pace of the Premiership so, when I'm looking for players, I'm looking at players with a certain fitness level to start with.

'That's maybe why I'm not taking him [saviola]. I've not pursued it - I've looked at over 150 players in the last two and a half months.'

With Michael Owen out for at least six to eight weeks due to injury, the Magpies are desperately seeking reinforcements, and it has now emerged that they are keen to bring the Argentine speed-demon, who is affectionately called 'The Rabbit' to the Premiership.

Maybe but maybe bollocks

Bloke on Skunkers reckons that Ryan Taylor is signing tomorrow for £800,000 or so.

Source is Stevie Taylor apparently.  :kinnear:

well that'll save us two goals a season

Stevie is meant to quite pally with Ryan so that source would make sense.

Talk about shutting the door after the horse has bolted....we've already played Wigan twice..At least him and Nolan gives fresh impetus at set pieces though.

If we are still in the Premiership next season, I guess we are guaranteed a goal against City.

Talk about shutting the door after the horse has bolted....we've already played Wigan twice..At least him and Nolan gives fresh impetus at set pieces though.

If we are still in the Premiership next season, I guess we are guaranteed a goal against City.

Or Citeh reserves if they sign Buffon in the summer.

Bloke on Skunkers reckons that Ryan Taylor is signing tomorrow for £800,000 or so.

Source is Stevie Taylor apparently.  :kinnear:

well that'll save us two goals a season

Stevie is meant to quite pally with Ryan so that source would make sense.

They are related so it makes sense.

They aren't really but shit comments like this become folk law and will come up again and again in a few years time

Guest Heneage

Has Wise just woke up and said "oh right, f***, it's nearly February"

It doesn't matter, if he gets Nolan, Taylor, and Veloso he's done his job.