Craig Burley is (not) a Geordie hero

Golfmag

Just very, very aggressively attacked Graham Poll who was trying to defend the indefensible (that the Man City City penalty was a foul). Not since Keegan's rant all those years ago have I heard a football person come off the fence like that. God, I really hated him as well!

Haha,  was good viewing.  Said to Poll that as soon as he heard he was sitting in the studio,  he knew he was gonna side with the ref's no matter what.  Also,  mocked him a little over the fact Poll said Joey Barton had made a good tackle tonight.

Well played Burley.

Guest palnese

Just very, very aggressively attacked Graham Poll who was trying to defend the indefensible (that the Man City City penalty was a foul). Not since Keegan's rant all those years ago have I heard a football person come off the fence like that. God, I really hated him as well!

Joe Kinnear? :D

cant believe the amount of twats in the audience who agree with Poll "in this case, its a contentious call, why can't we back the referee?"

cos it's not a foul you cuntfaced shithog.

Two of those fuckers were grinning Man City fans.

Guest Mcdonald36

I was a bit embarrassed for Burely. He's a dickhead trying to make a name for himself.

It was a bad call but the majority would have given it.

If anything Styles only got it wrong by not consulting his linesman, who was better placed.

I was a bit embarrassed for Burely. He's a dickhead trying to make a name for himself.

If anything Styles only got it wrong by not consulting his linesman, who was better placed.

Styles loves dishing out cards and making the big calls, he's a primma donna ref and always has been. as i said in the match thread, last season he gave out 15 reds in 34 games, almost one every other match ffs! in contrast alan wiley gave out 3 in 40 games, Howard Webb 2 in 38, Foy 6 in 34, Halsey 5 in 41. his record in dishing out the punishment is staggeringly shit and wildly out of control.

i discussed this with Paul Mosley a couple of years ago when it seemed styles had matured and calmed down somewhat, but he's just gone back to being a trigger happy cunt.

Styles loves dishing out cards and making the big calls, he's a primma donna ref and always has been. as i said in the match thread, last season he gave out 15 reds in 34 games, almost one every other match ffs! in contrast alan wiley gave out 3 in 40 games, Howard Webb 2 in 38, Foy 6 in 34, Halsey 5 in 41. his record in dishing out the punishment is staggeringly shit and wildly out of control.

Bloody hell those stats are a bit scary as far as Styles is concerned  :kasper:

Don't forget this is the man who gave Man Utd the penalty the other week after an equally well-timed tackle from Samuel.

Dropping bollocks like that and just carrying on as usual. Nice work if you can get it.

Don't forget this is the man who gave Man Utd the penalty the other week after an equally well-timed tackle from Samuel.

Dropping bollocks like that and just carrying on as usual. Nice work if you can get it.

I was convinced it was the same ref. Cheers Dave. What a cunt you are Rob Styles  :angry:

Guest Mcdonald36

Styles loves dishing out cards and making the big calls, he's a primma donna ref and always has been. as i said in the match thread, last season he gave out 15 reds in 34 games, almost one every other match ffs! in contrast alan wiley gave out 3 in 40 games, Howard Webb 2 in 38, Foy 6 in 34, Halsey 5 in 41. his record in dishing out the punishment is staggeringly s*** and wildly out of control.

i discussed this with Paul Mosley a couple of years ago when it seemed styles had matured and calmed down somewhat, but he's just gone back to being a trigger happy c***.

Can't argue with any of that. He's hopeless, and got it wrong tonight. But it was a difficult call and I think the vast majority would have given it.

Burley's reaction was way over the top.