Bentley's goal = not that good.

Neil

Exaggerated title topic perhaps, but was I the only one who, after thinking about it, wasn't that impressed by it?

Don't get me wrong, he should be applauded for seeing the opportunity and executing it, and it was a very well taken goal. But, maybe it's just personal opinion, I find team goals that need to be constructed a hell of a lot more worthy of a "goal of the season" tag. Bentley's goal may perhaps get everyone talking at first, as you barely ever see goals from over 40 yards out. But I think eventually it will be overtaken by some better constructed goals.

Just a thought anway.

Don't get me wrong I love to see goals that are out of the ordinary, ambituous, like Bentley's was. Despite him being a massive t**t, there's no doubt he can do that given the opportunity. Aye the keeper needs to be questioned though.

Its a class goal, he has to get credit for seeing the chance was on and for getting the power and direction on it, ys maybe another keeper would have got to it but you can say that about most goals great or not.

Great goal, I agree that well constructed team goals should be valued higher than 30 yard goals that fly in the top corner because the majority of the time the players play the percentages with those tpye of shots however in this case it was intentional to do exactly what he did. Also, I heard pundits saying it was the best volley ever, what a load of rubbish, the most difficult type of volley is when you have to run onto a moving ball (Di Canio, Scholes).

Great goal, I agree that well constructed team goals should be valued higher than 30 yard goals that fly in the top corner because the majority of the time the players play the percentages with those tpye of shots however in this case it was intentional to do exactly what he did. Also, I heard pundits saying it was the best volley ever, what a load of rubbish, the most difficult type of volley is when you have to run onto a moving ball (Di Canio, Scholes).

Nayim's volley vs Arsenal was better.

Nayim's volley vs Arsenal was better.

van Persie's against Charlton was something special.

Guest MrSundlofer

Good vision, but Almunia should have been better positioned

Do you expect him to stand on his line when the game is played in the  middle of the park? Maybe 20 years ago...