Shearer Yes or No?

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not sure if he'd be my first choice but I'd have him as manager.

On a side note though, you know if we appointed him we'd be a laughing stock, whereas the scum can do it with Keane, West Ham with Zola, even Barcelona with someone of similar stature in Guardiola, but if we do it, then we'd be a laughing stock.

On a side note though, you know if we appointed him we'd be a laughing stock, whereas the scum can do it with Keane, West Ham with Zola, even Barcelona with someone of similar stature in Guardiola, but if we do it, then we'd be a laughing stock.

Agree.

Guest icemanblue

If, as it looks, we're going to be building from the bottom up (again) then I can't see anyone better suited. Certainly, if we want to avoid getting our fingers burned with another Keegan return, then he's the only person that will be granted the required time to see this through.

Shearer yes, Keegan no

But it all depends on the new owners really, and the sort of regime we'll have in place. It's no use bringing Shearer in if he will not be given time by the board AND the fans. Bollocks to the media if you ask me, as they are full of shit more than half the time. However, whoever comes in next, board and manager, need to be given TIME!!! TIME TIME TIME TIME TIME!!!! ffs!!!

Guest sicko2ndbest

Shearer

- Knows the premiership

- Would attract players

- Would get the backing of the fans

- Would be a fantastic figurehead

I think he is exactly what we need!

Guest sicko2ndbest

Maybe make the vote, Shearer, Keegan or neither.

My poll, stay the fuk away if you dont like it :)

:weep:

sorry like

lol

I'm not sure, I instinctively want to get away from the idea that the fans will only accept Geordies and ex-players as manager, narrows our options a lot and makes us look idiotic.

Saying that, if we don't have any other decent options then give him a try.

This. Much prefer it if we had any sort of clue about his managerial prowess beforehand though. Sadly he doesn't seem that bothered about working at a lower level right now.

As I've said in the past, at least if he failed miserably we'd be able to move on.

No. Needs proving.

He could do that here

Would you want to take the risk?

Very few top players make good managers. If we took a risk on him and he turned out to be Souness in disguise we couldn't realistically get rid of him for fear that the masses would go mental again. We can't afford to take a risk in our current situation.

At least if he tries at a League 1\Championship club like Ince we'd know he's half decent.

No. I don't want to see the new owners pander to the mob again. I don't know why people think we couldn't get anyone else, if we get taken over i expect we will be quite attractive, Redknapp has just left Pompey for Spurs ffs.