Newcastle United's Next Match is Aston Villa @ SJP on Mon 3rd Nov KO@20:00 StS1

Skirge

just been on a couple of the Villa boards and three opinions were dominant:

1) O neill is likely to rest a few players tonight and bring on the fringe players (reo coker or Sidwell?)

2) If they score first it will play well into their system, sit back and counter attack with pace...

3) They think they can rough our defence up (quite probable TBF)

Point 2 is what worries me, they are very good at that!

Big, big game against a team who will test us physically as well as mentally.

The players I trust to stand up and be counted tonight:

Beye

Given

Barton

Jonas

Possible heroes:

Coloccini

Enrique

Martins

anyone else will be a pleasant surprise.

1) O neill is likely to rest a few players tonight and bring on the fringe players (reo coker or Sidwell?)

2) If they score first it will play well into their system, sit back and counter attack with pace...

I fancy us to score 1st.

Beye

Given

Barton

Jonas

Possible heroes:

Coloccini

Enrique

Martins

I'd put Coloccini in the 'trusted' camp. I think this is his type of game, playing against nippier, ball-playing attackers is what he'll be used to. If he plays Taylor, he'll get the job of trying to block Carew.

Beye

Given

Barton

Jonas

Possible heroes:

Coloccini

Enrique

Martins

I'd put Coloccini in the 'trusted' camp. I think this is his type of game, playing against nippier, ball-playing attackers is what he'll be used to. If he plays Taylor, he'll get the job of trying to block Carew.

You'd think that's how it would pan out wouldn't you? Except somehow Colo always seems to be the one attacking the headers while Taylor is usually running backwards towards the goal line.

There should be confidence with whoever he puts upfront, they have all scored recently. He'll probably go for Shola and martins as they have produced the goods so far. Duff is back to decent form and Jonas is our new messiah, just need a couple of decent balls from Barton and we'll be all dutch total football again!!!!! :)

I really would like shola to continue his run, get an early goal and after a couple of funk ups he can come off to be replaced by lickle mickey.

1 - no

2 & 3 - could lead to an easy Villa win.

We will need a good amount of luck. Carew's power and Agbonlahor's pace do not matchup well with our defence at all. Taylor will definitely struggle with both, and Coloccini, who I like, might struggle a fair bit against Carew.

I have a bad feeling Taylor will have a huge stinker tonight. I hope I'm wrong though. A result tonight would  be massive.

Beye

Given

Barton

Jonas

Possible heroes:

Coloccini

Enrique

Martins

You'd think that's how it would pan out wouldn't you? Except somehow Colo always seems to be the one attacking the headers while Taylor is usually running backwards towards the goal line.

Ah, I did say he'd get the job, not get the job done!! Besides Carew's not exactly a sprinter, so even Taylor should be able to stay within touching distance of him.

Here..is the biggest thing for me. Everyone is saying we have to sit back and defend, but in our system that equals long ball. And that equals us losing. Laursen and co. will deal with that easily. The way for us to trouble them is to play on the deck and utilise the pace of Martins, Jonas and Duff.

Here..is the biggest thing for me. Everyone is saying we have to sit back and defend, but in our system that equals long ball. And that equals us losing. Laursen and co. will deal with that easily. The way for us to trouble them is to play on the deck and utilise the pace of Martins, Jonas and Duff.

I agree we don't need to be over attack we just need to pressure them high up when they have the ball. Only Barry and A.Young are what i would class as good passing players, the rest will be prone to errors if they are hurried. We need to be offensive without being irresponsible.

Beye

Given

Barton

Jonas

Possible heroes:

Coloccini

Enrique

Martins

Colo definitely takes on a lot more responsibility for our defence. I hardly ever notice TAYLOR!!! taking charge of situations, and I'm not just saying it to disparage the guy, it's honestly how I feel.

Beye

Given

Barton

Jonas

Possible heroes:

Coloccini

Enrique

Martins

Colo definitely takes on a lot more responsibility for our defence. I hardly ever notice taking charge of situations, and I'm not just saying it to disparage the guy, it's honestly how I feel.

The poor sod can't even speak English yet. Give him until he can shout his arse off at Taylor properly before you judge him.

Barton has to start, the guy needs games. Ideally I'd have Guthrie with him too although I'm sure Butt will play. As long as Barton plays thats the main thing, hes very vocal and needs to gain sharpness.

As long as we win, thats the main thing but of course that first 20 minutes is crucial, if we can keep them quiet a while then we can push forward. Hope Jonas rapes their wingbacks!

Beye

Given

Barton

Jonas

Possible heroes:

Coloccini

Enrique

Martins

Colo definitely takes on a lot more responsibility for our defence. I hardly ever notice taking charge of situations, and I'm not just saying it to disparage the guy, it's honestly how I feel.

The poor sod can't even speak English yet. Give him until he can shout his arse off at Taylor properly before you judge him.

Forgot to insert Taylors name between notice and taking.

Taylor is the one who doesn't take enough responsibility back there basically.

I agree we don't need to be over attack we just need to pressure them high up when they have the ball. Only Barry and A.Young are what i would class as good passing players, the rest will be prone to errors if they are hurried. We need to be offensive without being irresponsible.

Unfortunately this sort of thinking is far beyond JFK. The idea of fighting fire with fire by using our quick players is a good one although I said yesterday I'd prefer Zog in for Duff in this one. I just have a horrible feeling Duff is going to fail to show up tonight, Zog's got a bit more fight in him if the going gets tough. Which it will.

Unfortunately this sort of thinking is far beyond JFK. The idea of fighting fire with fire by using our quick players is a good one although I said yesterday I'd prefer Zog in for Duff in this one. I just have a horrible feeling Duff is going to fail to show up tonight, Zog's got a bit more fight in him if the going gets tough. Which it will.

Is Zog just out of favour at the moment because he's far more useful than duff right now. I'm guessing JK hasn't seen enough of him to think hes a better choice?

Hopefully he'll get a game soon. Personally I see charly pissing off in the summer unless we get a quality manager and owner combo coming in, same goes for some other players too I guess.