When do you think Michael Owen will leave Newcastle United?

LoveItIfWeBeatU
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It shouldn't be Kinnear's pregorative to decide what to do really.

I don't suppose it is, ultimately, but he'll obviously have some influence.

That's what I mean, I don't think he should be having any influence.

So long as he's the manager, he should be making his views known, at least behind the scenes. He has to take his role seriously if he's going to do it to the best of his ability.

I don't think Owen is lazy - you don't get where he's got to without some determination. I do think he avoids things he's not very good at (ie work outside the box)

It shouldn't be Kinnear's pregorative to decide what to do really.

I don't suppose it is, ultimately, but he'll obviously have some influence.

That's what I mean, I don't think he should be having any influence.

I don't honestly see how he couldn't have, insofar as if there's any doubt that Owen's worth the money he's asking for, the fact that the manager doesn't care if he keeps him would probably tip the decision.

If Owen is to leave, I would hope that he (Owen) realises what a cunt Ashley is and thinks "fuck it, I'll leave for nowt in the summer" therefore preventing Ashley sticking any transfer fee in his back pocket.

The second game in a row we've dropped points because Owen refuses to use his left foot when he's got a simple chance in front of goal.

£100,000+ per week?!??

Fuck off.

What a wonderfully twattish comment. Nice one.

Would someone like to inform Baggio who got us an undeserved equaliser?

I don't care that anyone could have scored that - he was at the right place at the right time and did what had to be done. Not to mention he's clearly not match-fit.

That was sarcasm.

Knowing Yorkie's occasional digs at Owen every so often...probably not. ;)

Struggling to remember these digs tbh, man. I was pissed off with him last season before the revival, cos he was playing garbage and missing chances every game (without scoring a couple mins later). Since then though... :dontknow:

He's not going to be an asset that anyone is going to pay much money for though is he? He would have to transform his whole fitness record to be a worthwhile addition on the wages he commands.

Personally think Owen is alot more ambitious than he is greedy, as indicated by his move to Madrid from Liverpool when he only had a year left on his contract.

I.e. if a Champions League club comes in for him, then for all we know he could be willing to accept half the basic wage he's currently on. In fact, had Liverpool's £8m offer been accepted back when we signed him, he'd have gone there without a shadow of a doubt, and I severely doubt they were offering anything like the wages we had put on the table in order to attract his services to a mid table club with a mediocre squad. Therefore, basic wage may not be a big problem at all (especially considering the bonus' Liverpool and other CL players must have written into their contracts should they win anything) - on top of which playing for a CL side means he'll significantly increase his chances of getting back into the national squad/team, which may well be his biggest priority of all.

Reading The Mag today that Simon Bird (THE CUNT) when asked out of 10 what the chances of Owen staying, he gave a 2 but said if Shearer took over it would be a 6. Following on from the Shearer bit, Rob Lee said "I honestly believe Alan would take job but he would want none of the funny business that went on"  it was something to that effect & said a bit more & tailed off "and yes I would come back"

He all but made clear that he didn't want to be at the club when he first came, I think we all know it was the money and lack of interest from others that made him do it.

The fact that we look deep in shit, have a bad manager, messed up staff and an owner trying to flog means he'll be all but gone at the first opportunity.