The 'how will Nicky Butt piss us off in this game' thread

Decky

Was fucking excellent tonight as were they all. He has a habit of doing this though, playing one amazing match then playing utterly shocking for the next 5 which will include giving away penaltys and probably either getting sent off or scoring an own goal.

It's probably because he's had a rest, I can't believe we ask him to play in so many games at his age tbh

I agree,i've mentioned this before,i would rest him Saturday personally,he's always shite in the 2nd game of 2 games in a week.

Aye, could probably do with a rest on Saturday, no point in having him tired for our game on Sunday.

Was fucking excellent tonight as were they all. He has a habit of doing this though, playing one amazing match then playing utterly shocking for the next 5 which will include giving away penaltys and probably either getting sent off or scoring an own goal.

It's probably because he's had a rest, I can't believe we ask him to play in so many games at his age tbh

I agree,i've mentioned this before,i would rest him Saturday personally,he's always shite in the 2nd game of 2 games in a week.

He didn't have to run quite as much as usual today (which contributed to his game) since he only had to focus on his DM duties instead of pretending to be Steven Gerrard, so he should be fresh enough for Saturday.

Guest Heneage

Was f***ing excellent tonight as were they all. He has a habit of doing this though, playing one amazing match then playing utterly shocking for the next 5 which will include giving away penaltys and probably either getting sent off or scoring an own goal.

I agree,i've mentioned this before,i would rest him Saturday personally,he's always s**** in the 2nd game of 2 games in a week.

He didn't have to run quite as much as usual today (which contributed to his game) since he only had to focus on his DM duties instead of pretending to be Steven Gerrard, so he should be fresh enough for Saturday.

We play Sunday.

Aye, could probably do with a rest on Saturday, no point in having him tired for our game on Sunday.

You know what i mean!!! ;D

Aye that's a good point that I've never really thought about. Not many other teams would ask a player of his age to play so many games so close together and when he's fresh he does usually play well.

Think Barton helped him a lot tonight. As soon as Butt was on the ball, he looked for Barton to lay it off to, and Barton nearly always made himself available. A relief to not having to watch Butt try his bound-to-fail 50 yard passes.

His freekick tonight was class by the way, almost acted like the cultured footballer he thinks he is. Followed it up with a left foot volley as well, must've been feeling good!

He is fighting for his place now that Barton is back and Guthrie is around.

Thought he was average at best. With him and Joey both playing we're crying out for someone who can put their foot on the ball and play a decent pass, whilst also being able to join the attack. Joey can take the defensive role and get someone else in, either Guthrie or someone in January. Made a few decent interceptions but by no means had a great game.