The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

I wouldn't be disappointed if we brought him in and moved Owen on in January.

Gomis has been gash this year, apart from that late flurry of goals last season has ever been good? He was awful for France at the Euro's.

Scored a nice goal at the weekend but he squandered (sp) too many chances for my liking

Are St E doing better now the chuckle brothers (Perrin & Comolli) are running the show.

I think they've won 3 of their last 4 in the league, and won their UEFA Cup group which had Valencia in it.

Urby Emmanuelson rumoured to be coming to us according to a Dutch site

Kinnear spoke about players from the Dutch league earlier, so maybe there is something in this?

Can already see the "Urby Goes Bananas headlines in the NOTW"

Genoa are lining up a surprise January bid for England’s Ballon d’Or winner Michael Owen, according to the Italian media.

The Rossoblu are an ambitious side, as confirmed by their capture of Diego Milito in the summer, who now tops the Capocannoniere charts with 12 goals.

Milito has been carrying the weight of the team on his shoulders so far this season and President Enrico Preziosi is seeking help upfront.

The dream buy would be Owen, whose contract with Newcastle United is up for renewal, and seeing the David Beckham effect at Milan there is a new fashion for bringing English players to Serie A.

It is not the first time Owen has been linked with Italy, as he was also a target for Juventus and Inter several years ago.

The far cheaper alternative for Genoa is Giuseppe Greco, who already played for the Rossoblu in 2005-06 and 2006-07 in Serie C.

Greco is currently plying his trade at Pisa in Serie B and would appreciate a return to Marassi.

Another international option is 24-year-old Argentine striker Lucas Barrios, now playing for Colo Colo.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/dec23p.html

So they're either going to buy a world famous player who is one of the best goalscorers in the Premiership or they'll get some fella from the second division that I've never heard of. Hmmm. :lol:

Not sure I buy that story.

sounds sweet! :snod:

Get the f*** in. f***ing legend. Play him at left wing though.

If zog goes he will be a good replacement. Lost his way a bit but I'm sure we will help him out.

If zog goes he will be a good replacement. Lost his way a bit but I'm sure we will help him out.

Fucking legend? Based on what?

f***ing legend? Based on what?

His badass hair and general sex appeal. :smitten:

heard Royston Drenthe is willing to go on loan from Real Madrid. I think he would be perfectly suited for the Prem, strong and quick, he has been immense each time I've seen him.

drenthe is cack... he's dutch milner... can't cross to save his life

heard Royston Drenthe is willing to go on loan from Real Madrid. I think he would be perfectly suited for the Prem, strong and quick, he has been immense each time I've seen him.

He's pacy as f*** though, nothing like Milner. But, yeah, he's really not very good at all.

He's pacy as f*** though, nothing like Milner. But, yeah, he's really not very good at all.

pacy as f***?.. doubt it... rarely beat his man nowadays...

Nonsense. A player who has featured in most of Real Madrid's matches this season is anything but cack. Certainly a million miles better than Urby Emmanuelson.. He won't come here though..

what a load of $hite.....you have not watched must of Real this season I take it.

Juanito's agent has insisted he has not received an approach from Newcastle United about the availability of the Real Betis defender.

The 32-year-old's contract at Estadio Manuel Ruiz de Lopera is due to expire at the end of the season.

The Magpies have been linked with a move for his services, although the Premier League club have yet to comment on the rumours.

Juanito recently stated that he intends to extend his stay at Betis, and his agent, Tente Sanchez, has confirmed he will talk with his current club before considering a move elsewhere.

"Absolutely nothing has come to me. If something comes, they will have to talk with Betis because he has contract with them until June."

He continued in Diario de Sevilla: "We are not going to arrive at any agreement with anybody else until things are sorted out with Betis.

"If this doesn't happen, other possibilities will be opened up and I'm talking about next year. If someone wants him now, they have it relatively easy - they have to talk with Betis.

"We've already had a meeting and at the start of January we will talk again to see how the situation is. The idea is to get in contact with each other and know what either party is proposing."

Toulouse defender Albin Ebondo has distanced himself from a move to either Newcastle or Bolton.

The French press have claimed that the 23-year-old full back has been approached by the two Premier League sides.

But the man himself has responded by committing himself to Tefece despite his lack of first-team appearances.

Right back Ebondo has grown frustrated by his role this season, as he has only appeared eight times in the French top flight this term.

Ebondo told France-Football: “I am Toulousain and will stay until the end of the season. For sure the media always say that I am on the move, but as far as I am concerned, I never said so.

“This is a brand new situation for me. I have been a professional for four years and that is the first time that things are going this way.

“It is not ideal, but a career is made of this. I try to keep my cool, besides, the team are doing well and the competition is clean.

“So it is up to me to fight on and work to earn back my place. My personal situation goes after the team’s. I will only do the balance once the season is over.”

http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/Football/2008/12/24/Prem-Ebondo-on-Newcastle-and-Bolton/gnid-32875/

Setanta.com can exclusively reveal that Fiorentina midfielder Manuel da Costa is in talks with Premier League mid-table sides regarding a January move.

Former PSV Eindhoven star Da Costa aims to move on during the transfer window, after falling out of favour with Viola boss Cesare Prandelli.

His agent claims that talks are ongoing with English top flight sides and the 22-year-old player is keen on heading to The Premier League.

Franck Peslerbe expects a busy month of January, as Da Costa has been approached by a host of clubs.

Peslerbe told Setanta.com: “Moving to The Premier League is an option for him, and he would be very happy with such a destination.

“We are hopeful this will happen during the transfer window. We are in talks with clubs that are currently in the middle of the English table.

“So moving to The Premier League is an option to Manuel da Costa.”

http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/Football/2008/12/23/Exclusive-Da-Costa-in-Premier-link/gnid-32730/

JOE Kinnear says that Newcastle United are already in contact with a number of players regarding a January switch to St.James' Park.

The Magpie boss, speaking at his pre-match Wigan press conference, told reporters that the club are waiting for answers from four potential targets ahead of the forthcoming transfer window.

"We have contacted four people and spoke to them," he explained.

"Now we will wait for a yes or a no."

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1499030,00.html