N'Zogbia: Lyon interested according to agent

TêteDeMaure

I cant think of many players in the Prem who have the albilty to go past a player like Zog does.

The ones that definitely can are genreally regarded to be good players.

Can anyone think of a playerwho can go past a man and is still regarded as "not good"? People would say Lennon but i'd argue contrare to that.

I say its the endless running with his head down until he runs into a defender loses posession and the whole team gets caught on the counter. Or maybe the going to sleep at leftback costing goals regardless of his natural position.

He doesn`t score many and for some reason like the rest of the team can`t take a corner or cross spectaculary.

If we get good money I won`t mind at all.

But again, that can be worked on and should of been worked on (Like it was with Ronaldo). I dont think he's had decent run where he's been in the position to score many goals. He's only had one full (ish) season to judge him from and that was in 2006, where he scored 5 goals, for a 20 year old winger in his fisrt season that isnt bad.

The season after, he finds himself on the bench - behind Duff.

I still havent heard anything fundamentally wrong with his game that will forever be a flaw to him, like a lack of pace (like Milner) or a severe lack of footballing intelligence (like Martins).

the fundamental flaw in his game is that he isn't as good as some seem to think. for all you talk about a fundamental flaw you must also think he doesn't have any particularly outstanding qualities either. theres as much chance making a great player out of him through "working on things" as there is with milner.

the comparisson with ronaldo is embarasssing.

So you cant name one?

I dont think he's amazing, i dont think he's anywhere near the same ability as Ronaldo but the comparison is valid.  I think he has very good abilty on the ball and has a quality which not many players have and thats the ability to go past players with relative ease, couple that with better decision making and you have a very very good player.

Do you think that ronaldo would be the player he is if he experinced the same path as Zog?

The example with Milner is invalid on one basis and that is that Milner didnt have the pace to succeed in his position, he was also a terrible crosser which menat his lack of pace was magnified. John robertson is supposed to be a great crossing coahc at Villa, it'll be interesting to see if he can turn Milner into a better player and make up for his lack of pace.

probably as a player with that talent would always have ended up at a top club.

i've said often enough in this thread that he has no nouse,no footballing brain and i don't think that can be "worked on". he may improve but never enough for him to be anywhere near the player some think he is.

With such a subjective question i suppose i cant tell you you're wrong to believe that, but i think you're wrong.

Like i say, you think knowing when to pass and when to dribble is unteachable, i say players like Adebayor, Ronaldo, Henry, Terry, J.Cole, Fabregas have all learnt when to pass the ball etc.

Henry is a perfect example of a player who had brilliant raw talent but was no way the player he was before he came to Arsenal and learnt to make better dcecisions, despite having ooodles of experience under his belt.

Theres a reason why Arsenal are reportedly sniffing around Martins and Zog...

I cant think of many players in the Prem who have the albilty to go past a player like Zog does.

Can anyone think of a playerwho can go past a man and is still regarded as "not good"? People would say Lennon but i'd argue contrare to that.

I say its the endless running with his head down until he runs into a defender loses posession and the whole team gets caught on the counter. Or maybe the going to sleep at leftback costing goals regardless of his natural position.

He doesn`t score many and for some reason like the rest of the team can`t take a corner or cross spectaculary.

But again, that can be worked on and should of been worked on (Like it was with Ronaldo). I dont think he's had decent run where he's been in the position to score many goals. He's only had one full (ish) season to judge him from and that was in 2006, where he scored 5 goals, for a 20 year old winger in his fisrt season that isnt bad.

I still havent heard anything fundamentally wrong with his game that will forever be a flaw to him, like a lack of pace (like Milner) or a severe lack of footballing intelligence (like Martins).

the fundamental flaw in his game is that he isn't as good as some seem to think. for all you talk about a fundamental flaw you must also think he doesn't have any particularly outstanding qualities either. theres as much chance making a great player out of him through "working on things" as there is with milner.

So you cant name one?

