Craig Burley is (not) a Geordie hero

Golfmag

I was a bit embarrassed for Burely. He's a dickhead trying to make a name for himself.

It was a bad call but the majority would have given it.

If anything Styles only got it wrong by not consulting his linesman, who was better placed.

Rubbish.  Burley was only speaking the truth, the majority wouldn't have given it, and Styles was in a much better position to give the decision than the linesman because he could see the ball change direction whereas the linesman couldn't.

Guest Mcdonald36

I was a bit embarrassed for Burely. He's a dickhead trying to make a name for himself.

If anything Styles only got it wrong by not consulting his linesman, who was better placed.

Rubbish.  Burley was only speaking the truth, the majority wouldn't have given it, and Styles was in a much better position to give the decision than the linesman because he could see the ball change direction whereas the linesman couldn't.

Rubbish, obviously.

Guest Nufc4Life

Jesus, seriously if you dont hate Sunderland, even if you dont get the hate because you're not from the area, just read a few topics on that forum and its fucking unbelivable.

They are so obsessed with us that we cant do anything wrong, and even a glaringly wrong decision against us, they STILL make out we're wrong, and go into personal insults about our teeth etc. Jesus man, they are absolutely clusless, mackem bastards.

Jesus, seriously if you dont hate Sunderland, even if you dont get the hate because you're not from the area, just read a few topics on that forum and its fucking unbelivable.

They are so obsessed with us that we cant do anything wrong, and even a glaringly wrong decision against us, they STILL make out we're wrong, and go into personal insults about our teeth etc. Jesus man, they are absolutely clusless, mackem bastards.

Things are going well for them, you'd think they'd be focusing wholly on that. I know I would if I supported them.

Styles loves dishing out cards and making the big calls, he's a primma donna ref and always has been. as i said in the match thread, last season he gave out 15 reds in 34 games, almost one every other match ffs! in contrast alan wiley gave out 3 in 40 games, Howard Webb 2 in 38, Foy 6 in 34, Halsey 5 in 41. his record in dishing out the punishment is staggeringly s*** and wildly out of control.

i discussed this with Paul Mosley a couple of years ago when it seemed styles had matured and calmed down somewhat, but he's just gone back to being a trigger happy c***.

Can't argue with any of that. He's hopeless, and got it wrong tonight. But it was a difficult call and I think the vast majority would have given it.

Burley's reaction was way over the top.

Wasn't Burley's reactions not more towards the way in which Poll was defending the decision (which was basically any way possible) rather then the decision itself though?

These guys seem to disagree . Amazing how they have 5 pages on it on a Scum forum . Amazing they have computers

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=360682&page=2

They're obsessed with us, really. Imagine if we had a 5 page thread about a dodgy decision in one of their games. Just wouldn't happen.

Tottenham however....

We don't go on about them anywhere near as much as the SMB do about us.

Guest Nufc4Life

Things are going well for them, you'd think they'd be focusing wholly on that. I know I would if I supported them.

Exactly. They stayed up last season, they look like they'll consolodate this season, have a decent little side, not amazing, but a definate premiership quality side, yet they still focus on us all the fucking time. I really think that if Sunderland won the league, the first thing they;d do is come down to St James' to celebrate and tell us how shit we are etc, unbelievable.

Styles is consistently sh!t, but hey why drop shit ref's?  Riley and Styles are making a nice career of being incompetant.  Two games refereed by Styles this season and two dodgy penalties.  Bet he's looking for his hat-trick.

Rubbish, obviously.

Rob Styles was walking around in the centre circle rather than being up with the play, he was in no position to make a huge decision that is going to shape the rest of the game. Styles took a 50/50 gamble and got it wrong. He is an egotistic cunt of a referee who wants to see his name in the paper the following morning rather than the players. Cunts like him shouldn't referee at this level.

Guest Jawesome

These guys seem to disagree . Amazing how they have 5 pages on it on a Scum forum . Amazing they have computers

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=360682&page=2

They're obsessed with us, really. Imagine if we had a 5 page thread about a dodgy decision in one of their games. Just wouldn't happen.

Tottenham however....

We don't go on about them anywhere near as much as the SMB do about us.

it looked like a penna to me. he should get 10 games at least, could have ended the valiant robhino's career. great twattish pen aswell. like yorkie in his prime, stopped before he struck it. good stuff.

K mate.

Guest Heneage

Don't forget this is the man who gave Man Utd the penalty the other week after an equally well-timed tackle from Samuel.

Dropping bollocks like that and just carrying on as usual. Nice work if you can get it.

Hes only stayed because he said sorry. Dropped clangers in merseyside Derby and many other games, chats to players like its an airport lounge.

• 6 months later...

Apparently he suffered an injury against us that kept him out for over a year. (Not that I remember mind) But it might explain why he abhors us so much.

The stupid cunt was straight in mentioning Barton's assault on that guy in Liverpool city centre when he made the tackle. As far as I know Barton isn't a drunkard anymore and it was just a badly timed and badly executed tackle. Was genuinely shocked that Burley didn't play the race card and mention that Barton's half brother murderded a young black man with an icepick.

The stupid c*** was straight in mentioning Barton's assault on that guy in Liverpool city centre when he made the tackle. As far as I know Barton isn't a drunkard anymore and it was just a badly timed and badly executed tackle. Was genuinely shocked that Burley didn't play the race card and mention that Barton's half brother murderded a young black man with an icepick.

I didn't see why they brought that assault up. Nor the need to point out that he was an Evertonian after the tackle on Alonso? It's not like he even played for us.

The commentators now are just idiots, trying to sensationalise any little thing, with Setanta probably being the worst of the lot.