Best Fans In The World.... My Arse.

mofo

At the west brom match, When xisco came on this bloke behind me said " he's another fooking luque this kid" before the lad had even touched the ball...

For god's sake give the lad a chance man!

couple of seasons ago in one of martins first few games for us, the ball dropped at the back post and he failed to get on the end of it, someone stood up, red faced shouting 'you're number 9 for newcastle united man!' and someone else chipped in with 'aye, you're not fit to wear that shirt!'

it was one of his first games for us ffs, they'll never change

At the west brom match, When xisco came on this bloke behind me said " he's another fooking luque this kid" before the lad had even touched the ball...

For god's sake give the lad a chance man!

That is an insane comment.

Guest The Libertine

i often think most fans would rather a 4-3 defeat then a crappy 1-0 win by the way they act. a serious reality check is needed by the majority of them.

i often think most fans would rather a 4-3 defeat then a crappy 1-0 win by the way they act. a serious reality check is needed by the majority of them.

I don't think that at all. Just if we do get beat, rather have it that we've gave a good fist of it, rather than a gutless and spineless effort.

last few posts aren't what the thread's about imo, shitting yourself and going a bit quiet coz the team drops deep to protect a one goal lead for half an hour is different to barracking a player in the first five minutes for mis-placing a pass, booing their name before they play or while they come on (we've seen this with owen as well as shola) or one of my personal favourites, getting irate because one of our players takes too long to take a throw in. one of the biggest problems i reckon is most of them have either never played football before or have forgotten what its like, they're totally un-realistic.

:thup:

last few posts aren't what the thread's about imo, shitting yourself and going a bit quiet coz the team drops deep to protect a one goal lead for half an hour is different to barracking a player in the first five minutes for mis-placing a pass, booing their name before they play or while they come on (we've seen this with owen as well as shola) or one of my personal favourites, getting irate because one of our players takes too long to take a throw in. one of the biggest problems i reckon is most of them have either never played football before or have forgotten what its like, they're totally un-realistic.

^^^^^what he said, i also agree with mofo to an extent

Even in the West Brom game, yes we were diabolical in the second half, but we were still in the lead and had done well in the first half to be in that situation, but the atmosphere got so edgy when we were struggling, it couldn't have made things any easier for the players.

What did you expect in the second half from the fans?

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=57293.msg1548440#msg1548440

Guest firetotheworks

You get the same fans at every ground around the world. Noticed them in Barcelona, and Monaco. The difference is, we still pack out our stadium after winning f*** all for donkeys years.

Ive been to the Nou Camp and I concur, thought it was quieter than SJP by quite a bit and although I dont speak Catalan, the fans didnt seem happy despite winning 2-0.

Even in the West Brom game, yes we were diabolical in the second half, but we were still in the lead and had done well in the first half to be in that situation, but the atmosphere got so edgy when we were struggling, it couldn't have made things any easier for the players.

What did you expect in the second half from the fans?

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=57293.msg1548440#msg1548440

:lol:

FFS, that's absolutely shocking. I'm not one of these who normally has a go at people for not going to matches, but how fucking dare he criticise the fans when he's not even there himself.

The only time i think i can recall anyone ever saying that we must be the best fans in the world, is that Scottish SSN correspondent who covered the Owen signing infront of the Leazes End.

Other than that, people tend to say we're very passionate about our football, and i don't need to have lived in the city for a long time to know that football does come above a lot of things.

Aside from that though, anyone who says that we're the "best in the world" is pretty deluded. But i just don't think anyone really says that, do they? :undecided:

The best fans in the world are those at the likes of Luton and Rotherham at the moment, and those who still will be next season when they're in the Conference. If there's a criteria for the ultimate fan, then following a club through that sort of problem must be somewhere in the thesis.

Guest Brummiemag

Im not aware of any other club in England, Europe or the rest of the World, who have not won a trophy since 1969 or a domestic trophy since 1955, but have maintained the same average level of support as Newcastle during that time. 

Man U, Liverpool etc would not have our level of support home and away if they had been as poor as we've been over the last 50 years.

So called big clubs like villa, on the crest of a wave at the moment, but still getting 10,000 less than us for a midweek fixture.

Thats why I think we have the best fans in the world 

A thread criticising moaning fans.....moaning about fans.

And stopping going to games because fans are fickle...

When did I say I'd stop going to games? fair do's moaning about fans moaning but I never said I'd stop going to games??

The only time i think i can recall anyone ever saying that we must be the best fans in the world, is that Scottish SSN correspondent who covered the Owen signing infront of the Leazes End.

Other than that, people tend to say we're very passionate about our football, and i don't need to have lived in the city for a long time to know that football does come above a lot of things.

Aside from that though, anyone who says that we're the "best in the world" is pretty deluded. But i just don't think anyone really says that, do they? :undecided:

The best fans in the world are those at the likes of Luton and Rotherham at the moment, and those who still will be next season when they're in the Conference. If there's a criteria for the ultimate fan, then following a club through that sort of problem must be somewhere in the thesis.

Most of those in the Leazes End that day were the same type of "rent a mob" who were demonstrating against Keegan's walkout.

Agree what you say about Luton and Rotherham, Northern League clubs have supporters who are as passionate about their clubs as any Premiership team, just a lot fewer of them.

Newcastle united the best fans in the world, They live & breath football.. Bullshit!!

I'm not a season ticket holder now (I was for the last 9 years but just got a new house etc etc), But I've been to all home games this year & tbh I wouldn't renew again next year because I think the newcastle fans are so fickle!!

