The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Charles N’Zogbia interview Radio 5 in the next half hour.

I'll make sure to miss it then, thanks for the heads-up. Could not care less what the miserable t*** has to say.

I look forward to forgetting that he even existed. :celb:

Oh go f***ing kill yourselves then if it's that bad, i'm not exactly delighted with the window but most in here are whining like a virgin after her first anal session(© some video I saw on utube)

:lol:

Sure your not talking from personal experience, a strange justification to make indeed.

Given failing a medical was nothing more than a pathetic rumour.

As i said, we should have spent regardless of these going through. It was already obvious that they were going anyway as i said.

It isnt very complicated. We are incredibly likely to go down this season, this is what you seem to be failing to understand.

If we go down Mike Ashley loses far more money than anyone expected him to invest in our side.

Those of us annoyed feel it is quite clear our squad probably doesnt possess the ability with our current injury crisis that we conistantly go through to win many of the games we have coming up. We feel we would have been in a much better position to achieve this had we brought in a few more DECENT players.

It is now apparent we would have had more than enough money to do this & Ashley should have spent regardless of how likely it looked for money to be coming into him. The fact we havent done this makes it an incredibly dangerous scenario for us.

i wouldnt be so sure about the medical thing. he did have a knee injury and it was a rather strong rumour. if kinnear is to be believed, he had £10 million 2 weeks before given went and was bidding on players. make of that what you will.

there are/will be 3 worse teams than us come may. its obviously going to be close for about 5 or 6 teams but im still a "1".

you say "decent players", who do you mean? with the rumoured £10 million we had at week 2, who would you have bought?

we cant just spend our way out of trouble without getting some back in. we arent like that anymore. its that mentality (to a point) which is limiting our finances to this day.

Getting bored of this now.

We should have brought more players in, the players we have available are either A: not good enough or B: Injured.

Thats as simple as i can put it, you either agree with this and think we'll get relegated so we should have done more to deal with the situation or you're completely happy with the situation and for some insane reason think we'll be perfectly fine as you clearly do.

Only portsmouth, Middlesborough's & Hull's current form is as bad as ours.

It is very likely that we will have a hard time picking up points from our future games & the teams around us will not. Please take a look at our fixture list.

Guest pont-toon

what a buch of gormless tossers

why o why didnt we use Shay as bait to land Johnson if we were that serious about signing him

could also have landed Ben haim or Jo on loan - if only to boost the squad nos

bizarre  :crazy2:

Guest The Libertine

We should have brought more players in, the players we have available are either A: not good enough or B: Injured.

Thats as simple as i can put it, you either agree with this and think we'll get relegated so we should have done more to deal with the situation or you're completely happy with the situation and for some insane reason think we'll be perfectly fine as you clearly do.

It is very likely that we will have a hard time picking up points from our future games & the teams around us will not. Please take a look at our fixture list.

"We should have brought more players in"

like i asked, you have £10 million at week 2. who would you buy? you previously specified "decent" players too.

I wish we now had a soundbite of Ashley going 'judge me on deadline day!' or similar.  As to be honest he didn't really promise us s***.  It was all JFK promising us with his 'spoken to Mike, he agrees' shizzle.

Oh go f***ing kill yourselves then if it's that bad, i'm not exactly delighted with the window but most in here are whining like a virgin after her first anal session(© some video I saw on utube)

Sure your not talking from personal experience, a strange justification to make indeed.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx7X4cgh3qI

:laugh:

Seen it, quality.

"We should have brought more players in"

like i asked, you have £10 million at week 2. who would you buy? you previously specified "decent" players too.

Sorry am i a scout suddenly put in place to determine all the possible players the world over that we could have bought.

Give up with your useless arguments.

You are quite clearly severely deluded about our position and think we're in absolutely no trouble whatsoever regardless of the fact that our whole side is becoming cripples & our curent manager shows no tactical awareness whatsoever whilst all the other sides around us bar portsmouth and middlesborough  are getting better results.

Guess what, if current form of each side continues in a similar manner, we'll be the 3rd side in the drop zone. I dont believe our form will improve with Everton, Man utd, arsenal & chelsea coming up. You clearly do, good luck with that.

The end

Guest sicko2ndbest

So the magic window is now closed and Newcastle have once again managed to come out of it probably worse off than ever before. Mike Ashley will be beaming - will Given and N`Zogbia out for combined fees north of £12m and just £6m for Nolan, Lovenkrands and Taylor, he`s got an extra £6m+ in the bank. Add that to the Milner £12m and you can have no doubts over the asset stripping nature of the current regime.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx7X4cgh3qI

Seen it, quality.

mackems.gif

That's the best one of those I've ever seen!

Giggs and Rooney in 40 years :lol:

Guest The Libertine
Sorry am i a scout suddenly put in place to determine all the possible players the world over that we could have bought.

Give up with your useless arguments.

You are quite clearly severely deluded about our position and think we're in absolutely no trouble whatsoever regardless of the fact that our whole side is becoming cripples & our curent manager shows no tactical awareness whatsoever whilst all the other sides around us bar portsmouth and middlesborough  are getting better results.

