Boo'ing James Milner?

Skirge

Guest Toonarama

Some players who have left genuinely deserved stick on their return (Mr Ginola for example) but I don't see what Milner has done wrong.

He's not the gretest player but he always tried his best for us despite the fact that he was treated pretty badly re previous moves to Villa.

les Ferdinand always (deservedly) gets a great reception but he refuseed to pull the plug on the Spurs deal when we asked for him back when Shearer got injured.

Some players who have left genuinely deserved stick on their return (Mr Ginola for example) but I don't see what Milner has done wrong.

He's not the gretest player but he always tried his best for us despite the fact that he was treated pretty badly re previous moves to Villa.

les Ferdinand always (deservedly) gets a great reception but he refuseed to pull the plug on the Spurs deal when we asked for him back when Shearer got injured.

The Les Ferdinand malarkey boils my piss as well. When he came on and scored against us for Leicester there were gimps in the crowd cheering and he was scoring for the opposition.

He couldn't hit a barn door for us when it really mattered in 1996.

Guest guinness_fiend

I don't see why anyone would boo him. He always tried his best here and we got far more for him than he's worth.

Aye.

Just like Shola.  Bless him, he tries.

Almost every time we mercilessly boo someone they score against us. At best it's tempting fate, at worst it's offering an unneccessary incentive to a player to rub it in our faces. I don't see what's wrong with just a bit of polite applause and then get on with the game. Booing is never 'good natured' and will just end up looking like fuckwits when he pings one in from 30 yards. But then, what's new?

I don't see why anyone would boo him. He always tried his best here and we got far more for him than he's worth.

Aye.

Slight flaw in your argument there.

Guest guinness_fiend

Aye.

Slight flaw in your argument there.

No argument, he tries, despite the fact that we are yet to find a pub team that is willing to cough up the four packets of Nobby's Nuts that we are asking for him.

The Les Ferdinand malarkey boils my piss as well. When he came on and scored against us for Leicester there were gimps in the crowd cheering and he was scoring for the opposition.

Good point that actually.

What was it, 4 goals from January onwards that season?

He scored 21 between August and December and then 5 from January to May.

Basically he Choked when the heat was turned up.

We should point and laugh at him, proper belly laughs everytime he touches the ball; god that would be off putting. Then big yays and claps when he fuks up. I'd end up killing someone if it were me. Lets break the little spotty twat.

We should point and laugh at him, proper belly laughs everytime he touches the ball; god that would be off putting. Then big yays and claps when he fuks up. I'd end up killing someone if it were me. Lets break the little spotty twat.

But enough about me, what about Milner?

We should point and laugh at him, proper belly laughs everytime he touches the ball; god that would be off putting. Then big yays and claps when he fuks up. I'd end up killing someone if it were me. Lets break the little spotty t***.

He seems the type of character to me that would wilt under that sort of atmosphere so I'm all for it. A few, "What the f*cking hell was that?"s when he tries the stupid step-over thing and smacks it off Enrique or out of play.

Guest Toonarama

I think this misses the point

a) He wasn't the only player who "choked" during the run in.

b) He is popular because he always gave 100% commitment, never hid and has been an excellent ambassador for the club since.

Popularity with the fans is rarely based on ability alone

I know he didn't :lol: just trying to fire things up for tonighty, he still jumped ship though so he needs booing for that.

No he does not.  O'Neil even said if we ofered him a new contract he would ahve prob stayed.  I think you should be booed at every home game

I know he didn't :lol: just trying to fire things up for tonighty, he still jumped ship though so he needs booing for that.

No he does not.  O'Neil even said if we ofered him a new contract he would ahve prob stayed.  I think you should be booed at every home game

:lol:

He signed a new contract the summer before until 2011.

He signed a new contract the summer before until 2011.

No doubt it was about money, but boo me ay every home game :lol: go for it, should be interesting.

:D

b) He is popular because he always gave 100% commitment, never hid and has been an excellent ambassador for the club since.

Rob Lee also "choked" when the heat was on. Hit something like 15 goals before Christmas and then disappeared from view in the last three months iirc.

Rob Lee also "choked" when the heat was on. Hit something like 15 goals before Christmas and then disappeared from view in the last three months iirc.

Let's not kid ourselves. As much as we all love him dearly, it was Keegan who choked really. He let his passion and fervor overcome himself, and was unlucky to have been facing a cold hard bastard in SAF.