I honestly think about 30% of people at the match go to have a moan,. It's not just at the match it's on here as well, Look at some of the topics on here shola , xisco ,The jfk thread... all people do is jump on the players because that's all they know or it's what the papers say!!

Now I'm not saying people can't have their say, But five minutes into a match if a player misplaces a pass

Don't crucify him!!

Get some balls you bunch of cunts support your team, stop moaning about nothing!

The day you gave up your season ticket means you gave up the right to critisize anyone else to be fair.

Newcastle united the best fans in the world, They live & breath football.. Bullshit!!

I'm not a season ticket holder now (I was for the last 9 years but just got a new house etc etc), But I've been to all home games this year & tbh I wouldn't renew again next year because I think the newcastle fans are so fickle!!

I honestly think about 30% of people at the match go to have a moan,. It's not just at the match it's on here as well, Look at some of the topics on here shola , xisco ,The jfk thread... all people do is jump on the players because that's all they know or it's what the papers say!!

Now I'm not saying people can't have their say, But five minutes into a match if a player misplaces a pass

Don't crucify him!!

Get some balls you bunch of c***s support your team, stop moaning about nothing!

The day you gave up your season ticket means you gave up the right to critisize anyone else to be fair.

Really? why?

Most of those in the Leazes End that day were the same type of "rent a mob" who were demonstrating against Keegan's walkout.

Agree what you say about Luton and Rotherham, Northern League clubs have supporters who are as passionate about their clubs as any Premiership team, just a lot fewer of them.

Aye, i'm sure it was. I mean, half of em are potentially serving time for truency now n'all.

I'm not saying that they demonstrated the idea of 'best fans in the world', i'm just saying that's that's the only time i can remember us being labelled as that.

I'd agree with the OP after 50 years of waiting, when a modicum of success comes we as nufc fans feel we have a divine right to maintain it....

Nufc fans refuse to take any accountabilty for there actions. I can think of 3 times where they have acted without any real solid reason and have directly forced the direction of the club. SBR, Allardyce and KK/Ashley farce. Each time the best reason i hear is "this would of happened, he would of done this....etc" suddnely we have 52k fans with 20/20 foresight.

Id also go as far as saying that some of the stereotypes attached to nufc fans are true, an example of this would be the "nufc fans would rather lose 4-3 than win 1-0", of the course the statement is actually rubbish but the sentiment is definitely true. We played the victims card - "no one understands us, after all these years of starved success all we want to do is win" "we dont care how we win etc". Well when the one man who tries to implement this winning is everything mentality into the team (sacrificng style), he gets lambasted for poor tactics, shitty football,  doesnt know what he's doing  etc etc. Gets the sack after 20 odd games, even though we were in 11th place.

Then when Keegan tells us that "football for us is like southerners going to the theatre all we want is to be entertained" all of a sudden it strikes a chord with the geordie faithfu, "he understand our way of life and the area, he understands us" Now is it me or is that a massive contradiction??

No one has the brass to admit it, i know this'll get mocked and i imagine that this will stick with me for a long while but its just another example of when NUFC fans refuse to accpet accountability and chose to ignore the consequences of there actions and for me its tested my patience becasue the majority of the times ive been in the minority when these things have occured.

NB: Im not debating the merits of keeping Allardyce but the clear contradiction that occured.

Id be interested to hear peoples views on this contradiction.

Rant over.

Id also go as far as saying that some of the stereotypes attached to nufc fans are true, an example of this would be the "nufc fans would rather lose 4-3 than win 1-0", of the course the statement is actually rubbish but the sentiment is definitely true. We played the victims card - "no one understands us, after all these years of starved success all we want to do is win" "we dont care how we win etc". Well when the one man who tries to implement this winning is everything mentality into the team (sacrificng style), he gets lambasted for poor tactics, shitty football,  doesnt know what he's doing  etc etc. Gets the sack after 20 odd games, even though we were in 11th place.

Allardyce's record: W: 7 ... D: 5 ... L: 10

And it was more to do with the way we lost those matches/didn't win the ones that we drew. I was for Big Sam at the time but it was pretty clear he had it all wrong, really.

Id also go as far as saying that some of the stereotypes attached to nufc fans are true, an example of this would be the "nufc fans would rather lose 4-3 than win 1-0", of the course the statement is actually rubbish but the sentiment is definitely true. We played the victims card - "no one understands us, after all these years of starved success all we want to do is win" "we dont care how we win etc". Well when the one man who tries to implement this winning is everything mentality into the team (sacrificng style), he gets lambasted for poor tactics, shitty football, doesnt know what he's doing etc etc. Gets the sack after 20 odd games, even though we were in 11th place.

Allardyce's record: W: 7 ... D: 5 ... L: 10

And it was more to do with the way we lost those matches/didn't win the ones that we drew. I was for Big Sam at the time but it was pretty clear he had it all wrong, really.

NB: Im not debating the merits of keeping Allardyce but the clear contradiction that occured.

I could og into the merits of Allardyce but thats not my point, its how we as fans refuse to accpet our actions even when they contradict themselves. Its how these contradictions have affected our club and its how this divine right to success has put us in the hole we're in now by forcing the hand of Shepherd with the sacking of SBR.

No one wants to admit it, but theres always uproar when anyone writes negatively about us becasue they dont understadn the Geordies, well i say the Geordies dont even understand themselves.

For all his faults I think Souness was spot on when he said Newcastle have 22,000 supporters and 30,000 customers, I've never known a club that boo's their own players as much as some of our lot do. Dyer, Jenas, Viana, Butt, Smith, Ameobi and that's off the top of my head.