Painful 15m spent

Zero

Look back to the summer transfer......this 15m is completely wasted, the precious 15m that our club probably won't be able to spend anymore within 2 years.

I really, really think the 15m is wasted.

Instead of some decent defenders or a Shearer type striker,

we spend on a left winger and a pacey-but-stupid forward.

The Duff's transfer is quite critical actually.

When he plays at  left wing, N'Zog is waming the bench, completely waste of resources.

And now he even have to play left back, forward, etc.

Is he really needed at Newcastle? Even his performance in left wing sucks, really sucks.

He ran a lot, but he never able to beat a defender one by one, and his crossing is even worse than N'Zog.

His end product is terrible, and that's why Chelsea keep SWP instead of Duff.

He does not worth 5m, while this amount of money should be able to buy a good side back.

Martins, ok, shit, a forward type Bramble.

In theory, he is even faster than Bellamy, or may be the fastest on the soccerpitch.

But how many runs did he has per match?

What I can recall isn't Martins run to openspaces, but Martins trying to set up Ameobi by HEADING.

Fucking hell.

His finishing may improve once he settled, but heis clearly not a player that 100% make use of their talents, like Bramble.

Again and again, he doesn't worth 10m.

From what I see, what we really need is a striker, a player that can convert Milner's or Emre's corssing into goals.

We create plenty of chances, but we are unable to make a good attempt out of them.

We don't need pacy forward, at least, the priority is not the top.

Oh yea, and our 10m forward is injury prone, joining Owen on the sidelines.

Terrible transfer decision leads to terrible outcomes, end of.

There are strengths and weaknesses to Martins game. He will never be another Luque, it is a ridiculous comparison with all due respect. As I have said before, I won't even think of judging him till he's started 12-15 games.

Not the wisest buy, but not the worst either.

Your an idiot.

Duff was probabally the best player in the first half yesterday, doing the opposite of what you said, and yes, beating his man. SWP is an right midfielder by the way. Duff is left. Yes, 2 doesnt fit into 1, but id rather have that problem than wondering who is going to play there.

Martins is a 21 year old who has just moved countries. Most of us are stressed enough when moving house, never mind locating to a new Country. He has the added pressure of coming to a club who think they have a devine right to be challenging the big 4 - me included. He inherits the legendary 9 shirt - speaks for itself. He has come from the Italian league, a totally different style to England. He picked up an injury straight away, and has now picke dup another. He needs confidence, he gets 2 goals then the manager decides to drop him for Shola. Remeber he's still only 21.

Dont blame Duff and Oba, blame the management.................. or Bramble (sorry had to).

Your an idiot.

Duff was probabally the best player in the first half yesterday, doing the opposite of what you said, and yes, beating his man. SWP is an right midfielder by the way. Duff is left. Yes, 2 doesnt fit into 1, but id rather have that problem than wondering who is going to play there.

Martins is a 21 year old who has just moved countries. Most of us are stressed enough when moving house, never mind locating to a new Country. He has the added pressure of coming to a club who think they have a devine right to be challenging the big 4 - me included. He inherits the legendary 9 shirt - speaks for itself. He has come from the Italian league, a totally different style to England. He picked up an injury straight away, and has now picke dup another. He needs confidence, he gets 2 goals then the manager decides to drop him for Shola. Remeber he's still only 21.

Dont blame Duff and Oba, blame the management.................. or Bramble (sorry had to).

:lol:

Stopped reading at this point.

soccerpitch.

Go take yourself outside, and find the nearest taxi, flag it past, jump in front of the nearest car heading to you over 40mph, then we'll all have a better life, some of us may even feel joy at your departure.

:thup:

Guest puretoon

Couldn't agree more with Midds.  Martin's has to be given time-he'll come ok. I think everyone expected Oba to bang in the goals straight away, but as said, he's in a very strange country playing in a totally different type of league and to play Shola after Oba scored twice-just where's GR head?? think his dicks up shola for sure!  don't forget it was GR who said 'I love shola' -if thats his idea of a bloody striker-good grief!

Na-give Oba time.........

Martins is a bad signing - not because he's a bad player, but because he's not 10m worth of player. I used to live in Milan, and my Inter supporting mates could not believe they got that much for him. However, you've got him, so you've got to give him a chance.

