The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Guest sicko2ndbest

he can pass a football though right?  like to it's intended target?  and can score goals...?

doesn't sound all that bad to me at the moment, a priority for me to avoid relegation actually

CM

Butt

Nolan

Guthrie

Barton

Geremi

JOHNSON?

cm overload!

he can pass a football though right?  like to it's intended target?  and can score goals...?

doesn't sound all that bad to me at the moment, a priority for me to avoid relegation actually

CM

Butt

Nolan

Guthrie

Barton

Geremi

JOHNSON?

cm overload!

As much as I like Guthrie, dont mind Barton, and am open to see how Nolan and Johnson (if he signs) do, that is one really uninspiring list of central midfielders. At least one of them could stick an accent over an e in their name or something.

CM

Butt

Nolan

Guthrie

Barton

Geremi

JOHNSON?

cm overload!

you the have to assume the strikeout ones leave in the summer giving us 4 CM's who don't look that bad as a group...

Guest marky555

Wonder why this £8m offer for Johnson hasn't been mentioned on SSN (TV) yet?

Usually they mention stuff before it goes online?

Different sources.

skysports.com is just a name, it's not actually Sky Sports

How does that work mate, is it just other sources updating it or what?

Different sources.

I think Sky bought an existing football website didn't they? Then just rebranded it and added links to Sky TV, but kept the same staff/system etc.

CM

Butt

Nolan

Guthrie

Barton

Geremi

JOHNSON?

cm overload!

As much as I like Guthrie, dont mind Barton, and am open to see how Nolan and Johnson (if he signs) do, that is one really uninspiring list of central midfielders. At least one of them could stick an accent over an e in their name or something.

lol ... we could get nolan to put an 'o' on the end and be #4 nolano, which might look a bit like solano if you squint hard enough  :pow:

We should've done a swap for him! Great dissapointment we're basically swapping Given for Johnson, unless we got around 12 million for Given.

I don't get why that would disappointing for people. I know Given is highly rated but in the current market Johnson is probably worth £10m, assuming his injury isn't chronic.

Guest marky555

Different sources.

I think Sky bought an existing football website didn't they? Then just rebranded it and added links to Sky TV, but kept the same staff/system etc.

Ah shit thats right, planetfootball.com now redirects to ss.com so that'll be it.

any updates from david craig on ssn

Ashley, Llambias and the Communications guy have let SSN base themselves in the training ground

Which means that the players are now touring the stadium. Suckers.