Shearer Yes or No?

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The only inevitable thing about football managment is that they all get the sack.

Especially so at unstable clubs like ours.

The nightmare scenario of seeing Shearer sacked is too much for me.

A resounding NO! as manager

Guest sicko2ndbest

Perfect opportunity for him

- we have an underperforming squad

- low expectations

- new owners coming in

- he still has a transfer window

Dont think there could be a better time for him myself, just a question of whether he has the bottle or not!

I'd take him now.  Or do we get an experienced foreign manager like Ramos  :doh: ? Shearer knows everything about the premiership, knows the club, knows the city and I think he'd do well.

I don't get this comment. Is it stupid to hire an experienced foreign manager? Would someone like Houllier or Sven be a stupid appointment? Anyway Ramos' record is actually not good pre-Sevilla, very overrated manager.

Guest elbee909

I'd take him now.  Or do we get an experienced foreign manager like Ramos  :doh: ?  Shearer knows everything about the premiership, knows the club, knows the city and I think he'd do well.

On the same note, wouldn't be better off telling Mourinho to do one, and giving Beardsley the job?

- low expectations

- new owners coming in

Dont think there could be a better time for him myself, just a question of whether he has the bottle or not!

It seems we could be in a relegation fight. I just wouldn't like to risk it with him having no experience as a Manager.

- low expectations

- new owners coming in

It seems we could be in a relegation fight. I just wouldn't like to risk it with him having no experience as a Manager.

rewind 16yrs or so

Guest shearer_united

I'd want him to be manager. But not now. Only once the club has proven itself stable and that everything is going well.

I'd take him now.  Or do we get an experienced foreign manager like Ramos  :doh: ?  Shearer knows everything about the premiership, knows the club, knows the city and I think he'd do well.

On the same note, wouldn't be better off telling Mourinho to do one, and giving Beardsley the job?

my point was more around looking at what spurs have done with Gross and Ramos and realising that foreign doesn't always mean better. 

- low expectations

- new owners coming in

Hmm, remember when Forest gave the job to Stuart Pearce on a similar basis? I don't think it's the right time whatsoever for him.