Other games this weekend

Dave

We were absolutely wretched today, and Milner was the worst of the lot (bar his cross for the goal).

We look really, really tired.

However, a couple of observations:

1. Alves is the best example ever of the fact that scoring squillions of goals in Holland means absolutely jack shit. Worst miss I've ever seen, and I was in the Holte End that day Ronnie Rosenthal missed that chance.

2. Stewart Downing is a very good player. Great range of passing. Wasted at Boro.

3. Outside Chelsea, Man U and (temporarily at least) Liverpool, there really is an awful lot of mediocrity in the PL.

Are they gonna be really really tired for the rest of the season or what? a legit question imo

wasnt that what you said after the game a st. james too?

Well, being as the game at St James' was only 6 days ago, and since then we've played a UEFA cup match in Prague, you don't really need to have the cognitive power of Stephen Hawking to work out that, yes, it might still be a problem.

Are they gonna be really really tired for the rest of the season or what? a legit question imo

Well, being as the game at St James' was only 6 days ago, and since then we've played a UEFA cup match in Prague, you don't really need to have the cognitive power of Stephen Hawking to work out that, yes, it might still be a problem.

Your squad isn't any bigger than ours and you're finding out how hard it is when you have a dozen extra games a season.

With the money spent in the Summer he should have brought in more players.

Your squad isn't any bigger than ours and you're finding out how hard it is when you have a dozen extra games a season.

With the money spent in the Summer he should have brought in more players.

He shoudl certainly have brought in another striker, which is our most obvious weakness at the moment.

Which is why I'm going to stick to my prediction of Villa being unable to compete effectively on both the domestic and European front. Pleased to see them doing well in Europe and I genuinely hope they get far. But, I just can't see them getting past, say the quarters of the UEFA cup, AND finish 5th.

I speak from last season's experience, unfortunately.

Which is why I'm going to stick to my prediction of Villa being unable to compete effectively on both the domestic and European front. Pleased to see them doing well in Europe and I genuinely hope they get far. But, I just can't see them getting past, say the quarters of the UEFA cup, AND finish 5th.

Which is also pretty much what I've been saying on here all season.

We could do well in the UEFA, we could feasibly finish 5th in the league, but we're not going to break the top four, not this season. For me it is about finishing 5th or 6th and cementing our position in the "best of the rest" group.

Whether we'll finish 5th or do well in the UEFA or neither, I honestly don't know, but you'd struggle to find a Villa fan who really thinks we're going to do great things in the league this year.

Which is also pretty much what I've been saying on here all season.

We could do well in the UEFA, we could feasibly finish 5th in the league, but we're not going to break the top four, not this season. For me it is about finishing 5th or 6th and cementing our position in the "best of the rest" group.

Whether we'll finish 5th or do well in the UEFA or neither, I honestly don't know, but you'd struggle to find a Villa fan who really thinks we're going to do great things in the league this year.

Sounds so easy  :lol:

Make sure you have a chairman who's willing to back the club after consolidating a good season with another good performance.

*Angry sigh*