Guess what, if current form of each side continues in a similar manner, we'll be the 3rd side in the drop zone. I dont believe our form will improve with Everton, Man utd, arsenal & chelsea coming up. You clearly do, good luck with that.

The end

so you're demanding we should have brought more (decent, you said) players in but you cant name anybody you would go for with £10 million? even on a harmless, not actually real, internet forum?

or has reality just smacked you between the eyes?

So the magic window is now closed and Newcastle have once again managed to come out of it probably worse off than ever before. Mike Ashley will be beaming - will Given and N`Zogbia out for combined fees north of £12m and just £6m for Nolan, Lovenkrands and Taylor, he`s got an extra £6m+ in the bank. Add that to the Milner £12m and you can have no doubts over the asset stripping nature of the current regime.

They tried though. Good lads.

Guest Wally_McFool

*awaits Mikes mate/employee Ian W coming along to put you right.  *    :cheesy:

It's all meh.amateurs at the top of our club's structure,who havent been able to strengthen our squad when it was essential that we did.One surplus player clearly isn't enough.Letting Citeh wait till the eleventh hour to tell us no deal for Johnson.Disgusting really how a successful businessman like Mike Ashley has allowed his think tank to put all our eggs in one basket.

I don't see how I'm taking your points that widely. What I'm saying is 'we've consistently failed to get what we need in transfer windows while under Ashley's administration' and I'm identifying that a factor present in each of those windows is Ashley's administration. There's more to it than that, of course, there's the fact that all three of his managers have expressed deep dissatisfaction with the way his administration conducts its behaviour during windows, for example. Seems logical, then, to hold suspicions.

If we ARE going to look at the wider picture, then things look even worse. There's the fact he's gone through three managers in 18 months and the latest of them is Joe Kinnear. Wider circumstances thus make the results of our affairs with the transfer market even more important. This latest failure is all the more significant, therefore.

I think it's a bit unfair to call the last transfer window a failure in terms of the actual business we did. Selling Milner without a real replacement was a disappointment but all in all it was pretty good. The defence isn't perfect but looks 100% better, we brought in a winger, an attacking midfielder and a striker. Yes with hindsight for various reasons some haven't worked but the two notable disappointments are the two that haven't been given a chance for one reason or another.

The consistent problem is we continue to sell so we're never addressing the issue of depth. I'm all for selling off the dead wood or even average first teamers for the right price and that's what we have done. Unfortunately in doing this we've left ourselves a bit short and this has been exposed horribly by the recent injury crisis.

We had a chance to address this in this window and that's why it is particularly disappointing. So I'd say we have got what we wanted it's just we've left ourselves with no back up as such which in its self in an error but not one to constitute all of the Ashley regime's transfer windows a failure.

Other manager's have expressed their dissatisfaction about the way things are done but I don't think that's because the transfers themselves it's more the fact they weren't getting the specific players they wanted. That's a mistake of appointing the wrong man for the job, not of bringing in the wrong players. A mistake as you correctly pointed out fits into the much bleaker wider perspective.

Failure can only really be defined in context. On one occasion more success may be required than on another occasion for them both to be considered as being comparatively useful. It's for that reason that I consider this particular window to be particularly detrimental. As for last Summer, taken in isolation it wasn't singularly awful, but it was certainly disillusioning and like I say, windows can only really be taken in relation to their circumstances and its final week was the crescendo which brought us to where we are now.

Incidentally, just to clarify where I think we are now, this is the first time in recent history that I can seriously envisage us going down. Certainties? Maybe not, but I didn't feel that the club would go down under Souness etc. - not because the managers would not take us down but because the club fundamentals were superior or even because I felt the bad manager would be ousted and 'new man syndrome' would carry us over the finishing line, in the way Roeder did. This last point relates very heavily to Ashley, both regarding transfer windows and generally - I am consistently amazed by the actions or lack of action taken by his administration. To visit your last point about managerial dissatisfaction, it doesn't solely relate to the players chosen - would that it were. Instead, at the fourth attempt, we have Kinnear complaining about the lack of activity coming from above and having to call meetings mid-window to get arses moving. Why haven't they learnt? Its why I've come to not take too seriously ideas that 'all kinds of things must be taking place behind the scenes' - there appears to be a consistent lack of urgency or appreciation of the position the club is in at any given point.

Anyway, back to general management and one of the reasons we may go down. I don't have much time for Kinnear, and I understand you don't either. If it looks like we're in serious trouble with a few games to go, what do you see the Board doing to help our cause in any way? I'm not convinced they'll do the right thing at the right moment, I'm not convinced they'd get someone appropriate in afterwards and because of the state the club is widely perceived as being in, I'm not sure they could bring that appropriate person in if they wanted to.

Ah the witch hunt is starting to gather momentum.

Cracking how without full knowledge of what's going on people point the finger regardless. We can't praise the recruitment team because they didn't do their job but at the same time I'd like to know why before I start blaming them.