FORUM UPDATES: Slow tonight for 15 mins, doing some digging...

Dave

Now near 250.

I phoned the hosting company at half-time and they claimed that the problem wasn't on their end, although I asked them to open a ticket and have the technical support blokes look at it to see if it's just a case of us needing more RAM or something. Will keep people updated as to what we'll be doing.

The only way we can find out what we need/what we need to improve is during times like those when it's at it's busiest. I've saved some statistics from today which will hopefully help us towards the final goal.

Good.

Sad to say the forum was really struggling today for me during the game, just like pre-transfer. Sorry guys.

To be expected in the early days, unfortunately. These first few weeks are basically a test-drive. The scope to upgrade the specification is there if needs be, but we're first trying to fix things manually - progress is definitely being made when you look at the improvements in search performance and general site speed, etc.

Yeah I know, and I know you were aware, just wanted to say.

Was more posting it to keep everyone up to speed mate!

Fair play. I'm not in the greatest mood today to be honest, naturally.

Being a big emo isn't a nature thing, man.

Not sure if you still want us to tell you but I just had a couple of minutes of :

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later

I've has massive problems getting on for hours as my wireless card seems to have bit the dust, I’m not certain if it's got anything to do with the server but it does seem too much of a coincidence.

Aye, spotted. I'll be on to the hosts tomorrow again to see about getting it remedied. It'll mean an increase in monthly cost, but it's a necessary evil unfortunately. We were always chancing it trying to get by on this package, but it was worth a go at least!

Appreciate all these reports lads, very helpful indeed to see what times we're crashing, etc.

One thing that would help further would be checking how many members are on when we're going down, as I'm obviously not here all the time so can't see for myself.

Cheers!

Aye, spotted. I'll be on to the hosts tomorrow again to see about getting it remedied. It'll mean an increase in monthly cost, but it's a necessary evil unfortunately. We were always chancing it trying to get by on this package, but it was worth a go at least!

*Resists the temptation to do another "typical new board, cheaper option" joke*

*Resists the temptation to do another "typical new board, cheaper option" joke*

It's more than double the cost of the last one ( :-[), but at least there's someone English to be had on the other end of the phone :laugh:

No 500 Internal Server Errors yet for anyone, I take it??