When do you think Michael Owen will leave Newcastle United?

LoveItIfWeBeatU
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Newcastle is a graveyard for talent (Owen, Shay etc.) and a retirement home for hasbeens (Duff, Butt etc.)

The Dutch have a nickname for Newcastle United. I forget the exact wording, but we're considered a graveyard that ends the careers of top players.

Guest CaPiTaL cHaP

I can see him selling Owen, Given, Zoggy, Oba,, Duff and any other player we get offers for.

It is a worrying thought that we might dump all the high earners to make the club more sellable

Well, if i was looking to buy a club and saw one that was close to the relegation zone and just sold all their best players i'd stay well clear.

The last thing it makes us is 'more sellable'

I am assuming that the club isnt going to get sold any time soon so for the forseeable, Mike is still going to be the owner. If Michael leaves in the summer he goes for free so my guess is that the club will get as much as they possibly can for him in January.

No way will Ashley let him go for free - unfortunately for him, Michael holds all the aces.

Yup. I imagine we'll go all out to flog him in January.

As a result we'll be lucky to get £7m.

Surely if he's a free agent in the summer, you'll get nowhere near 7m for him in January?

I am assuming that the club isnt going to get sold any time soon so for the forseeable, Mike is still going to be the owner. If Michael leaves in the summer he goes for free so my guess is that the club will get as much as they possibly can for him in January.

No way will Ashley let him go for free - unfortunately for him, Michael holds all the aces.

Surely if he's a free agent in the summer, you'll get nowhere near 7m for him in January?

One of today's papers said he would be off to City for £1m.

I thought that as I was typing, but £4-5m for Michael Owen just seems wrong. :undecided:

Owen staying until next Summer and then walking for nowt is worth more to us than £1 million in January.

Agreed. Keeping us in the Premiership as well as the end of season prize money (isnt it 500k per place?) pays off any potential fee (plus wages).