The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

If that's what the manager wants then that's what the club should do.

It is in line with the "summer transfer" policy though AKA whole squad up for sale/being forced out.

Not really as Kinnear will be selling players to bring in players that he wants and if he wants to sell Jonas and Colo to sign Ferguson and Diop then good for him.

As long as the club are letting the manager have the final say then it's a good thing.

Baggio, would it be acceptable for you if Kinnear had to sell in order to buy this transfer window, i.e. if no significant net investment was made into the playing squad for the fourth transfer window running? Would this constitute moving the club forward, as Mike promised?

I'd rather Kinnear wasn't involved with buying or selling any of our players.

As for spending money in this transfer window, I'm not sure how much the club is making these days but if I was Ashley I wouldn't put any of my own money into the club while the fans don't even want me at games.

Agreed on the Kinnear part. Surprised about the second bit; did Mike Ashley not say he was going to take us forward when he took us off the market? Here's hoping Mike is not as stubborn as you and is capable of learning from his mistakes. It's not only in our best interest, it's in his own too.

If he wants to sell Jonas and Colo because he doesn't rate them (despite playing them in every single game since he's been here) then fine.

What you seem to be missing is that he seemingly might have to sell them to raise funds. Which is totally unacceptable in my view.

What happened to the £12m from the Milner sale?

I've a feeling Mike Ashley's being cute here Dave. It might be JK is asking for transfer money and Mike Ashley is saying you've got a £6m striker not even getting used. Could be a roundabout way of stopping JK from blowing money on daft targets and decimating our squad by selling players at a loss.

It is in line with the "summer transfer" policy though AKA whole squad up for sale/being forced out.

Not really as Kinnear will be selling players to bring in players that he wants and if he wants to sell Jonas and Colo to sign Ferguson and Diop then good for him.

As long as the club are letting the manager have the final say then it's a good thing.

The whole team was up for grabs on transfer deadline day in the summer, we had the embarrassing situation of Joey Barton texting Jim White on SSN saying he is not going anywhere, just to nip him being forced out in the bud.

JFK is not selling the players, the ED(F) is, he is doing that to raise funds because the owner is not using his own wedge to buy players, they are buying players they all think can improve the team now & in the short term keep the club up. The collective will be doing this. We cant have a 5 year vision while we are in a relegation battle.

Everyone turns to old heads at a time of need KK brought Kilkline & Sheedy in, Arry brought a stack of knowns in from Spurs when at Pompey, Bruce at Birmingham brought in Dugarry. I think it would be great if the club went out signed Chrisantus & Kroos but now is not the time.

The whole team was up for grabs on transfer deadline day in the summer, we had the embarrassing situation of Joey Barton texting Jim White on SSN saying he is not going anywhere, just to nip him being forced out in the bud.

JFK is not selling the players, the ED(F) is, he is doing that to raise funds because the owner is not using his own wedge to buy players, they are buying players they all think can improve the team now & in the short term keep the club up. The collective will be doing this. We cant have a 5 year vision while we are in a relegation battle.

Everyone turns to old heads at a time of need KK brought Kilkline & Sheedy in, Arry brought a stack of knowns in from Spurs when at Pompey, Bruce at Birmingham brought in Dugarry. I think it would be great if the club went out signed Chrisantus & Kroos but now is not the time.

The rumour about all of the players being up for sale is just that, a rumour.

As for Barton, it was Keegan who got him to text SSN and say he was staying and there wasn't even a club in for him, the only thing he was doing at St James was watching the reserves.

As for Barton, it was Keegan who got him to text SSN and say he was staying and there wasn't even a club in for him, the only thing he was doing at St James was watching the reserves.

Anything negative about that summer you dismiss.

I remember at the time Pompey being linked Barton. Where did you get all that stuff from?

Are you going to respond to my question about what happened to the £12m from the Milner sale, Baggio?

I thought it was going straight back into the transfer fund. Now Kinnear is saying he has to sell before he can buy. Something doesn't add up there, does it?

I remember at the time Pompey being linked Barton. Where did you get all that stuff from?

That journalist that posts on the Rovers forum said that he made that rumour up. It was stupid thinking back, something like Barton going to Portsmouth and Diarra going to Spurs. What the fuck was in it for us?

I hate transfer windows.

That journalist that posts on the Rovers forum said that he made that rumour up. It was stupid thinking back, something like Barton going to Portsmouth and Diarra going to Spurs. What the f*** was in it for us?

I hate transfer windows.

Good old Nico :lol:

I don't dismiss it at all but there is no proof that it happened, it's rumour.

As for Barton, on the day of the transfer window when the news about Barton could be off our good friend Niko said something along the lines of "He's at the ground watching the game, the reporters up there think it's a stunt but they're not sure why"

Turns out to be bang on too. As for Redknapp, he's not shy in making it known if he's interested in a player or not and said himself he wasn't interested, he thinks he's a decent player but he was watching the youth team play somewhere and didn't know what people were on about when they were coming up to him asking him about Barton.

As for Barton, on the day of the transfer window when the news about Barton could be off our good friend Niko said something along the lines of "He's at the ground watching the game, the reporters up there think it's a stunt but they're not sure why"

I was on the bit about KK telling Barton to text in.

Are you going to respond to my question about what happened to the £12m from the Milner sale, Baggio?

I thought it was going straight back into the transfer fund. Now Kinnear is saying he has to sell before he can buy. Something doesn't add up there, does it?

I haven't seen your question.

Half of it went on Xisco, not sure about the other half but kinnear said the other day he might have £6 million.

I was on the bit about KK telling Barton to text in.

That's where I got it from, it was done as a stunt but they were not sure why and no club was interested in him.

1303: "Novo must stay! Ferguson can go to Newcastle, I'll even get the ferry over and drive him down myself if he wants! Kevin Thomson is the midfielder we miss the most at the moment." Text from Ian Hoy, Belfast. Get teen texting on 80295

The bad stuff is rumour and the nice explanation is fact.

We all believe what suits us.

Fair enough. I think given what's gone on though it's quite easy to believe the bad news now.

Reading your posts one would think nothing has happened.

tbf it says that bids for jonas and colo would 'be considered', thats stating the f***ing obvious and a long way from saying they're 'up for sale'

Howay man, everybody has a price, thus everyone is up for sale! If you think otherwise you are dillusional

we're arguing the same point lurch

If he wants to sell Jonas and Colo because he doesn't rate them (despite playing them in every single game since he's been here) then fine.

What you seem to be missing is that he seemingly might have to sell them to raise funds. Which is totally unacceptable in my view.

What happened to the £12m from the Milner sale?

that is exactly right.

I thought Bouba Diop was injured for a while? I would sign Ferguson, but mainly due to the fact we struggle in midfield. I would rather keep Enrique as he shows in glimpses that he has potential. I would rather let Smith (although he is also injured aswell) leave before Xisco as I don't think he has been given a fair chance.