Hull City - wtf?

Dave

This city needs it man... it really does :lol:

Is it going to improve the worst education system in the country, or do you think they'll concentrate on sex eduction to make sure that Hull isn't top of the "league table" for mothers under the age of 16?

Why on earth do you think the city needs the football club to be in the Premiership? It's a rugby city, and always will be.

Is it going to improve the worst education system in the country, or do you think they'll concentrate on sex eduction to make sure that Hull isn't top of the "league table" for mothers under the age of 16?

Why on earth do you think the city needs the football club to be in the Premiership? It's a rugby city, and always will be.

Well, there you go.

Surely for a city like Hull anything positive in relation to sport can only be a good thing. As far as I've seen from a personal level it's got more kids involved with football (I coach here), there's loads more orange and black shirts about, people I know are talking about little else aside from the football. Landlord, the lads I know who are from here and the surrounding areas, all the handymen I've had out to my place over the past month (there's been a few)... all that's on people's lips is how the team is doing. People are buzzing. That was not happening last season until they made it to the playoffs.

There are more opportunities opening up at the university thanks to an increased interest in Hull and Phil Brown and how they've been doing so well - at least in my subject area. We've had a lot of involvement with HCFC for a lot of years as far as sports science goes from the academies upwards and it's getting us attention because of that.

It's generating income for the city in the fact it's a near sell-out sporting event that they can host every 2 weeks, it'll be bringing sponsorship into the area, the pubs around me are absolutely rammed when they're on the TV now, which they certainly weren't last season. The atmosphere inside the pubs on a matchday and about the streets is brilliant. It's all money for what is apparently the poorest city in the UK.

I struggle to see how it hasn't been a majorly positive thing for the city, to be honest. The difference between the last time I was here (May) and now is easily noticeable. Obviously it's not the answer to all of Hull's problems (and there's a lot of them), but I'd be amazed if you were to look into it and see it made no difference - or had a negative effect - on at least some of them.

Many more teams I'd wish relegation upon first, and not just because I'm living here at the minute. Bolton, Wigan, Stoke easily before them.

... Spurs?

I dunno. For as much as I dislike them, they're a proper club with a strong history and a big fanbase. I think the PL would be worse-off without them... and we'd potentially be 6 points down per season...

Guest Stephen927

Their real test will come when they lose a game, how they'll pick themselves up from it.

They're on a good run, certainly far better than anybody could have expected of them. They've rode their luck a little bit at times but that shouldn't take anything away from their fantastic attitude towards every game they play. In that respect, a few of our players should be taking notes.

Guest quklaani

Their real test will come when they lose a game, how they'll pick themselves up from it.

Like if they were say, spanked 5-0 at home by Wigan?  Won four, drawn one since then...

Like if they were say, spanked 5-0 at home by Wigan?  Won four, drawn one since then...

They were against us in that following game, though. :rolleyes:

You're right though. And it's even more impressive that they've followed up the Arsenal victory with two more wins. Remarkable start.

Sick of them already. They won't go down this season but hopefully next they'll sink like a stone.

Agree with that.

Thought the manager, team and fans acted like a bunch of cocks with a certain attitude they didn't need to have.

I thought that of Craig Fagan and Marlon King, who are both utter cunts. They won't last as players in this league, though - i'm sure of that. They can smuggify their way through this season, but they'll be back in the lower regions before long - either with Hull or someone else. I quite like Phil Brown though, think he's pretty professional and i admire his persona, sorta thing. He doesn't appear to be above his station and just looks like he's absolutely loving being in the Premiership, without gloating and the like.

Guest icemanblue

Sick of them already. They won't go down this season but hopefully next they'll sink like a stone.

:knuppel2:

Apart from Brown being a bit of a dodgy cunt with where he's from and what his team is, I'm glad to see them doing well. It's buzzing round these parts at the minute, could hear the atmosphere from the game in my flat today (only live 5 mins away, like). Many more teams I'd wish relegation upon first, and not just because I'm living here at the minute. Bolton, Wigan, Stoke easily before them.

What's that meant to mean, like? What's wrong with Whiteleas?!

Guest Jawesome

Apart from Brown being a bit of a dodgy cunt with where he's from and what his team is, I'm glad to see them doing well. It's buzzing round these parts at the minute, could hear the atmosphere from the game in my flat today (only live 5 mins away, like). Many more teams I'd wish relegation upon first, and not just because I'm living here at the minute. Bolton, Wigan, Stoke easily before them.

Whats right with it?

:lol:

Guest icemanblue

Whats right with it?

Lovely place. Cultural hub of South Tyneside, man! My Dad grew up with him, says he's a bit of a nutter but I wouldn't say dodgy, like. Really pleased to see him doing well.

Guest sittingontheball

Its maybe a sign that we shouldn't be too worried yet. Even with no manager and protests galore we weren't that far off them. That was after giving them two goals on a going nowhere penalty and an AWOL defence from our own corner.

Guest toonlass

They have Chelsea and Man U in successive games in a couple of weeks. Lets see how they get through that. If they manage to pick up points from those two games I would be surprised, but then again they did it against Arsenal. If they lose both though, it will be interesting to see how they react and pick themselves up from that.

They have Chelsea and Man U in successive games in a couple of weeks. Lets see how they get through that. If they manage to pick up points from those two games I would be surprised, but then again they did it against Arsenal. If they lose both though, it will be interesting to see how they react and pick themselves up from that.

Got hammered off Wigan at home and recovered well.