Duff, on the other hand, is a quality signing for that money. He'll come good. He's playing in a struggling side at the moment, of course he looks poor, but when things start improving, he'll look like the quality player he is.

Martin's has to be given time-he'll come ok

No. He's had his chance. He deserves to rot in the reserves and at best struggle to make the bench.

:shock:

Please tell me you're either :

(a) Joking

(b) Certified Insane

Martins is a bad signing - not because he's a bad player, but because he's not 10m worth of player. I used to live in Milan, and my Inter supporting mates could not believe they got that much for him. However, you've got him, so you've got to give him a chance.

Duff, on the other hand, is a quality signing for that money. He'll come good. He's playing in a struggling side at the moment, of course he looks poor, but when things start improving, he'll look like the quality player he is.

Agree far from convinced that Martins is worth £10m but thought the same about Henry in Italy so maybe time to let Martins settle in England for this season and see how he fares next.  Duff is a quality player but a poor signing as there were other areas of the squad that needed improvement before another LW was added to the squad.  But he arrived and is talented.  I have far more belief in Duff's ability to go past an opponent than I have in the back 4 (any permutation) to keep a clean sheet.  That's the real problem.

Your an idiot.

I agree entirely with that.

Martin's has to be given time-he'll come ok

No. He's had his chance. He deserves to rot in the reserves and at best struggle to make the bench.

:shock:

Please tell me you're either :

(a) Joking

(b) Certified Insane

Even worse - a Luque supporter :roll:

In hindsight the Duff signing was pointless, even though it was a bargain fee. Just another trophy signing to apease the fans.

If Roeder knew he only had 15 million to spend and still definetely wanted Martins, he should have used that 5 million on a top defender.

The reality of it is, we can't go out and buy another £10million striker, so we have to get behind the one we've got.... who has come in for some quite stupid criticism when to me, he's shown more than enough to suggest he could become a very good signing.... providing the minority who are quick to criticise get behind him.

I agree. Luque should indeed be given a run of games. blueyes.gif

The reality of it is, we can't go out and buy another £10million striker, so we have to get behind the one we've got.... who has come in for some quite stupid criticism when to me, he's shown more than enough to suggest he could become a very good signing.... providing the minority who are quick to criticise get behind him.

No, I said he HAS "shown more than enough to suggest he could become a very good signing".

Well, while we wait for that prediction to come to pass, hows about giving another expensive player with slightly less misfiring shooting boots a chance as well eh.

No, I said he HAS "shown more than enough to suggest he could become a very good signing".

Well, while we wait for that prediction to come to pass, hows about giving another expensive player with slightly less misfiring shooting boots a chance as well eh.

It's not really about his misfiring shooting boots though is it... it's more about his half arsed efforts.

Oh, whatever. :lol: Just give both the beggers a chance. Deal?

In hindsight the Duff signing was pointless, even though it was a bargain fee. Just another trophy signing to apease the fans.

If Roeder knew he only had 15 million to spend and still definetely wanted Martins, he should have used that 5 million on a top defender.

.......... or scumball on a freebie.

Didn't you say your 'ITK' info was that Campbell wanted a £5 million signing on fee? :?

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php/topic,26743.msg501744.html#msg501744

BTW its nice to have you posting on the forum as much as you used to, your posts were few and far between earlier in the season (coincidentally, it was when Spurs were going through a bad patch) but now you're back in full swing. Funny that...

Didn't you say your 'ITK' info was that Campbell wanted a £5 million signing on fee? :?

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php/topic,26743.msg501744.html#msg501744

BTW its nice to have you posting on the forum as much as you used to, your posts were few and far between earlier in the season (coincidentally, it was when Spurs were going through a bad patch) but now you're back in full swing. Funny that...

Signing on fees are generally accepted as wages and wouldn't therefore come out of any transfer kitty.  Even if there had been a transfer fee of £5m he still would have been a far better signing than Duff for the same money.

Thanks for your good wishes  :winking:, the 'bad patch' coincided with our first 3 away games of Bolton, Manu and Liverpool.  No points earned but few fans were amazed by that return.  Spurs are currently 4 points down on the results against the same teams last season (Watford = Sunderland) so I'm not unduly excited or worried by the season so far.