Newcastle 2 - 2 Manchester City - 20/10/08 - post match reaction from page 18

Decky

Thought the whole team played their arses off for the shirt last night,Colcoccini was world class in his performance and the atmosphere and backing for the lads  that the crowd created was brilliant.Hats off to Joe for not resorting to negative tactics when so many other managers would have done.The guy is really starting to impress me.Give him an extended contract maybe?

One word for you, Roeder.  He's doing well, lets support him but don't do anything stupid.

What? Roeder was the best manager we've had since Keegan I.

Thought the whole team played their arses off for the shirt last night,Colcoccini was world class in his performance and the atmosphere and backing for the lads  that the crowd created was brilliant.Hats off to Joe for not resorting to negative tactics when so many other managers would have done.The guy is really starting to impress me.Give him an extended contract maybe?

One word for you, Roeder.  He's doing well, lets support him but don't do anything stupid.

What? Roeder was the best manager we've had since Keegan I.

I know!  I merely wanted to put that out there so I could jump to his defence with eloquence and wit.  He erm, never, erm blamed things on injuries ever, and he referred to himself in the third person at times, everyone knows only gifted people do that.

Felt so good for most of the match. The way the time was ticking on I thought we would sneak the win but never mind cant complain with a draw when we were a goal down 10 men.

Given 8  Showed his worth again to the team. Glad he is finally back to his best. Not many other keepers in the prem would have saved that shot.

Beye-4 Unlucky to be sent off but maybe shouldnt have been so rash in going in for the tackle.

Taylor- 6 Didnt seem to do as much as Colo but harried and pressed wherever possible.

Coloccini- 8 Best performance so far for us. Showed he is strong and dominant and wont be beaten by pace

Bassong- 5 Looked shaky at times but Still would much rather have him there than Nzog or Enrique and is defo one for future.

Geremi- 7 Showed why he is No.1 assister with his wicked balls in and didnt shirk responsibility at right back.

Butt- 7 Cut out some clear cut chances for them. May be past it but seemed to find his extra gear today

Guthrie- 7 Scott parker the second with a bit more guile and can pick out a pass now and again. Seems right selling emre now we have someone fit in centre mid who doesnt wimp out of tackles.

Duff- 8 Looked to have his pace back at times, definately the best ive seen him play for us and could have got a goal.

Martins- 6 Still looks hit and miss but his pace helped us today.

Ameobi- 8 Reminded me of the Ameobi who showed up once in a while against the Arsenal, good performance but lets hope he can build on it.

I know he scored but Ameobi was wank mate.

No he wasnt.

I bet you'd be saying that if he hadn't have scored, his control and distribution was poor for the majority.

No it wasnt. He won the ball in the air, put pressure on their defenders, distributed tha ball when covered by more than one player and set up what should have been a goal.

You clearly have no idea how to judge a centre forward's performance as you would have to put the word "shite" next to more than 50 of shearer's performances for this club if you say that for Ameobi last night. He wasnt wonderful but he looked like a premiership squad attacker and that will do for me.

Have you ever played football before mate?

Felt so good for most of the match. The way the time was ticking on I thought we would sneak the win but never mind cant complain with a draw when we were a goal down 10 men.

Given 8  Showed his worth again to the team. Glad he is finally back to his best. Not many other keepers in the prem would have saved that shot.

Beye-4 Unlucky to be sent off but maybe shouldnt have been so rash in going in for the tackle.

Taylor- 6 Didnt seem to do as much as Colo but harried and pressed wherever possible.

Coloccini- 8 Best performance so far for us. Showed he is strong and dominant and wont be beaten by pace

Bassong- 5 Looked shaky at times but Still would much rather have him there than Nzog or Enrique and is defo one for future.

Geremi- 7 Showed why he is No.1 assister with his wicked balls in and didnt shirk responsibility at right back.

Butt- 7 Cut out some clear cut chances for them. May be past it but seemed to find his extra gear today

Guthrie- 7 Scott parker the second with a bit more guile and can pick out a pass now and again. Seems right selling emre now we have someone fit in centre mid who doesnt wimp out of tackles.

Duff- 8 Looked to have his pace back at times, definately the best ive seen him play for us and could have got a goal.

Ameobi- 8 Reminded me of the Ameobi who showed up once in a while against the Arsenal, good performance but lets hope he can build on it.

I know he scored but Ameobi was w*** mate.

No he wasnt.

I bet you'd be saying that if he hadn't have scored, his control and distribution was poor for the majority.

No it wasnt. He won the ball in the air, put pressure on their defenders, distributed tha ball when covered by more than one player and set up what should have been a goal.

You clearly have no idea how to judge a centre forward's performance as you would have to put the word "s****" next to more than 50 of shearer's performances for this club if you say that for Ameobi last night. He wasnt wonderful but he looked like a premiership squad attacker and that will do for me.

:lol:

Shola was top last night, anyone who says otherwise is racist.

I know he scored but Ameobi was w*** mate.

No he wasnt.

You clearly have no idea how to judge a centre forward's performance as you would have to put the word "s****" next to more than 50 of shearer's performances for this club if you say that for Ameobi last night. He wasnt wonderful but he looked like a premiership squad attacker and that will do for me.

:lol:

Shola was top last night, anyone who says otherwise is racist.

Maybe my view would have still been the same if he scored a hat-trick :) I still don't think he was great, started sloppy, I'll admit he did well in spells and I hope he does start producing some good performances but Colo was on another level to everyone else.

Great entertainment, great atmosphere, shocking refereeing.

Given 8  Made a couple of world class saves

f*** me!!! that save he made from Ireland's volley was a thing of absolute beauty!!! that save should be used as an example when training young keepers. one of the best I have ever seen

Indeed, deserved to be a match winning save. Sublime volley from Ireland, just got the right curve on it, but Given did extremely well to get to it.

Up there with his saves against Philips and Gudjohnsen as one of his best saves for the club.

no chance was it as good as either of those

Watch it again. Outstanding timing and technique. I would say it was a more difficult save to make than the Philips one, as he had to get across his goaline and down in a flash. Also, to kill the ball's wicked spin and velocity was spectacular as it is.

Guest palnese

i can remember him making a great save a couple of years ago when wor big titus "cleared" a ball in the his own magic way. Given got it with his head or summit..

Guest newcastle4life

Team will get results and out of trouble if they play like against city just a shame bad ref and late goal cost two more points apart from that was happy with the 10 man peformance.