FORUM UPDATES: Slow tonight for 15 mins, doing some digging...

Dave

Undoubtedly, Mick. I appreciate the work they've done immensely. From what i can gather it's been plenty of late nights and a lot of stress completely off their own back, which is why i've been a bit hesitant to report stuff (as have others from what i can gather). But in fairness they have said on a consistent basis that if you're having problems, let them know, so i'm just obliging. Feels as though i'm stuck between a rock and a hard place tbh. Seriously though, really do appreciate the effort yous have put in to make it better.

Undoubtedly, Mick. I appreciate the work they've done immensely. From what i can gather it's been plenty of late nights and a lot of stress completely off their own back, which is why i've been a bit hesitant to report stuff (as have others from what i can gather). But in fairness they have said on a consistent basis that if you're having problems, let them know, so i'm just obliging. Feels as though i'm stuck between a rock and a hard place tbh. Seriously though, really do appreciate the effort yous have put in to make it better.

You've got to report it so they know how they are doing.

I would guess that the frustration is a pisser as they'll not know what's working until some time later, a lot will be trial and error.

It was down again from 01:54 to 02:20 for me with:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:

You are not connected to the Internet.

The website is encountering problems.

There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:

Diagnose Connection Problems 

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

Internet connectivity has been lost.

The website is temporarily unavailable.

The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.

The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.

If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

For offline users

You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.

To view subscribed feeds

Click the Favorites Center button , click Feeds, and then click the feed you want to view.

To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages)

Click Tools , and then click Work Offline.

Click the Favorites Center button , click History, and then click the page you want to view.

search function still not working for me.

It's still in the process of getting fixed. Takes forever, unfortunately, and even when it's done there's no promise that it'll be working as it should. Tooj sent me a PM at 11.20am which basically stopped it for 90 minutes, so you can blame him for that extra delay :laugh:

It's beyond 70% done now though, so will be up and running with the new Custom Index by tonight, unless something drastic happens.

Page created in 11.243 seconds with 19 queries.

It's still lagging a bit for me at times, seems to be deteriorating as the day goes on. Is there no way to automatically log page creation/query times as a measure of performance throughout the day?

It's still in the process of getting fixed. Takes forever, unfortunately, and even when it's done there's no promise that it'll be working as it should. Tooj sent me a PM at 11.20am which basically stopped it for 90 minutes, so you can blame him for that extra delay :laugh:

It's beyond 70% done now though, so will be up and running with the new Custom Index by tonight, unless something drastic happens.

:doh:

:doh:

Deliberate Toontastic sabotage tbh.

You've both done a good job with this, it must be really frustrating knowing that you're letting so many people down.

Seriously, it's a lot better.

It sounds pathetic, but it has actually been keeping me awake/been on my mind all the time. I just want it working smoothly for everyone with no connection errors at all, then I'll be able to relax. At the minute it feels like an unfinished job (which is what it is, really) and I won't be happy until it's done.

You've both done a good job with this, it must be really frustrating knowing that you're letting so many people down.

Seriously, it's a lot better.

It sounds pathetic, but it has actually been keeping me awake/been on my mind all the time. I just want it working smoothly for everyone with no connection errors at all, then I'll be able to relax. At the minute it feels like an unfinished job (which is what it is, really) and I won't be happy until it's done.

You're doing a good job mate, we all appreciate it :thup:

Just make sure you guys don't feel under any pressure, we all understand that you have your own lives and that you are doing your best. We can be patient.

The above therapeutical statement was for the benefit of Rich's heart so he doesn't keel over leaving the forum in a buggy state forever.

Now back to work! You've got until 4am to sort it ;)

My mates here think I'm crackers. Keep trying to explain the scale of things (i.e. hundreds of people online most hours of the day) and why I keep spending so much time at my flat on my todd/missing lectures, but they're not having any of it. The twats haven't even been signing me in on lectures I've missed so I've had two warnings of "Unsatisfactory Academic Conduct" from the department regarding my attendance, which I'm in the process of trying to erase from my record with some, well, lies as to why I wasn't there.

:laugh:

This fucking place, man.

If we get it working, though, it'll be worth it - especially if we can create a new theme and everything for it, while retaining all members/messages/PM's/etc., which I reckon is possible if we can get this current incarnation of the Forum working adequately. The possibilities are pretty vast, if so: ignore functions, main-page integration, all that jazz...

Well that's a pleasant surprise. Jumped from 84% to being completed, so Search should be up and running for everyone again now, I've just re-activated it for everybody.

Please let us know if it has "improved" for you. It still won't be super-fast due to the sheer size of the forum these days (upwards of 1gb, just within posts) if you're searching for a fairly generic term, but it should be pretty swift for pinpoint searches like "elephant", "giraffe" and "bananas". Because we know they're popular search terms.