I dont think he's amazing, i dont think he's anywhere near the same ability as Ronaldo but the comparison is valid.  I think he has very good abilty on the ball and has a quality which not many players have and thats the ability to go past players with relative ease, couple that with better decision making and you have a very very good player.

Do you think that ronaldo would be the player he is if he experinced the same path as Zog?

The example with Milner is invalid on one basis and that is that Milner didnt have the pace to succeed in his position, he was also a terrible crosser which menat his lack of pace was magnified. John robertson is supposed to be a great crossing coahc at Villa, it'll be interesting to see if he can turn Milner into a better player and make up for his lack of pace.

i've said often enough in this thread that he has no nouse,no footballing brain and i don't think that can be "worked on". he may improve but never enough for him to be anywhere near the player some think he is.

With such a subjective question i suppose i cant tell you you're wrong to believe that, but i think you're wrong.

Like i say, you think knowing when to pass and when to dribble is unteachable, i say players like Adebayor, Ronaldo, Henry, Terry, J.Cole, Fabregas have all learnt when to pass the ball etc.

Henry is a perfect example of a player who had brilliant raw talent but was no way the player he was before he came to Arsenal and learnt to make better dcecisions, despite having ooodles of experience under his belt.

henry didn't suit italian football,same as bergkamp. did you see henry for monaco in the uefa cup up here ? even then you could see how good he could be in a way that i've never saw n'zogbia. n'zogbia is good,can be better,but don't mention him in the same bracket as ronaldo or henry even for sake of example.

So you cant name one?

I dont think he's amazing, i dont think he's anywhere near the same ability as Ronaldo but the comparison is valid. I think he has very good abilty on the ball and has a quality which not many players have and thats the ability to go past players with relative ease, couple that with better decision making and you have a very very good player.

henry didn't suit italian football,same as bergkamp. did you see henry for monaco in the uefa cup up here ? even then you could see how good he could be in a way that i've never saw n'zogbia. n'zogbia is good,can be better,but don't mention him in the same bracket as ronaldo or henry even for sake of example.

So when he first played under Souness you never thought he'd be anything special? You always thought he'd be an ordinary player?

You'll be a brave man to admit that- there are thousands of threads on Zog...

Agree with this.

And if that money doesn't get reinvested? I don't think there's enough evidence to suggest it will be. I'd rather hang on to the first team squad we've got right now than watch decent assets get hived off tbh.

its aposition in which we have strngth though and it does seem like gutierrez's stronger side.

like every player at every club, he'll have a price.

There is strength until we have an injury or two. Yes like every player he'll have a price but my real point is people are getting excited about doing "good business" for Zoggy. Its only "good business" if the squad sees the benefit by reinvestment of the funds. I'm not convinced that we have that situation going on here right now - despite what JFK may be saying. 

he's one of the few we'd get decent cash for without weakening the first 11.

Says it all.

It does...I'd love to see us get offered decent money for good lads like Duff, Butt or Smith but because they're such top players no doubt they will be beyond the budget of most clubs.

Incidentally great post Shak, sums up my position entirely. While I can see Zog has some flaws in his game, If I had to name five players I wanted to move on from the club, Zog wouldn't be on the list. With a squad full of one-paced journey men he's one of the few who brings something different to the table, and wouldn't look out of place at a decent club.

So you cant name one?

So when he first played under Souness you never thought he'd be anything special? You always thought he'd be an ordinary player?

when i first saw him play i thought he could be good,better than he's turned out but never an henry or ronaldo. i thought he could have reached solano at his peak standard.

So you cant name one?

when i first saw him play i thought he could be good,better than he's turned out but never an henry or ronaldo. i thought he could have reached solano at his peak standard.

Is that the basis of your argument? That you think people think he could be as good as Henry and Ronaldo??

Not in a million years - that facts been reiterated by a lot of people but i do think that he has the ability to be a very very good player, one of the better players in the premiership.

So you cant name one?

Is that the basis of your argument? That you think people think he could be as good as Henry and Ronaldo??

