West Brom (H) pre match thread

STM

How the f*** can anyone pick Xisco ahead of Shola? Shola aint great but all you have to have done is watch the evidence with your own eyes that he's been better than Xisco. Xisco may come good but so far he's been way out of his depth.

Come on lads; show some sense.

Shola has been shit for the best part of 2 years until the last 2 games and just like Butt and Duff after a good game or two he'll more than likely return to type.  We've had far too many false dawns now and some have given up on him.

Given, Beye, Taylor, Colo, Enrique, Jonas, Barton, Butt, Duff (N'Zog), Ameobi, Martins

For me.

Need to keep Taylor and Colo consistent through the rough times if we really want to build them up together, Enrique in for Bassong, he offers more coming forward I believe JFK thinks so too given the evidence of his subbing on Saturday, we will have the home support and will look to go attacking so dropping Bassong wouldnt upset me.

I dont have much time for Butt although I think Guthrie isnt quite there yet and right now we need as much experience as we can get. Im undecided on Duff although I think he has more bottle than N'Zog who would work much better in a team with confidence. We need to go get the three points and build some confidence.

Why are people putting our left winger on the right and our right winger on the left? will that not just create a very narrow midfield, with both Jonas and Duff cutting  in? we will have no width at all. And that is where we suffered against the scum, everything went down the middle.

Given

Beye Colo Taylor Enrique

Duff Barton Guthrie Jonas

Martins Ameobi

Agree with that.

If we could put out that team consistently we would have no problems with relegation. I might be tempted to go with Geremi over Duff, but that's all.

Playing Duff on the wing has become pointless. He must have spent at least 90% of the Mackem game in the centre of the park. He can't even do that right.

According to nufc.com, if we lose tomorrow, we match Derby's record from last year for their opening ten games in terms of 1 win, 3 draws and 6 defeats. Worrying.

The big difference being, of course, that we have FAR better players, our results are down to the fact that the club has an interim manager (of average ability) and is in the middle of being sold.

A new manager and new set up COULD change everything. 

According to nufc.com, if we lose tomorrow, we match Derby's record from last year for their opening ten games in terms of 1 win, 3 draws and 6 defeats. Worrying.

FFS,

Having said that we have a much better team then them tho.  And someone pointed out we are only 7 pts of seventh place.

Given Beye Collocini Taylor Enrique Geremi Barton Guthire Gutierrez Martins Shola. That's what team should start.

It will probably be..

Given

Beye

Taylor

Colo

Bass

Jonas

Guthrie

Barton

Duff

Shola

Oba

Jonas has looked better on the left, and Duff will return to being his usual self, i.e doing nothing, so I'd play Geremi on the right and Jonas on the left. I'd also drop Shola for Xisco, but it's understandable that he will start after scoring two in two.