The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

JK is saying were haggling with man city and he has 2 definite players lined up.

Eh? thought the (undisclosed) fee was agreed, hence Given currently having his medical?

Hope he's right about the two players though - we need more players!

Might be 2 city players. Sturridge and Johnson :;)

JK is saying were haggling with man city and he has 2 definite players lined up.

One of them being Ryan Taylor or does that count as a done deal ?

http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2009/02/01/Premier-League-Newcastle-were-in-for-Faubert/gnid-38176/

As the link says, we were in for Faubert apparently.

JFK was talking Ryan Taylor plus two.

Anything can happen on deadline day though, agents are in overdrive. The two we have lined up will probably fall through, but then we might get tit face mckay call and do us a couple of Sibierski type deals.

Over optimistically, we get Taylor and the two we want then get a couple more offered to us we like!

Guest LucasUnger

http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2009/02/01/Premier-League-Newcastle-were-in-for-Faubert/gnid-38176/

As the link says, we were in for Faubert apparently.

JFK was talking Ryan Taylor plus two.

Anything can happen on deadline day though, agents are in overdrive. The two we have lined up will probably fall through, but then we might get tit face mckay call and do us a couple of Sibierski type deals.

Over optimistically, we get Taylor and the two we want then get a couple more offered to us we like!

aye, we might bring in another 9 players.

"As for transfers before tomorrow, I've got two players lined up who we've been speaking to and I'm confident we will get those in.

"And as for outgoings, we're waiting on Shay Given and Charles N'Zogbia's situations. There's a sticking point over Given's move to Manchester City, with a lot of haggling going on, so we will have to wait and see on both of those two. I hope they go through soon, though, so I can go and spend that money."

JFK on BBC

So hopefully thats £15m worth of transfers coming in?

Guest firetotheworks

.......I sincerely hope that it's not Keane.

Robbie? Id reinvent, cum in and eat my hat if that happened.

"As for transfers before tomorrow, I've got two players lined up who we've been speaking to and I'm confident we will get those in.

"And as for outgoings, we're waiting on Shay Given and Charles N'Zogbia's situations. There's a sticking point over Given's move to Manchester City, with a lot of haggling going on, so we will have to wait and see on both of those two. I hope they go through soon, though, so I can go and spend that money."

JFK on BBC

Also sounds like Enrique wont be leaving in this window thank fuck. Really worried we were going to sell him/swap him and play the rest of the season with no left back.

It's quite clear that we need Given's money for another transfer.  Nolan's 4m can be cancelled out with Insomnia's fees and so we should have a 6m+ transfer pending.

The only players available in the market are Veloso and Keane, and I reckon the latter may have some interest in joining us.

If JFK does not lie on M'Bia's deal, though.

Also sounds like Enrique wont be leaving in this window thank f***. Really worried we were going to sell him/swap him and play the rest of the season with no left back.

Though he also spoke like a mental his decision isn't that bad.  Enrique will be with us unless we get relegated.

We'll be pulling some completely random European out of a hat I think.

Think there's more to the Donadel rumors than we thought. Stuff reported from foreign sources is generally reliable and they went as far as to say that we'd agreed a fee.

JFK on BBC

Cue, a mass late night refreshing newsnow until falling asleep when nothing is mentioned until after tmrw lunch time.

JFK on BBC

Cue, a mass late night refreshing newsnow until falling asleep when nothing is mentioned until after tmrw lunch time.

Oh fucking hell, deadline really is tomorrow isn't it.

Taylor and a midfielder would be fit. Even if it is Michael Johnson as part of a swap, i'm happy enough. It's an improvement.

Put the money towards summer spending when we've got a new manager and a fresh start. (Pfft :iamatwat: )

It's quite clear that we need Given's money for another transfer.  Nolan's 4m can be cancelled out with Insomnia's fees and so we should have a 6m+ transfer pending.

The only players available in the market are Veloso and Keane, and I reckon the latter may have some interest in joining us.

If JFK does not lie on M'Bia's deal, though.

M'Bia was playing for Rennes this weekend so I think that one was just a smokescreen. Donadel might be worth getting our hopes up over, but I've a feeling we won't be buying any more central midfielders.