Newcastle United 2 - 0 Aston Villa - 03/11/08 - Post match joy from page 18

Decky

As someone mentioned above this is a huge result, I don't think the scale of it can be underestimated here. If we had lost this one, there was a big danger of becoming marrooned at the bottom, with confidence draining away. Now we are up in 14th, ahead of the mackems (who I feel may be a team in huge troubles as their form, except for our game of course has not been good at all).

Looking forward to watching this one when I get home from work assuming wife has done her duties with the PVR :)

shola given MoM on century

not entirely unjustified...could be shared between jonas, colo and obaaa

Never for Shola...looked old poor himself once again! Every single time we made something to happen in Villa's defensive zone it was Duff, Jonas or Oba! Shola was just as frustrating as always. Classy first touch ;)

BTW - Duff has improved a lot in recent games IMO! He actually can beat a man

Guest sicko2ndbest

Setanta ripping into Barton.

His performance was quality, gives us some real confidence/arrogance in the middle of the park

Apart from the obvious, Enrique and Duff were very good second half

Thought for his overall contribution, Ameobi was MOM

Nice to see us performing and fighting for the full game rather than panicking around the 70 minute mark. Villa looked strong and were onto our backs everytime we received the ball but the difference was we continued to fight when they looked very threatening on the break. 2 goals (even if slightly against the overall run of play) = 3 points and thousands of happy geordies!

I can go to bed a happy lad tonight :-)