Newcastle 2 - 2 Manchester City - 20/10/08 - post match reaction from page 18

Decky

Guest LucaAltieri

4 penalties have been given against us no? Arsenal, Everton, Man City and Bolton...

Hull as well.

5 in 8 League games.

A shocking statistic.

4... we beat Bolton 1-0.

Still bad, mind.

Yeah, but Bolton were still given a penalty for Taylors 2 handballs. Given saved.

Aye, forgot about that.

Guest ryunufc

Loved Ameobi's shanked finish. Went about 90 degrees wide of where he was aiming it. :lol:

As for the penalty, well with a slow-mo replay you can see Beye got the ball but it's hard to blame the ref for giving a penalty when you see it full speed and from his angle. Maybe we can appeal and get it overturned and have Beye back for the mackem game?

Styles' angle was his own fault for not keeping up with play and the change in ball direction showed Beye got a clear touch.

The assistant ref should have a better view, I think this one can get overturned

If you're in doubt and can't verify it with your assistant, I'm not sure it's fair to give it.

Styles wasn't in doubt though, these kinda situations are his bread & butter. Couldn't wait to whip the card out.

Guest LucaAltieri

If you're in doubt and can't verify it with your assistant, I'm not sure it's fair to give it.

Styles wasn't in doubt though, these kinda situations are his bread & butter. Couldn't wait to whip the card out.

You don't get famous by keeping your cards in your pocket. He's got book deals to think about.

Loved Ameobi's shanked finish. Went about 90 degrees wide of where he was aiming it. :lol:

As for the penalty, well with a slow-mo replay you can see Beye got the ball but it's hard to blame the ref for giving a penalty when you see it full speed and from his angle. Maybe we can appeal and get it overturned and have Beye back for the mackem game?

You absolutely out of your f***** mind, hes bad positioned and he doesnt even care like following up the play (fat f***) then he just gives a pen, and if it was because of the touch then hes outside of the box, give the red but not the pen. Either way its one of the worst decision ive seen against us...

If you genuinely think that, you can't have been watching us for long!

And sure, it was a bad decision. Slow motion replays show that. And the decision has massive repurcussions given where on the pitch it occurred, our league position and how long was gone in the game etc. So you could argue it was one of the most important mistakes a ref has made against us, but it was far from being the 'worst mistake' which is a totally different thing altogether.

Styles' angle was his own fault for not keeping up with play and the change in ball direction showed Beye got a clear touch.

The assistant ref should have a better view, I think this one can get overturned

The assistant ref probably wouldn't have seen the change in direction of the ball, so perhaps hard to blame him as well. Just a case of "shit happens" for me with this one, much as I'd like to find a reason to cover the ref in petrol and set him ablaze in the middle of Eldon Square.

You don't get famous by keeping your cards in your pocket. He's got book deals to think about.

trigger happy ref, always has been. 15 reds in 34 games last season, compare to someone like alan wiley, 3 reds in 40 games. shocking record.