Drogba throwing a coin in to the crowd

Mowen

Aye, disgraceful. Wasn't as if he just nonchalently flicked it back in, he fucking pelted it right back in. Doubtless hit someone who hadn't originally thrown it.

Imagine if Joey had done it. Massive double standards from the press imo, his 'apology' seems to have been enough for them so far.

Aye, disgraceful. Wasn't as if he just nonchalently flicked it back in, he fucking pelted it right back in. Doubtless hit someone who hadn't originally thrown it.

Imagine if Joey had done it. Massive double standards from the press imo, his 'apology' seems to have been enough for them so far.

I was about to put that. Jesus, can you imagine. There would have been demonstrations at Downing Street

Guest Nufc4Life

Hmm, whilst i agree it's shocking what he did, I can't honestly say, that in the heat of the moment on a football pitch, i wouldnt have done the exact same thing.

Aye he should deffo get the 3 match ban etc, fine, all that. He's apologised now in the light of day, and like I said, heat of the moment, i'd of probably done the same thing.

He shouldn't be lowering himself to that level but no doubt the fan who threw it at him won't be caught.

I'm not condoning what DD did but it takes two to tango.  Burnley should get their house in order aswell.  Somebody must have seen the guy doing it.

Hmm, whilst i agree it's shocking what he did, I can't honestly say, that in the heat of the moment on a football pitch, i wouldnt have done the exact same thing.

Aye he should deffo get the 3 match ban etc, fine, all that. He's apologised now in the light of day, and like I said, heat of the moment, i'd of probably done the same thing.

Really? Surely common sense should prevail, regardless of the situation? He's stood infront of a couple thousand people and he's no idea who it's come from. Even so, he's pinged a piece of metal randomly into an anonymous crowd of people, what was he trying to achieve like? I wouldn't even have picked it up tbh!

He shouldn't be lowering himself to that level but no doubt the fan who threw it at him won't be caught.

I'm not condoning what DD did but it takes two to tango.  Burnley should get their house in order aswell.  Somebody must have seen the guy doing it.

I know the fan won't be caught, but it's far more disgraceful for a player to retaliate than for it to happen in the first place.

I would agree if you could throw at specifically the right fan, but just to throw it at random is mental. Can't guarantee I wouldn't do it out of sheer anger, but it makes no kind of sense.

At least Cantona jumped on the right bloke!

If it was Joey you'd have had pictures of a 9 year old girl complete with stitches above her eye saying she is now too scared to ever go to a football match ever again.

it was a stupid thing to do but the gesture I have no problem with and the c*** who threw the thing in the first place should be banned from football for life.

In fairness to Drogba, if i'd just had a coin lobbed at me i'd be very pissed off and want to throw it back at the fucker, problem is it probably hit an 85 year old woman with terminal cancer if you write for the sun.

btw, as for it being "worse than anything Barton's done on a pitch", no chance man. The tackle on Etuhu was absolutely shambolic. And i'm one of Barton's defenders

Guest Heneage

You know what I totally agree its stupid. But part of me thinks I would be just as pissed off if people were trying to blind me just for being good at football. Cunts on both sides really.

it was a stupid thing to do but the gesture I have no problem with and the c*** who threw the thing in the first place should be banned from football for life.

In fairness to Drogba, if i'd just had a coin lobbed at me i'd be very pissed off and want to throw it back at the fucker, problem is it probably hit an 85 year old woman with terminal cancer if you write for the sun.

btw, as for it being "worse than anything Barton's done on a pitch", no chance man. The tackle on Etuhu was absolutely shambolic. And i'm one of Barton's defenders

So you want the person who threw it at Drog banned for life but don't really give a shit that he threw it back? Mixed up standards there.

You guys serious?! he threw a  coin back at a crowd who threw it at him in the first place, no big deal really, infact they should ban the fan who threw it.

Er no, one specific fan threw the coin and he threw it at random into the group - probably hitting an innocent person. Completely unacceptable (as is the fan obviously).

You guys serious?! he threw a  coin back at a crowd who threw it at him in the first place, no big deal really, infact they should ban the fan who threw it.

Er no, one specific fan threw the coin and he threw it at random into the group - probably hitting an innocent person. Completely unacceptable (as is the fan obviously).

it is,but lets not compare it in any way to bartons actions.

Moronic. An individual in the crowd hoys a coin, so "the crowd" is to blame?

Alan Smith did the same thing when he was at Leeds, iirc.