Andy Cole To Retire

Skirge

Hs walled out on Forrest and it seems he will retire from football.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/10/28/andrew-cole-could-retire-after-nottingham-forest-cancel-his-contract-115875-20846758/

Andrew Cole could retire after Nottingham Forest cancel his contract

By Mirror Sport 28/10/2008

Andrew Cole is on the verge of retiring after being told that his £15,000-a-week contract will be cancelled at Nottingham Forest.

Cole held meetings with senior club officials yesterday and was informed that Forest chairman Nigel Doughty had taken the decision to effectively sack the 36-year-old former Manchester United striker.

An official announcement on Cole's future is being delayed while the two parties come to an agreement over the remaining eight months of his contract with the Championship club.

But just three months after what he believed to be the perfect end to his illustrious career, with his home town club, Cole is now ready to hang up his boots.

He joined Forest in the summer on a one-year deal, but has made little impact, failing to score in ten appearances as promoted Forest have sunk to the bottom of the Championship.

Cole recently complained about his lack of involvement on a regular basis in Colin Calderwood's side. He made it clear he would walk away from the game if he did not feel he was being given sufficient starting opportunities.

But Calderwood left him out of his squad for the weekend defeat by Cardiff City which keeps Forest six points adrift of safety, ahead of tonight's trip to Crystal Palace.

The Londoners beat Forest 2-0 at the City Ground on October 4 and striker Sean Scannell, 18, the Eagles' £3million-rated academy product, said: "It's weird playing Forest again so soon but we want to do the same thing to them down here.

"It will be harder for them here and it would be nice to get a double so early in the season. We've gelled and we are very hard to play against."

Shame he spoiled things between himself and us by the way he went on.  :undecided:

I'll still never forget the part he played in making us a force though. Him and Pedro man.  :cheesy:

Life's too short to hold grudges though. Best of luck to him.

Guest firetotheworks

Isn't he the only English footballer to have won every domestic trophy? FA, Carling, Prem, UEFA, Champions League, Charity Shield, Div One. Dont think Ive missed any.

Shame about the way things soured when he left but as people have said, when he was with us he was immense. In his pomp I was always more sure he'd score than I ever was with Shearer, and thats not an insult to Shearer, its just an incredibly high compliment to Cole, as a 10 year old him and Pedro were superheroes really.

Isn't he the only English footballer to have won every domestic trophy? FA, Carling, Prem, UEFA, Champions League, Charity Shield, Div One. Dont think Ive missed any.

Shame about the way things soured when he left but as people have said, when he was with us he was immense. In his pomp I was always more sure he'd score than I ever was with Shearer, and thats not an insult to Shearer, its just an incredibly high compliment to Cole, as a 10 year old him and Pedro were superheroes really.

:thup::weep:

Last year of Whitley High when he was sold. Remember a lad called Chris Coulson coming up to me in maths after lunch saying you know Andy Cole's been sold to Manu. Thought he was taking the piss, then other people started to hear to talk about it so i left before last lesson went home to check the teletext and there it was on almost every channel (that would be 3 out of the 4 at the time  :laugh:) was fuking gutted.

Scarred for life.

My NUFC bubble burst that day, from thereon in, nothing really ever went right.

I blame Andy Cole for everything that followed, hate the cunt. (irrational and illogical i know, but fuk him the glory hunting prick)

Best bit was that bloke who got the massive Andy Cole tattoo on his thigh, poor fker.

:lol:

i remember that lol, and people writing into the papers 'he could change it to ruel fox' lol

:lol: aye poor fker got it finished 2 days before Keegan sold him :D

Cole was a good player, and will always hold him in high regard for what he achieved at NUFC, but he wouldn't have made half the impact without Beardsley arguably playing the best football of his career.

:clap: :clap:

Still remember when we sold him, caretaker at school told me and I never believed him till I got home. I was absolutely crushed.

I'd have much rather had the Cole we had than the more all rounded player than Man Utd had as well.

Prick though.