Newcastle 2 - 2 Manchester City - 20/10/08 - post match reaction from page 18

Decky

Guest nufc_kev

Great entertainment, great atmosphere, shocking refereeing.

Given 8  Made a couple of world class saves

f*** me!!! that save he made from Ireland's volley was a thing of absolute beauty!!! that save should be used as an example when training young keepers. one of the best I have ever seen

Indeed, deserved to be a match winning save. Sublime volley from Ireland, just got the right curve on it, but Given did extremely well to get to it.

Up there with his saves against Philips and Gudjohnsen as one of his best saves for the club.

Felt so good for most of the match. The way the time was ticking on I thought we would sneak the win but never mind cant complain with a draw when we were a goal down 10 men.

Given 8  Showed his worth again to the team. Glad he is finally back to his best. Not many other keepers in the prem would have saved that shot.

Beye-4 Unlucky to be sent off but maybe shouldnt have been so rash in going in for the tackle.

Taylor- 6 Didnt seem to do as much as Colo but harried and pressed wherever possible.

Coloccini- 8 Best performance so far for us. Showed he is strong and dominant and wont be beaten by pace

Bassong- 5 Looked shaky at times but Still would much rather have him there than Nzog or Enrique and is defo one for future.

Geremi- 7 Showed why he is No.1 assister with his wicked balls in and didnt shirk responsibility at right back.

Butt- 7 Cut out some clear cut chances for them. May be past it but seemed to find his extra gear today

Guthrie- 7 Scott parker the second with a bit more guile and can pick out a pass now and again. Seems right selling emre now we have someone fit in centre mid who doesnt wimp out of tackles.

Duff- 8 Looked to have his pace back at times, definately the best ive seen him play for us and could have got a goal.

Martins- 6 Still looks hit and miss but his pace helped us today.

Ameobi- 8 Reminded me of the Ameobi who showed up once in a while against the Arsenal, good performance but lets hope he can build on it.

I know he scored but Ameobi was wank mate.

Beye-4 Unlucky to be sent off but maybe shouldnt have been so rash in going in for the tackle.

What was "rash" about this tackle? Robinho was through into the box and only had Given to beat. Beye would never have caught him. The only chance to prevent Robinho from scoring was to try to sneak the ball away from Robinho with this kind of tackle - which he did with great perfection. Only that Styles got his decision wrong as usual.

Yes but even thought he slightly touched the ball there was every chance it could have gone wrong, so thats why im calling it rash.

A decent result in the circumstances, but one that keeps the pressure well & truly on because I will be surprised if the side gets anything at the Stadium of S---e...this is Sunderland's best chance to beat us at their place for years, and I think they will do it, probably by 2 goals ; Cisse will be the difference because his pace will really trouble Taylor & Coloccini. They are a better all-round side than us, even if they haven't got as many class players...but then, Hull also fall into that category at the moment.

Only Spurs' appalling form is keeping us off the bottom, and they have the players to improve dramatically.

Jeez, bit of a negative view on the whole thing don't you think? Aye, we've been rubbish and need to pick up points. But performances are improving and players are returning from injury - the only way is up!

:indi:

No, I DON'T think its a 'negative view on things'...I think it sums up the situation.

Sadly, the 'only way' ISN'T up - its also down, and the Derby game is an unlikely place for any recovery to start, unfortunately...

You will learn to avoid excessive exuberance when you have been a supporter of NUFC as long as I have.

We are where we are because we deserve to be - the table doesn't lie, and we have been playing relegation football.

Felt so good for most of the match. The way the time was ticking on I thought we would sneak the win but never mind cant complain with a draw when we were a goal down 10 men.

Given 8  Showed his worth again to the team. Glad he is finally back to his best. Not many other keepers in the prem would have saved that shot.

Taylor- 6 Didnt seem to do as much as Colo but harried and pressed wherever possible.

Coloccini- 8 Best performance so far for us. Showed he is strong and dominant and wont be beaten by pace

Bassong- 5 Looked shaky at times but Still would much rather have him there than Nzog or Enrique and is defo one for future.

Geremi- 7 Showed why he is No.1 assister with his wicked balls in and didnt shirk responsibility at right back.

Butt- 7 Cut out some clear cut chances for them. May be past it but seemed to find his extra gear today

Guthrie- 7 Scott parker the second with a bit more guile and can pick out a pass now and again. Seems right selling emre now we have someone fit in centre mid who doesnt wimp out of tackles.

Duff- 8 Looked to have his pace back at times, definately the best ive seen him play for us and could have got a goal.

Ameobi- 8 Reminded me of the Ameobi who showed up once in a while against the Arsenal, good performance but lets hope he can build on it.

