The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Mamadou Sakho would be a great signing but I think he will end up going elsewhere, Wise is doing well soritn out these targets but he is dreaming a bit wiht this lad.

Yeah probably, nothing wrong with trying though, as we've seen a few times before

Oh fk aye, no pissing about make the offer and hope to fk we can get him, new LB for sure, Enrique has done better but this lad is a touch of class.

Im not sure but i think he's been playing as a CB lately also. He would give us an option there also if anyone got injured.

Mamadou Sakho would be a great signing but I think he will end up going elsewhere, Wise is doing well soritn out these targets but he is dreaming a bit wiht this lad.

Yeah probably, nothing wrong with trying though, as we've seen a few times before

Oh fk aye, no pissing about make the offer and hope to fk we can get him, new LB for sure, Enrique has done better but this lad is a touch of class.

Im not sure but i think he's been playing as a CB lately also. He would give us an option there also if anyone got injured.

Aye cover for Bassong at CB but I would play him as a LB he looks very adapt there.

Bassong----Sakho  and Zoggy down the flank, a birght long term future for the Toon.

Aye cover for Bassong at CB but I would play him as a LB he looks very adapt there.

Bassong----Sakho   and Zoggy down the flank, a birght long term future for the Toon.

Doesn't look bad, not bad at all..

What's this Sakho kid got that Enrique doesn't, then? :) Anyone know much about him?

more unique haircut ;) Thats what you get for £7-8m these days..

Pace, good first touch, can pass a ball, good determination, good reader of the game, won't drift in all the time and end up leaving the LB position exposed.. oh and a bit of flair to go with it :D

Actually Aliou Diarra is looking quite the player, scored a beaut for Bordeaux the other day full 30 yards, it seems raiding France may be a wise idea.

Hahah, that's hilarious! Because of Dennis WISE! Geddit?! Brilliant. Fucking Brilliant!!

I know you didn't mean it.

Sakho is a fantastic young player. I see no logical reason why he would come to Newcastle on a permanent basis, or on loan really. Would be fantastic to have him, but it makes little sense for PSG (who can wait a year or two for the big boys to pay top dollar) or the man himself (who is one of the most highly regarded players at a very decent club.)

Sakho is a fantastic young player. I see no logical reason why he would come to Newcastle on a permanent basis, or on loan really. Would be fantastic to have him, but it makes little sense for PSG (who can wait a year or two for the big boys to pay top dollar) or the man himself (who is one of the most highly regarded players at a very decent club.)

Yeah but £8 million is no small thing for an 18 year old.

You talk about waiting two years but anything can happen in that time.

£8 million on the table might be too tempting to pass up and PSG aren't exactly rolling in it I don't think.

Not sure why the club is being mentioned as interested in Upson.  I've never seen Skjelbred play (only know him from FM) and I don't know if he's ready for a starting role in the EPL but this club is crying for some creativity in the central midfield.  I hope Owen signs, too.  If Owen signs a deal, it shows that the team is serious and that Owen believes the team is serious and both elements are essential for the club to go forward.  he may not be the payer he once was but he still has a reputation and locking him up is a signal of stability and diligence to other players.

Just hope we act quickly and bring in players early.

:lol:

As if!

Been saying it for several seasons its been our downfall. We've need players every single winter window that comes round, and we have nothing in place each time.

Hopefully JFK has his targets and negotiations are underway and players are even in for the Hull game.

That's how its done properly, would be a massive show that the club has finally progressed if we do.

Just hope we act quickly and bring in players early.

:lol:

As if!

Been saying it for several seasons its been our downfall. We've need players every single winter window that comes round, and we have nothing in place each time.

Hopefully JFK has his targets and negotiations are underway and players are even in for the Hull game.

That's how its done properly, would be a massive show that the club has finally progressed if we do.

There's a good chance we will make some signings this winter though. Ashley must be desperate to get back in the fans good books and we should have money from Milner's sale still available.

Would anyone take Djibril Cissé? netted 8 times this year.

Good player, not a priority for us at the moment. We'll see what strikers we're left with come June ;)

Just worry that he may end up scoring close to 20 in a season and his fee be inflated.  Would be good business if we can get him for £6m in Jan, while off-loading Smith and Ameobi to raise some supporting cash.

Agreed not a priority though....