Not in a million years - that facts been reiterated by a lot of people but i do think that he has the ability to be a very very good player, one of the better players in the premiership.

he has the technical ability, technically he is better than carrick in my opinion and the likes of park etc. but like those freestylers technical ability is nowhere near enough. he hasn't built on his promise and doesn't do well enough what 90% of football is....good enough basics.

Agree with this.

The only problem with selling him is that the money might not be left in the club.  I'd rather have an asset on the field than in the pocket of Mike Ashley.

Yes - good business for the club means Ashley trousers cash - why should we care about that? As I've said in my recent posts if the transfer money isn't going back into the squad then I'd rather keep the player.

Yes - good business for the club means Ashley trousers cash - why should we care about that? As I've said in my recent posts if the transfer money isn't going back into the squad then I'd rather keep the player.

Agreed, unless it's Smith or Duff as getting rid of those two would probably improve us anyway.

I love the Ronaldo is overated gang. I know quite a few that are of this species.

I guess he's scoring and creating all of those goals by accident right?

No wait it's because the team around him is so good right?

I don't see Rooney doing it. I don't see Tevez doing it.I don't see Berbatov doing it either.

Quit messing around.

The usual patter is that he only does it against the small teams and doesnt turn up on the big occasions....

I'm a bit surprised at these and other reactions. The title of 'best player in the world' is always just a matter of opinion.

I wouldn't say that Ronaldo freezes on the big occasion, but he does struggle to make an impact against top teams, where he's denied time and space. Most of the time, Man U are better than their opponents, and particularly if they go ahead and gaps start to appear, Ronaldo will destroy them. In that sense, you could argue that he's the most valuable player in the Premiership, in that you get the same number of points for beating Stoke as for beating Chelsea, and with his powerful running, Ronaldo can really put a team that's on the back foot to the sword. In a close contest, where he's tightly marked, yes it's a different story.

What I like about Messi is that his close control - even at full pace - is so good that any opposition struggles to contain him. He can create things from situations where most other players would just be happy to hang on to the ball. Even against Man U and Chelsea, it's felt like the best they can do is damage limitation.

Is Zoggy on his 7/8th manager already (including caretakers)?

Better to try and develop a player like Zog than keep Duff. It's that simple. Get rid of Duff because we can use his wages and he doesn't offer anything useful on the pitch. Use the money to buy CM who can run around for 90 mins.

How much do people reckon we'd get for him anyway, because I can't see us getting more than £3-4m from abroad, or maybe a few million more here. That's the main reason I don't think he'll go in January (unless he really wants to go), because it's simply not worth our while getting rid as we won't get enough money to replace him with anyone any better.

How much do people reckon we'd get for him anyway, because I can't see us getting more than £3-4m from abroad, or maybe a few million more here. That's the main reason I don't think he'll go in January (unless he really wants to go), because it's simply not worth our while getting rid as we won't get enough money to replace him with anyone any better.

£4m max, home or abroad.

Everyone in the world knows we're a soft touch in this situation.

£4m max, home or abroad.

Hasn't jimenez left, it seemed like he was the reason we'd got so much for sub standard players Emre, Milner etc.  I doubt Wise is as good a negotiator.

£4m max, home or abroad.

Even with a new owner and manager, I still don't think we'll get much more than that. It was around £4m that he was linked with Fulham not so long ago for.

I'm not sure we get enough to buy a better player which is my main reason for keeping him. And i don't think he's that great either.

UK based players will cost too much and foreign players will probably take time to bed in, with even less motivation if on loan i reckon.

Guest Stephen927

Wouldn't like to see Zog leave. Would have thought he'd really flourish under a manager like Keegan, shame that didn't work out all in all.

Guest neesy111

WHERE HAS THE MILNER MONEY GONE U FAT BASTARD ASHLEY

selling him for 12 million was excellent but stupid if he's knicked the cash for his own good

WHERE HAS THE MILNER MONEY GONE U FAT b****** ASHLEY

selling him for 12 million was excellent but stupid if he's knicked the cash for his own good

might it have been used to pay for coloccini,gutierrez,guthrie ? or is it now within the clubs accounts ?