Mike Ashley Second Chance Saloon

Skirge
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I want to see all of them(Ashley, Keegan, Llambias, and Wise) bend over and plead for my forgiveness.

I want to see them star in a remake of Olivia Newton John's "Lets Get Physical" and play it on a big screen at the start of every Newcastle match

Public apology, Llambias and Wise out, a more clearly defined way of running the club, preferrably bring back Mort, and appoint a good manager that's not Kevin Keegan while backing him with enough funds for 1~2 players in the winter.

Then we'll talk.

Don't think Ashley can pull it off though. even if he does all that, there will always be a vocal minority of fans who won't accept him and  prevent him from enjoying owning this club. He won't want to stay where he doesn't feel welcome.

No because even if he did promise investment he's already proven that he's not one to be trusted.

I doubt Kuwaiti oil sheiks are going to be any more trustworthy.  I'd like honesty, transparency too.  I'd like more investment in big name players, and I wish the Keegan situation would have been handled differently.  But at the end of day, all I really care about is winning.  If we win our next 5 games, I'll forget all about Keegan, Wise and net spending. 

The man doesn't want a second chance, he wants to get out, he was only ever interested in making money & he's trying to do it against a back drop of global recession. His worst nightmare is having to keep the club 'cos that will mean he has some hard decisions to make about his set up which he must now see as being idealistic but practically wrong.

If he had wanted to make things right he could have done so back in August.

Throughout the summer I was pretty suspicious of the motivies of the board and far from impressed, I was definately not an Ashleyite. However I still voted yes to this because I think he has the opportuntity to redeem himself with the fans, if he wants to, and that's the real question here.

One thing is for sure we are gonna be up shit creak without a paddle if a buyer has not been found and Ashley maintains his indifference to the club.

It's a tough situation, really. I've always given Ashley the benefit of the doubt, but it would be hard to imagine that he could ever come back from this in the eyes of the fans, or that he would even want to.

That being said, if he does have to stick with the team, I hope that the fans support him, because not supporting him won't accomplish anything at this point.

Guest optimistic nit

No because even if he did promise investment he's already proven that he's not one to be trusted.

you sound like a 6 year old child.

we have to do whats best for the club, if the fans can't, who can?

Guest The Libertine

keegan likewise.

How so? The man has proven that he's a complete liar. FACT as his press releases would say.

Mike Ashley to me isn't what's best for the club. He's proven that already.

keegan likewise.

This topic's about Mike Ashley btw. By all means continue with your digs at Keegan though if you want.

Guest The Libertine

keegan likewise.

This topic's about Mike Ashley btw. By all means continue with your digs at Keegan though if you want.

ashley is in the shit partly because keegan is untrustworthy. very relevant, especially when some people want keegan back.

Guest Heneage

How so? The man has proven that he's a complete liar. FACT as his press releases would say.

Mike Ashley to me isn't what's best for the club. He's proven that already.

Have to agree. We've not had whats been promised and expected. The club physical size is too big to be languishing we are. Even next door is outspending us.

keegan likewise.

ashley is in the shit partly because keegan is untrustworthy. very relevant, especially when some people want keegan back.

I trust Kevin Keegan a darn sight more than I ever will Mike Ashley.

keegan likewise.

ashley is in the s*** partly because keegan is untrustworthy. very relevant, especially when some people want keegan back.

I trust Kevin Keegan a darn sight more than I ever will Mike Ashley.

:thup:

keegan took us to second in the league.

ashley took us to second bottom of the league.

where do people prefer to be.?

I would probably give him a second chance, if only to help stave off relegation, but the fact that a very large amount of fans won't means that the atmosphere would be too hostile around the club. I just hope he sells, preferably to a multi-billionaire, soonish.

He didn't write said press release to be fair. He might well have agreed with everything said on it mind.