I know he scored but Ameobi was w*** mate.

I wouldnt say that he created 3-4 opportunities, scored and genrally put himself about a bit.

No he wasnt.

Guest Heneage

f*** me!!! that save he made from Ireland's volley was a thing of absolute beauty!!! that save should be used as an example when training young keepers. one of the best I have ever seen

One handed as well.

No he wasnt.

I bet you'd be saying that if he hadn't have scored, his control and distribution was poor for the majority.

A decent result in the circumstances, but one that keeps the pressure well & truly on because I will be surprised if the side gets anything at the Stadium of S---e...this is Sunderland's best chance to beat us at their place for years, and I think they will do it, probably by 2 goals ; Cisse will be the difference because his pace will really trouble Taylor & Coloccini. They are a better all-round side than us, even if they haven't got as many class players...but then, Hull also fall into that category at the moment.

Only Spurs' appalling form is keeping us off the bottom, and they have the players to improve dramatically.

Jeez, bit of a negative view on the whole thing don't you think? Aye, we've been rubbish and need to pick up points. But performances are improving and players are returning from injury - the only way is up!

No, I DON'T think its a 'negative view on things'...I think it sums up the situation.

Sadly, the 'only way' ISN'T up - its also down, and the Derby game is an unlikely place for any recovery to start, unfortunately...

You will learn to avoid excessive exuberance when you have been a supporter of NUFC as long as I have.

We are where we are because we deserve to be - the table doesn't lie, and we have been playing relegation football.

jeez mate, we're not even down yet :lol:

What was "rash" about this tackle? Robinho was through into the box and only had Given to beat. Beye would never have caught him. The only chance to prevent Robinho from scoring was to try to sneak the ball away from Robinho with this kind of tackle - which he did with great perfection. Only that Styles got his decision wrong as usual.

Yes but even thought he slightly touched the ball there was every chance it could have gone wrong, so thats why im calling it rash.

So he should have just made no effort and let Robinho score then?

So he should have just made no effort and let Robinho score then?

Yup, and some would've still gone after Beye saying he bottled it, and is a cunt mercenary not fit to lace the boots of Nattrass

No he wasnt.

I bet you'd be saying that if he hadn't have scored, his control and distribution was poor for the majority.

No it wasnt. He won the ball in the air, put pressure on their defenders, distributed tha ball when covered by more than one player and set up what should have been a goal.

You clearly have no idea how to judge a centre forward's performance as you would have to put the word "shite" next to more than 50 of shearer's performances for this club if you say that for Ameobi last night. He wasnt wonderful but he looked like a premiership squad attacker and that will do for me.

Guest neesy111

No he wasnt.

he ruffed up dunne, which had an effect for the OG he scored as well, almost made it 3-1 and put a beauty of a ball accross the the man city backline unfortunly no-one was near

hopefully he will have the confidence now, as we are gonna need him at times this season

Indeed, deserved to be a match winning save. Sublime volley from Ireland, just got the right curve on it, but Given did extremely well to get to it.

Up there with his saves against Philips and Gudjohnsen as one of his best saves for the club.

no chance was it as good as either of those

I know he scored but Ameobi was w*** mate.

Was our second best player. Was good at his job, won a lot of free kicks and created three chances. That through ball for Duff, and that cross in the second half were both quality.

Guest JamesyJazz

Thought the whole team played their arses off for the shirt last night,Colcoccini was world class in his performance and the atmosphere and backing for the lads  that the crowd created was brilliant.Hats off to Joe for not resorting to negative tactics when so many other managers would have done.The guy is really starting to impress me.Give him an extended contract maybe?

Thought the whole team played their arses off for the shirt last night,Colcoccini was world class in his performance and the atmosphere and backing for the lads  that the crowd created was brilliant.Hats off to Joe for not resorting to negative tactics when so many other managers would have done.The guy is really starting to impress me.Give him an extended contract maybe?

Indeed hats off. :thup: If anything Man City were the negative ones until we took the lead.

Well I beg to differ, concentrating on what nightmares might happen just when things are picking up is unduly negative.

I don't think that thinking we might move up from where we are is 'excessive exuberance' - I'm not a Newcastle fan to dream up all of the nightmare scenarios that could befall the club.

Chin up dude, the recovery has already begun.

What a load of bobbins.

Tosh, defenders would never challenge as they copuld possibly touch another player. 

It was a quick decision from wank face.  He got the fucker wrong.

There's every chance any tackle can go wrong.  There's every chance someone can miss a penalty.  There's every chance someone can score an OG.

I think football as a whole needs to be cancelled, it's just too damn risky!

One word for you, Roeder.  He's doing well, lets support him but don't do anything stupid.